Mafia 2011, Session 2, Day 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011, Session 2, Day 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia 2011, Session 2, Day 2

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:41 pm

As night turns to day, the town awakes to the smell of burnt carcass. Media reports reveal that a "special" delivery was sent to police headquarters. The ashes of a burnt up Twin, STLsluggers, were packed into a CD case of a really, really crappy DVD movie. Why they chose Gili, we may never know...but this was clearly a Mafia retaliation to the death of m16a.

STL- twin -dead, burnt up and stuffed in a case along with one of the worst movies of 2008. What a way to go.
STL's twin has vowed vengeance and is now a vigilante.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2, Day 2

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:37 pm

I think m16a being a mafia pretty much exonerates wake completely at this point. If he's not a townie then it's pretty much the most brilliant game of mafia ever played imo. I need to go back and read some stuff from day 1, but I'm guessing the mafia killed sluggers because they had no connection to him and nobody thought he was suspicious. I'm off to work now so I doubt I'll be able to post anything of much substance until I get home.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:41 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:I think m16a being a mafia pretty much exonerates wake completely at this point. If he's not a townie then it's pretty much the most brilliant game of mafia ever played imo. I need to go back and read some stuff from day 1, but I'm guessing the mafia killed sluggers because they had no connection to him and nobody thought he was suspicious. I'm off to work now so I doubt I'll be able to post anything of much substance until I get home.

I don't think it absolves him completely, but it does look good for him since he led the crusade. Since there was so much talk last game about the mafiosi giving up one of their own early to get things off track, but it's worth noting it's a possibility - albeit a slim one, and one that if you lost to it you'd just tip your cap and move on most likely...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:44 pm

i've got a meeting to get ready for, but i'll be taking a look at who did and didn't vote for M16....i'll also be interested in some of the late votes because those could just be Mafia pile on votes once things weren't looking good for him
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:55 pm

For those that were for or were somewhat advocating the twins revealing themselves, does the fact that a mafioso being lynched, at this point, require a revisiting of the topic?
I am off to an interview and some errands. Gotta get ready for the football weekend.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:01 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:For wake and Inuk , who were advocating the twins revealing themselves, does the fact that a mafioso being lynched, at this point, require a revisiting of the topic?
I am off to an interview and some errands. Gotta get ready for the football weekend.

Corrected your post...

In case you missed it, Sluggo - a twin - is dead already, so it seems like the pair outing themselves is not really a viable plan anymore, unless I'm missing something...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:06 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:For those that were for or were somewhat advocating the twins revealing themselves, does the fact that a mafioso being lynched, at this point, require a revisiting of the topic?

I don't think so. Now, it's a moot point seeing as one of the positive aspects for the town was the fact that the mafia wouldn't kill a twin and release the vig. Since the vig is now out and about, he'd be a huge target for the mob if he came out.

Thanks to a snow day, I have some time to go back and read day 1 with more info... I'll post thoughts (and try to keep them concise) in a while...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby wake » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:07 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:For those that were for or were somewhat advocating the twins revealing themselves, does the fact that a mafioso being lynched, at this point, require a revisiting of the topic?

Not anymore now that one of the twins is dead. We can no longer be sure of anyone claiming to be the vigilante now that his twin isn't around to confirm it. Plus, part of the appeal of the twins revealing was that the mafia would have to waste precious night kills killing one twin to get to the vigilante. Since they've already done that, that advtantage doesn't exist anymore.

The issue the vigilante presents now is that he's of questionable use because of the bodyguard and his anonymity interferes with the watcher's investigations.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Not sure what you mean? Are you saying that the twin should reveal? Or at least the discussion of it should be taking place?

I think I am with wake being a townie. I'm still unsure of Inuk at this point. I would like to hear from Aqua as he hasn't said much to this point. Mookie scares me a bit at this point. Those are my early day 2 thoughts.
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Take them for what they're worth...

Day 1 post totals:
  1. dream - 28
  2. Giants - 16
  3. Cougs - 16
  4. Mookie - 14
  5. Inuk - 12
  6. wake - 11
  7. Slugo - 10 (dead twin)
  8. lastings - 10
  9. daShiz - 9
  10. Dan - 7
  11. Lebo - 6
  12. bills - 5 (depending on how you look at word counts)
  13. dAnzac - 3
  14. Aqua - 3
  15. m16a - 1 (dead mafioso)
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Next

Return to General Talk