100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011, Session 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:45 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:But there is something else i want to point out here. and it's Wake. Wake is coming off as a very practiced, savvy player here. and even has lebowski saying we should doctor him up every other rd... I would agree the wake appears to be savvy. but also savvy enough for a mafia member to lay some serious townie-like groundwork in this early statge in the game. could it be that he brought up a somewhat flawed plan so he could point out reasons why a mafia member would never bring it up? I don't see this as an impossibility at all.

I am not saying that Wake is mafia.. but if we go through with executing m16A and he turns out to be innocent, I think this topic may need to be revisited.

I completely agree with this line of thought here. I was really hoping to hear some of our quiet competitors here, but this doesn't seem to be happening. I am not one to vote for someone because of silence at this point.
For awhile here I have had this vote in mind, and nothing has been said to persuade me otherwise.

Vote Inukchuk

This post is a bit confusing to me - "I agree completely with someone who spoke out against wake and voted for m16, so therefore I vote for Inuk"...wait, what? I know you think Iunk made a crazy misstep and many (including me) have given credence to that line of reasoning, but how do you agree with someone's reasoning that led them to a silent guy who voted once and then disappeared for over a day and then use that as logic to vote for someone you've "had in mind" but said nothing about?

Unless he is trying to get the heat off of m16 and get the ball rolling on Inuck. I'm confused now, so you are spared for the moment Inuk. A nice middle of the road vote from a mafia to a townie that is gaining steam :-?

unvote: inuk
vote: m16a
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:i dont have much of a feeling about anyone else other than the gut feeling that dream is mafia.

Because I'm trying to gather information :-? Thanks....I think :-o
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:54 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:But there is something else i want to point out here. and it's Wake. Wake is coming off as a very practiced, savvy player here. and even has lebowski saying we should doctor him up every other rd... I would agree the wake appears to be savvy. but also savvy enough for a mafia member to lay some serious townie-like groundwork in this early statge in the game. could it be that he brought up a somewhat flawed plan so he could point out reasons why a mafia member would never bring it up? I don't see this as an impossibility at all.

I am not saying that Wake is mafia.. but if we go through with executing m16A and he turns out to be innocent, I think this topic may need to be revisited.

I completely agree with this line of thought here. I was really hoping to hear some of our quiet competitors here, but this doesn't seem to be happening. I am not one to vote for someone because of silence at this point.
For awhile here I have had this vote in mind, and nothing has been said to persuade me otherwise.

Vote Inukchuk

This post is a bit confusing to me - "I agree completely with someone who spoke out against wake and voted for m16, so therefore I vote for Inuk"...wait, what? I know you think Iunk made a crazy misstep and many (including me) have given credence to that line of reasoning, but how do you agree with someone's reasoning that led them to a silent guy who voted once and then disappeared for over a day and then use that as logic to vote for someone you've "had in mind" but said nothing about?

I thought the same thing to when I saw this post.. but then noted that A) he gave no creedence nor did he even mention my thoughts on Inuk. and B) he agrees that there is a possibility that wake is suspicious. wake voted for m16a. wake also appears to be bailing inuk out a bit. (maybe). I can see his train of thought, anyways...
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dAnzac » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:14 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:i'm off to work for the next 6 hours or so but I should be able to check in at some point.

Is the nail parlour only open for 6 hours? ;-7
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wake » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:17 pm

But, there are still some other factors to consider:
there is still the body gaurd that can protect a mafia and what if a mafia doesn't fake claim are we really that much better off.
[/quote]

Just to clarify, the bodyguard can only protect people during the night. Basically, he only comes into play if the vigilante does.

Personally, unless there are special circumstances that warrant it, I wouldn't even use the vigilante. Between his chances to hit a townie and one mafia member always being protected at night, he's likely to do more harm than good.

That's one of the factors that led me to suggest that it's not the worst thing if the twins revealing themselves eventually ends up with the vigilante in the open. Plus the fact that a hidden vigilante would interefere with the watcher's chances of finding the mafia.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:20 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:

Vote Inukchuk

I did not want to butcher up his quote. What I agree with is the suspicion over Wake. Something that may need to revisited, but not quite yet. I am going to have to dig back a little bit and try to get a better read on m16A. Not feeling anything there right now.
dAnzac, Aqua...care to weigh in?
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:24 pm

dAnzac wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:i'm off to work for the next 6 hours or so but I should be able to check in at some point.

Is the nail parlour only open for 6 hours? ;-7

Gone for over 24 hours and this is what you come up with? OK... :-b

DaShiz23 wrote:I did not want to butcher up his quote. What I agree with is the suspicion over Wake. Something that may need to revisited, but not quite yet. I am going to have to dig back a little bit and try to get a better read on m16A. Not feeling anything there right now.
dAnzac, Aqua...care to weigh in?

Let me make it easy for you - he has made ONE post, the one I quoted on the last page...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:29 pm

wake wrote:But, there are still some other factors to consider:
there is still the body gaurd that can protect a mafia and what if a mafia doesn't fake claim are we really that much better off.

Just to clarify, the bodyguard can only protect people during the night. Basically, he only comes into play if the vigilante does.

Personally, unless there are special circumstances that warrant it, I wouldn't even use the vigilante. Between his chances to hit a townie and one mafia member always being protected at night, he's likely to do more harm than good.

That's one of the factors that led me to suggest that it's not the worst thing if the twins revealing themselves eventually ends up with the vigilante in the open. Plus the fact that a hidden vigilante would interefere with the watcher's chances of finding the mafia.[/quote]
Ahh, I guess I didn't read it that way.

See, more talking, useful discussion and answers to questions can help clarify things.
dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:09 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Let me make it easy for you - he has made ONE post, the one I quoted on the last page...

Has anyone played in a game with Aqua in which he hasn't been quiet? I ask because he was quiet last game and was mafia. If he's always like this, then I guess we have (and will continue to get) nothing from him. If he's usually more talkative however, his silence would concern me a whole lot more.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Let me make it easy for you - he has made ONE post, the one I quoted on the last page...

Has anyone played in a game with Aqua in which he hasn't been quiet? I ask because he was quiet last game and was mafia. If he's always like this, then I guess we have (and will continue to get) nothing from him. If he's usually more talkative however, his silence would concern me a whole lot more.

I think this is the 4th time I've played with him and it kind of seems to be his schtick. He was a quiet townie that got really pissed when we killed him once before, and a silent and minorly obstinate mafioso last time. If there was a third time before this he was an unremarkable townie, but I can't remember for sure...

Hard to hearken back that far, but I don't remember the excuse posts followed by absences before last game, but it could be purely coincidental as both games have taken place within a week's time at this "season"...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk