Should I keep Bautista? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should I keep Bautista?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I keep Bautista?

Postby Lord Jbo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:40 am

I'm in a 8x8 12 team auction league. Each year we get to franchise 3 players. And we get to franchise 2 players under 25 dollars, which means if he was drafted under 25 last season then we can franchise him this year for only 25 dollars. I strongly believe, 3rd base being weak this year that Bautista will be somewhere in the mid 30's in my league if I were to throw him back in.

So my question to everyone here is, is he worth it and will he have at least 40 homers and a 100 rbi this season?

Thanks, Jbo
Lord Jbo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I keep Bautista?

Postby Surfs up » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm hanging onto Bautista. Third base is weak. I don't expect him to hit 40-50 hrs this year but even 25-30 with.260/.270/ 90-100 rbi from a weak position works for me. He'll even throw in a handful of steals.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:01 pm

With 3B being a weak position, I think I would keep Bautista since he qualifies at the hot corner. HOWEVER I predict that he will not have the 50hr campain again. I think he settles in @ 25-30 HR, 250-260 avg. and maybe 100RBI's.....

Question what are your other options for keepers?

PLEASE HELP ME:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=421004
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)

Postby Lord Jbo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:58 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:With 3B being a weak position, I think I would keep Bautista since he qualifies at the hot corner. HOWEVER I predict that he will not have the 50hr campain again. I think he settles in @ 25-30 HR, 250-260 avg. and maybe 100RBI's.....

Question what are your other options for keepers?

PLEASE HELP ME:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=421004

Delmon Young and Fransico Liriano are the only others I would consider and Liriano being the best of those 2 imo. Whatcha think?
Lord Jbo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby teeznutz » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:48 pm

I agree with the rest. His numbers will drop but still solid at a limited 3b position.

Pls help:

viewtopic.php?t=420736&start=10
teeznutz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Surfs up » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:58 pm

As asked . What are your optons? Is Zimmerman, Wright . Youkilis or Longoria avalible and can you get one of them? The numbers thrown around on here right now look pretty damn good to me even if he does drop off by 30-50 %.
I honestly don't care what anybody else here says about him. I know I'm keeping him. This is fanasty baseball.It isn't real. Its suppose to boe FUN!!! Roll the dice. Whats the worse that can happen? So big deal he flops. He could also repeat or close to it and you'll look smarter than most . ;-D
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lord Jbo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:56 am

Surfs up wrote:As asked . What are your optons? Is Zimmerman, Wright . Youkilis or Longoria avalible and can you get one of them? The numbers thrown around on here right now look pretty damn good to me even if he does drop off by 30-50 %.
I honestly don't care what anybody else here says about him. I know I'm keeping him. This is fanasty baseball.It isn't real. Its suppose to boe FUN!!! Roll the dice. Whats the worse that can happen? So big deal he flops. He could also repeat or close to it and you'll look smarter than most . ;-D

I know Youk will be back in the pool and maybe Wright, but I'm not a big Wright fan and I hate where he plays. Would you keep Bautista over Liriano?
Lord Jbo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Surfs up » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:46 am

I'm in a six player keeper. I also have Liriano right now. I'm trying to trade him for an upgrade in draft picks. I'm going back with six hitters. I probably won't draft a pitcher until the third round.
Pitchers can be had in my opinion.Plus I have traded for pitching during the season.
I'm rolling the dice with Bautista. As i said whats the worse that can happen?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lord Jbo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:16 am

With 3rd base being weak this season I'm wondering if I should let someone over pay for Bautista if I throw him back into the pool? And then I could pick up Pedro on the cheap (auction draft) since I believe not many in my league would be aware of his potential....what do you think?
Lord Jbo
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby fast dogs » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:32 am

if its Bautista or Liriano you keep Bautista; you need the 3 most valueable players you can get. Maybe you can trade him after the auction for his 30something value; someone isn't going to be happy with their default 3rd basemen.
If your leaguemates aren't aware of Alvarez potential, you need to find a better league
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 302)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions