Looking for a GM? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for a GM?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for a GM?

Postby tristeros » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Hello all,

I'm looking for a fun, money league to join. I've played the last few years in a 7x7 roto league and am looking for a change of pace.

Here's basically the highlights of what I'm looking for:

-Auction draft (online, in-person in NYC, slow, whatever) I've always done a snake draft but Auction seems like a much better system.
-Roto (weekly roster changes) or H2H.
-Money league (~$50 max buy-in). an active free league would also be ok.
-Keeper/dynasty. i think this adds a lot to the experience and would be fun.

Besides those requests, I'm open to whatever your league is doing. Email me at (tristerosdemon@gmail.com) or reply here.
Last edited by tristeros on Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tristeros
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for a GM?

Postby tristeros » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:27 pm

--bump--

i'm still looking for a league.
tristeros
T-Ball Trainer

Postby h20explorer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi,

My name is Bill. Our league is looking for a couple active owners. We lost owners to moving for better jobs. We meet most of your requirements. The big one is that the cost is $160, which include a CBS website fee. It is pricey, but it is a good league. Four position payout 900, 450, 290, 160 approximately.

We are a roto 5x5 NL-only league. 25 man active roster and a reserve squad that includes minor league prospects. It is a keeper league, 12 active and up to 5 minor league prospects. Also, it is a live draft in Philly.

Let me know. My email address is: h20explorer@hotmail.com

Bill
h20explorer
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby fmluder » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Hi,

My dynasty league is entering our 5th season and looking to expand the number of teams. I believe it's close to what you're looking for.

We use an auction to acquire players. It used to be live in person, but will most likely be done online this year via CBS Sportsline, where the league is run. It is also a keeper league. Players signed at auction can then be assigned a contract length of 1-4 years. There is an expansion draft for new teams prior to the auction date, and plenty of top players (Lincecum, CarGo, Braun, Pujols, Hanley, Tulo, Utley, Mauer, etc.) are currently unowned so new teams should be able to compete right away.

We use 5x5 roto scoring with a few different categories; replacing BA with OBP and HR with Total Bases. On the pitching side we replaced Wins with Quality Starts, and added Holds to increase the value of middle relievers and setup men. 25 man active roster, with 15 player reserve roster, which can be comprised of bench players and minor leaguers.

$50 league fee goes towards the prize pool (100% payout, number of places determined by number of teams), plus the CBS fee split evenly amongst all the teams (about $15, again depending on the number of teams). Any questions please ask.
fmluder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)

Return to Classifieds