Most bizarre working predicament you've had? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I think the only reasonable approach is to write a letter of resignation, in all italics.


Post more, Art. :-b
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:34 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I think the only reasonable approach is to write a letter of resignation, in all italics.


Post more Art. :-b



Image
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 261)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:36 pm

I think that was my first post since the site was down for a couple days for renovations or whatever. There were a couple times that I wanted to post something, but once I realized I'd have to log in, I lost all motivation. If there is a lazy that supersedes being too lazy to sign in to a website to type a few dozen words, I don't know what it is.
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I think the only reasonable approach is to write a letter of resignation, in all italics.


Post more Art. :-b



Image



:-b
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3882
(Past Year: 172)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

Re: Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Postby markj11 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I think that was my first post since the site was down for a couple days for renovations or whatever. There were a couple times that I wanted to post something, but once I realized I'd have to log in, I lost all motivation. If there is a lazy that supersedes being too lazy to sign in to a website to type a few dozen words, I don't know what it is.


As shawngee03 mentioned on the first page, it's called a government job.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:12 pm

markj11 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I think that was my first post since the site was down for a couple days for renovations or whatever. There were a couple times that I wanted to post something, but once I realized I'd have to log in, I lost all motivation. If there is a lazy that supersedes being too lazy to sign in to a website to type a few dozen words, I don't know what it is.


As shawngee03 mentioned on the first page, it's called a government job.


this wall isnt going to stare at itself
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 650
Joined: 6 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: H-Town

Re: Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:14 pm

If you want to take the pressure off having to quit, then just wear a Green Bay Packers tie
Image
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 773
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At home on the football side

Re: Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Postby markj11 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:29 pm

If an employee of mine was in this situation I would hope they would let me know immediately. I would understand but I would not want to waste even 1 more day training you.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2112
Joined: 3 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wright here

Re: Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:42 pm

just do what i did when i didn't want to work for K-mart anymore in high school...i told HR i was having problems at home and had to go live with my dad in another city 30 minutes away and unfortunately wouldn't even be able to give my 2 weeks notice
HR told me as soon as i got settled in to give her a call and she'd try to get me a job at the K-mart out there...sucker :-D
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Most bizarre working predicament you've had?

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:43 pm

shawngee03 wrote:
markj11 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I think that was my first post since the site was down for a couple days for renovations or whatever. There were a couple times that I wanted to post something, but once I realized I'd have to log in, I lost all motivation. If there is a lazy that supersedes being too lazy to sign in to a website to type a few dozen words, I don't know what it is.


As shawngee03 mentioned on the first page, it's called a government job.


this wall isnt going to stare at itself



honestly, where do I sign up? I am sick of getting behind on stuff because I spend too much time at the cafe. I want to spend too much time on the cafe adn not get behind on stuff.. :-b
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3882
(Past Year: 172)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 4:16 hours
(and 97 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact