3. Mookie - 12
  4. Slugo - 10
  5. Cougs - 10
  6. Inuk - 9
  7. wake - 7
  8. daShiz - 7
  9. Dan - 6
  10. lastings - 6
  11. bills - 4 (should count as like 11 based on word count though)
  12. Lebowski - 4
  13. dAnzac - 2
  14. Aqua - 2
  15. m16a - 1

I think one of the dead-silent (that means dAnzac (though he's far away so it's semi-understandable), Aqua, or m16a) are mafia. In fact, it's quite possible that two of them are mafia. m16a fired the first shot, and dz fired a shot after this. Aqua's done his usual say-nothing, which is impossible to read (though places him high on the suspicion list).

m16's reasoning was that dz checked in without providing any other info. However, lambskin had "checked in" prior to this point with a "I don't like revealing the twins roles". No reasoning or anything behind it, just a nay vote. Sluggers had checked in saying something about wanting the full roster to be posted on the first page, and that was his total contribution. I don't see what the difference is between danzac saying "I'm going to soccer" and Lambskin saying "I don't like revealing twins' roles" without any reasoning, after many had come in and voiced opposition to revealing the twins roles.

So m16a fired an opening shot: fine. That's completely reasonable for a townie to do, just to kick the game forward. However, he hasn't come back to do anything else. So I'm not feeling good about that opening shot anymore. It smells suspicious. However, danzac also reacted to this shot not with any real logic, but by jumping on the player already suspected by the town. That smells fishy too. They both could easily be mafia. Reasonable to think that m16a jumps in, fires the opening shot at his teammate to make it look like he isn't mafia, then danzac comes on and fires at the most obvious townie. It's a good mafia play (provides some separation between m16a and danzac). M16a's vote deserves further review; it has no logic behind it, and therefore, the fact that he voted for DANZAC may or may not have meaning (the attack looks way too "random" to actually be random).

I'm guessing one of these guys is mafia, quite possibly both. I'd like to hear something from both of these guys though before I change my vote. It'd also be nice to hear something (anything) from Aqua, outside of "I'm reviewing the thread" and "I'm in Chicago". Neither of those is at all useful.

Also, to respond to Inuckchuk's post, we should go back and look at Aqua's m16a's, and danzac (Aussie)'s actions in previous games.

As for Aqua, is he always this quiet throughout the enitre game? If so, then he's not really helping anything either. But I don't think that means it's a good idea to get rid of him. We have a few legitimate Mafia candidates here; let's focus on them....
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:50 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I don't get this. Didn't you just get through voting for me because of "poor reasoning and snap judgment"?

Now you are saying that this scenario that we are discussing would benefit the town "by less than a percentage point". Who's got the poor reasoning and snap judgment now upchuk?

I'm still of the opinion that you would have to be very low on the evolutionary ladder to not realize immediately that this benefits the mafia.

OK, so I guess maybe you're just not as keen as I originally thought.

First you mention that if the twins come out, the probability of finding a mafioso are only 4/12 since 'you take yourself out of the equation.' Um, no. The probability of a single townie voting for a mafioso is 4/12, but the probability of a mafioso getting lynched is still 4/13. Just because you take yourself out of the probability doesn't mean everyone else does as well.

As far as my 'less than a percentage point' comment goes, I see you've taken that completely out of context, as well. I'll put the entire quote down for everyone to read:

Inukchuk wrote:FWIW, if we had no watcher, bodyguard, or mob boss special roles, I'm pretty convinced it would benefit the town, albeit by less than a percentage point

Notice that we are playing a game in which these things are not true. I simply mentioned that to show that wake's suggestion isn't as ridiculous as you're claiming it to be.

I understand that you're simply trying to sniff out mafia (or make a show of it, anyway), but the fact that you've now twice used poor reasoning, and coupled it with a good bit of mud-slinging, has me wondering if you're even trying to push this game in a positive direction for the town at all rather than creating chaos. In any event, you seem to be more of a hindrance, and I see no reason at this point to change my vote.

I don't want to come off as pugnacious but this is completely ridiculous mumbojumbo.

I said that wake's suggestion makes no tangible difference and assists the mafia. I have shown this to the satisfaction of everybody but you. You would have to walk around with your mittens safety pinned to your coat to fail to realize this immediately.

I also said that you came off as very suspicious for creaming your pants over this suggestion.

Instead of doing a mea culpa over this you have come out like...well like me, and been all insulting and aggressive. Twice, not once but twice, you have accused me of using poor logic or whatever came out of your keyboard pounding?!?!?! What poor logic, what poor reasoning?

Then you vote for me and then take away the vote.

You're the Hellen Keller of mafia. If Hellen Keller was stupid mafioso.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I don't want to come off as pugnacious

Mookie4ever wrote:You're the Hellen Keller of mafia. If Hellen Keller was stupid mafioso.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 403)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:09 pm

I gots to be me bro :-)

No offence Upchuck
bygones
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:26 pm

I wonder how many yellow cards mookie would have given himself by now if he wasn't himself.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 809)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
You're the Hellen Keller of mafia. If Hellen Keller was stupid mafioso.

This line is an absolute gem :-b . For the young, lame guys here if you've ever played the game Apples-to-Apples while drinking, you'd understand :-b .
buffalobillsrul2002
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I said that wake's suggestion makes no tangible difference and assists the mafia. I have shown this to the satisfaction of everybody but you.

And Wake.
And GF.
And BigLebowski.
And Dream.
And Aqua.
And Sluggo.

All of these people at one time or another have expressed that wake's theory may have some merit, or they have not commented on it at all, if I remember correctly. To be completely honest, I didn't feel like going through all 16 pages to find the exact quotes.

you have accused me of using poor logic or whatever came out of your keyboard pounding?!?!?! What poor logic, what poor reasoning?

This.

Inukchuk, discussing Mookie's post wrote:First you mention that if the twins come out, the probability of finding a mafioso are only 4/12 since 'you take yourself out of the equation.' Um, no. The probability of a single townie voting for a mafioso is 4/12, but the probability of a mafioso getting lynched is still 4/13. Just because you take yourself out of the probability doesn't mean everyone else does as well.

And this.

Mookie wrote:Now you are saying that this scenario that we are discussing would benefit the town "by less than a percentage point". Who's got the poor reasoning and snap judgment now upchuk?

Inukchuk, in response wrote:As far as my 'less than a percentage point' comment goes, I see you've taken that completely out of context, as well. I'll put the entire quote down for everyone to read:

Inukchuk wrote:
FWIW, if we had no watcher, bodyguard, or mob boss special roles, I'm pretty convinced it would benefit the town, albeit by less than a percentage point

Notice that we are playing a game in which these things are not true. I simply mentioned that to show that wake's suggestion isn't as ridiculous as you're claiming it to be.

Mookie also wrote:Then you vote for me and then take away the vote.

I explained why right after I did it. It's not that I don't still suspect you, it's just that I felt it to be wasted as no one seemed to agree. I'm just trying to stay open minded. Hopefully, you or I get investigated tonight and the issue becomes resolved one way or another.

As I mentioned to dream earlier, if you truly feel as if I'm mafia, then keep the vote on. But just make sure it's for the right reason, and not because I've gotten on your case.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Inuk has earned enough credit with me to excuse the mistake he's being accused of making right now. Can't say the same for m16a.

Vote: M16a
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:08 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Inuk has earned enough credit with me to excuse the mistake he's being accused of making right now. Can't say the same for m16a.

Is it just me or does showing up late to the party and chipping in a vote with piggy-backed logic seem really similar to how Aqua played last time when he was mafioso? Just sayin'...

Nothing to say for yourself Aqua? Why do you even play the game if you're going to post 3 times per day to give us your GPS coordinates and then chip in unsubstantiated votes? :-?

Vote tally:
m16a - 7
Inuk - 3
dAnzac - 2
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigLebowski » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:15 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Inuk has earned enough credit with me to excuse the mistake he's being accused of making right now. Can't say the same for m16a.

Is it just me or does showing up late to the party and chipping in a vote with piggy-backed logic seem really similar to how Aqua played last time when he was mafioso? Just sayin'...

Nothing to say for yourself Aqua? Why do you even play the game if you're going to post 3 times per day to give us your GPS coordinates and then chip in unsubstantiated votes? :-?

Vote tally:
m16a - 7
Inuk - 3
dAnzac - 2

That really does smack of a repeat performance. I would hope that Aqua is smarter than that, but maybe that is giving him too much credit. I am still a bit suspicious of Inuk, but he seems to have, if not gained support then appeased most of you guys. In an attempt to get this game moving I am gonna slap a vote - m16a down. I will really need a good explanation from aqua tomorrow.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 479)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk