The new CBS look - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The new CBS look

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The new CBS look

Postby neoforce » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:42 pm

dmendro wrote:
neoforce wrote:So far, I have found one thing that I can't do which I used to be able to do. When on the roster page, you can download ONE TEAM via .csv to Excel or other spreadsheet. That still works fine. But I used to be able to download the ENTIRE LEAGUE at once by selecting all teams before download. Now there is NOT a select all teams.

This is a big problem, I use that download league a lot.

I sent that in as a complaint.

You can still do this, but not from the rosters page. You have to go to the stats page and then choose Show All Teams. Then you can export to CSV.

Doesn't look like I can get what I want there. What I really want is to see the contract and salary, and none of the choices on that page shows that. I also like having the % owned/% started, but that isn't as critical. There is a place on the players page to pick "categories" of what you see. Right now there is a button for "standard" "scoring" "advanced" and a drop down that says: "custom". That drop down doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe when that is fully implemented I'll be able to select contracts/salaries to show.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dmendro » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:49 pm

neoforce wrote:
dmendro wrote:
neoforce wrote:So far, I have found one thing that I can't do which I used to be able to do. When on the roster page, you can download ONE TEAM via .csv to Excel or other spreadsheet. That still works fine. But I used to be able to download the ENTIRE LEAGUE at once by selecting all teams before download. Now there is NOT a select all teams.

This is a big problem, I use that download league a lot.

I sent that in as a complaint.

You can still do this, but not from the rosters page. You have to go to the stats page and then choose Show All Teams. Then you can export to CSV.

Doesn't look like I can get what I want there. What I really want is to see the contract and salary, and none of the choices on that page shows that. I also like having the % owned/% started, but that isn't as critical. There is a place on the players page to pick "categories" of what you see. Right now there is a button for "standard" "scoring" "advanced" and a drop down that says: "custom". That drop down doesn't seem to do anything. Maybe when that is fully implemented I'll be able to select contracts/salaries to show.

Ok here's how you do it:

Go to the Players page. On the menu headers, choose custom stats and then you will see how to actually create your custom reports. I don't think you can add % owned and started though.

Does this open up for you? http://sbfl.baseball.cbssports.com/stats If not, replaces the sbfl with your leagues name and try it.
---------------------------------------------------------
The Black 'N Blue Podcast
RSS Feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/BlacknBlue
Beating each other up one sport at a time.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby neoforce » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:23 pm

dmendro wrote:Ok here's how you do it:

Go to the Players page. On the menu headers, choose custom stats and then you will see how to actually create your custom reports. I don't think you can add % owned and started though.

Does this open up for you? http://sbfl.baseball.cbssports.com/stats If not, replaces the sbfl with your leagues name and try it.

I'm much closer, but not there yet. I love cbs because there are always features I didn't try, like this one. I didn't understand how to do custom stats. So, you got me that far. I can get the contracts/salaries etc. But for some reason it is only coming up with the "starters" for each team. We have guys in the minors, and they don't show up.

It does say "period 1" as the time frame. Maybe that is why it is doing just active players? But I really need a dump of all players for each period.

Or am I doing something else wrong?
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Verminator » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:49 pm

My big complaint... the message board. That did not get enhanced with the latest update.

Our team trash talks a lot and has a lot of discussion that are not only fantasy baseball related, but also general baseball talk and general chit-chat.

The message board is a joke. No ability to reply to specific posts, see the posts while you are responding to them, post hyperlinks, post pictures, etc. It is either posts in unformatted text or polls.
When it comes to exaggerating, I always give 110%.
Verminator
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby dmendro » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:44 pm

neoforce wrote:

I'm much closer, but not there yet. I love cbs because there are always features I didn't try, like this one. I didn't understand how to do custom stats. So, you got me that far. I can get the contracts/salaries etc. But for some reason it is only coming up with the "starters" for each team. We have guys in the minors, and they don't show up.

It does say "period 1" as the time frame. Maybe that is why it is doing just active players? But I really need a dump of all players for each period.

I see all my reserves and starters on the report.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Toomuchnv » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:55 am

Very disappointed with the so called changes. It appears the changes are just cosmetic....not much changed in terms of actual usefulness. I answered their survey and requested that they add minimum weekly innings or pitcher starts for head to head leagues. I also told them yahoo has had that feature forever. Yet, it appears they never added that...in fact from the list of things they added it appears nothing has changed really....If only yahoo would allow commishes to customize a private league's playoff format and tiebreakers instead of using their own cheesy tiebreakers I would have switched a long time ago.
Toomuchnv
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BeanTown » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:52 am

Toomuchnv wrote:Very disappointed with the so called changes. It appears the changes are just cosmetic....not much changed in terms of actual usefulness. I answered their survey and requested that they add minimum weekly innings or pitcher starts for head to head leagues. I also told them yahoo has had that feature forever. Yet, it appears they never added that...in fact from the list of things they added it appears nothing has changed really....If only yahoo would allow commishes to customize a private league's playoff format and tiebreakers instead of using their own cheesy tiebreakers I would have switched a long time ago.

I agree about your point with the weekly inning or start limit. The way I see it there has been a number of suggestions made to CBS over the years by everyone playing their fantasy baseball product. Then they do this "big" revamp and not only do they not use anyone's suggestions but they also took away things that people liked.

To further clarify my very last point... You mentioned "cheesy tiebreakers" in Yahoo. Well, guess what? Take a look at the new standing tiebreakers on CBS. The only option you have to break a tie in the standings is division record. If you're in a league without divisions there is NO standings toebreaker on CBS. If someone can correct me I'd be thrilled. I contacted CBS and they confirmed my understanding was accurate. WTF!!!
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Toomuchnv » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:58 am

BeanTown wrote:
Toomuchnv wrote:Very disappointed with the so called changes. It appears the changes are just cosmetic....not much changed in terms of actual usefulness. I answered their survey and requested that they add minimum weekly innings or pitcher starts for head to head leagues. I also told them yahoo has had that feature forever. Yet, it appears they never added that...in fact from the list of things they added it appears nothing has changed really....If only yahoo would allow commishes to customize a private league's playoff format and tiebreakers instead of using their own cheesy tiebreakers I would have switched a long time ago.

I agree about your point with the weekly inning or start limit. The way I see it there has been a number of suggestions made to CBS over the years by everyone playing their fantasy baseball product. Then they do this "big" revamp and not only do they not use anyone's suggestions but they also took away things that people liked.

To further clarify my very last point... You mentioned "cheesy tiebreakers" in Yahoo. Well, guess what? Take a look at the new standing tiebreakers on CBS. The only option you have to break a tie in the standings is division record. If you're in a league without divisions there is NO standings toebreaker on CBS. If someone can correct me I'd be thrilled. I contacted CBS and they confirmed my understanding was accurate. WTF!!!

As far as I know, in cbs, as commissioner I can setup my own playoff matchups which in essence allows me to apply our league tiebreakers. If this has changed and I can't do that I might as well switch to yahoo.
Toomuchnv
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BeanTown » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Toomuchnv wrote:
BeanTown wrote:

As far as I know, in cbs, as commissioner I can setup my own playoff matchups which in essence allows me to apply our league tiebreakers. If this has changed and I can't do that I might as well switch to yahoo.

I believe you can still set your own playoff matchups but there is no longer any tiebreaker built into CBS for the standings.
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dmendro » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:41 pm

neoforce wrote:

Ok, I figured it out. Click the little arrow next to your team name on your My Team page. then look all the way ta th ebottom in very small text under the last team. You should see a tiny All Teams there. You'll get everything you asked for.
dmendro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers