Draft Software - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Draft Software

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Draft Software

Postby themather » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:55 am

I used Fantistics for the past 3 years, but in my opinion I think their projections tend to be a little gaudy and I found myself getting caught up with guys on draft day that didn't pan out. Obviously everything's a crapshoot, but that was just my experience.

This year I've decided to give Mastersball a try. Their draft software isn't out yet, but the membership also gets access to all their Excel files and CVRC files (that can be tweaked for your league settings) and those things seem valuable and informative.
themather
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby circelli17 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:23 am

spydog wrote:I used Fantistics last year and was relatively pleased. However, I just purchased RotoChamp and I love it. I think it has a better interface and it was much cheaper. I think I paid somewhere around $60 last year for the Fantistics draft software + the season updates, but only paid $25 for RotoChamp.

RotoChamp has the functionality of Fantistics/RotoLab with the price of DiamondDraft.

I used to do my own Excel spreadsheet program, but really feel now that these draft programs are well worth the investment if you are serious about fantasy baseball and can afford to shell out some cash.

Does rotochamp have the customization to adjust projections based on your own input? I am looking to purchase a draft software this year that has the capacity to incorporate my own '11 projections... preferably something that gives the option to weight your own projections versus whatever consensus the software is programmed with.
circelli17
T-Ball Trainer

Postby spydog » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:23 am

circelli17 wrote:
Does rotochamp have the customization to adjust projections based on your own input? I am looking to purchase a draft software this year that has the capacity to incorporate my own '11 projections... preferably something that gives the option to weight your own projections versus whatever consensus the software is programmed with.

Yes. You can edit the projections and it will update the player valuations accordingly. It allows you to enter a hitting/pitching split, but there is no weight placed on your projections versus theirs.
spydog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby asalerno » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:33 pm

When assessing which draft software to purchase, I think that the decision should be based on the quality of the data rather than the technology or cost. My main consideration: Does the service have a reputable player projections history?

You couldn't pay me enough to use projections (free or pay) that don't have a track record of success. Not when a potentially long languishing season is at stake. It's like buying into a mutual fund that doesn't have a track record or can't beat the S&P, because they have lower management fees. Like some of you, I've been successful using the Fantistics software. I had Cargo / Votto / Jimenez on almost all of my teams because of their projections.
asalerno
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers