Mafia Session 3- Day 1 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia Session 3- Day 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia Session 3- Day 1

Postby wake » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:40 pm

The Mafia-
1 Mob Boss- If he's lynched, the mafia doesn't get a kill that night. If he's the last mafia left, he'll get two kills a night until he dies or the game ends.
1 Bodyguard- He can protect one mafia member per night. He can't protect himself and he can't protect the same person on back to back nights
1 Prostitute- He can distract one person each night so they can't use their night ability. He can't choose the same person on consecutive nights and he won't be told if the person he blocked actually had an ability.
1 Regular Mafia

The Town-
1 Investigator- He chooses one person per night and is told what their role is
1 Doctor- He chooses one person per night to protect from any night killings. This still applies even if multiple people try to kill the protected person. He can't protect himslef and he can't choose the same person on consecutive nights.
1 Watcher- He chooses one person per night to see if they leave their house. Basically, he's told if a person is a regular townie or if they have a special role. He's not given any information on what that player's specific role or alignment is though.
1 Vigilante- He can shoose one person to night to kill
6 Regular Townies

Other-
Insane Serial Killer- He can choose one person per night to kill. He wins if he's the last standing (or if only one other person is left at the start of a day phase)

No one has to use their night time abilities if they don't want to. Still PM me if you're not going to use them on any given night though.

1) StlSluggers
2) WaCoug
3) AquaMan
4) Dan Lambskin
5) Inukchuck
6) urbanbreez
7) mookie
8) lastings
9) titanfan
10) BigLebowski
11) GiantsFan
12) Dream
13) M16A
14) BigHort
15) J35J

8 Votes to lynch

Game on.
Last edited by wake on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia Session 3- Day 1

Postby wake » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:41 pm

All the PMs should have been sent out. Let me know if you didn't receive one.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Just puttin it out there, i'm not mafia so hopefully the doctor protects me tonight or i don't stand a chance. i'm way too pro for the mafia to let me live.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 pm

anyone wanna take bets Aqua is the last to post
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TitanFan07 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:02 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:blah blah blah... i'm not mafia....more blah

Maybe, maybe not. But my good friend Ron Burgundy might call you a smelly pirate hooker. :-D
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:03 pm

blessing mafia with my presence for the first time in '11. i'm not gonna get all gung ho and ask for protection, but i do have a history of being pretty bad ass at sniffing out baddies and being knocked out early in the process. but i digress, i think i'm just gonna hop on board with whatever mookie does -- he's typically right in these games, nobody will listen to him, and he's either lynched or killed at night because he's onto something. mookie, you better not be mafia. and if wacougs tries to start a rally to lynch you, you've got my vote to lynch him back, if for no other reason than i won't have to read his posts.

at any rate, let's make sure as the days progress, we look back for clues in voting history, posting patterns, etc. i saw the town won crazy early last game, but i didn't follow it and can only assume it was a combination of dumb luck and the worst mafiosos of all-time.

so yeah, checking in. GF, joking or not, begging for protection so blatantly reeks of ISK, because i can't imagine the investigator or a mafioso would be so blatantly foolish. but he's a pretty smart guy so maybe he's just a townie.

ps - i'm nothing special, so mafia please don't lynch me tonight if i make it through today.
pss - who is TitansFan07?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:04 pm

yo! got my PM. checking in.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 168)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:31 pm

bigh0rt wrote:so yeah, checking in. GF, joking or not, begging for protection so blatantly reeks of ISK, because i can't imagine the investigator or a mafioso would be so blatantly foolish. but he's a pretty smart guy so maybe he's just a townie.

why would the ISK be any different than the investigator or mafia? is acting insane actually a prerequisite to being the ISK? you are right about me being a smart guy though.

mostly i'm just super pro at this game which means the mafia is gonna want my mafia detecting powers gone so they don't have to deal with getting owned so fast again.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:anyone wanna take bets Aqua is the last to post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9gRzmCf1EI
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:so yeah, checking in. GF, joking or not, begging for protection so blatantly reeks of ISK, because i can't imagine the investigator or a mafioso would be so blatantly foolish. but he's a pretty smart guy so maybe he's just a townie.

why would the ISK be any different than the investigator or mafia? is acting insane actually a prerequisite to being the ISK? you are right about me being a smart guy though.

mostly i'm just super pro at this game which means the mafia is gonna want my mafia detecting powers gone so they don't have to deal with getting owned so fast again.

It's just been my experience that the ISK tips their hand more easily than mafioso or the investigator. A year or two ago I pegged Snakes Gould on Day 1, when he was all but begging for protection, thinking he was Mafia and he wound up being the ISK when we lynched him. I was then promptly killed on Night 1 by the mafia, IIRC. People who grasp for self-preservation tend to rarely be your run of the mill townies. As long as the town wins, I'm cool with being alive or dead when the game ends. That's all I was gettin at.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Next

Return to General Talk