Mafia 2011, Session 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011, Session 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Metropolis, CA. 1/18/11 -

Local business man and town celebrity, urbanbreez, was found hanging by the neck in his downtown loft today. The following was contained in an apparent suicide note:
I realize I’m adrift in an uncaring world, in which everyone is only out to help themselves, that all human interaction is based on lies and selfishness. Realize that I’ll never find true love because love doesn’t exist. Realize that my entire life will not leave a lasting impression on the world., and my empty legacy will be reduced to an empty, soul-less corpse. I realize that, no matter how many people I surround myself with, I will die alone.

Goodbye cruel world, take care of my pet rabbits.


He was found with one of those rabbits rammed up his hindquarters. That, along with other conspicuous evidence leads local police to think foul play was involved and that the letter may be a fake. The Police Chief suspects the ever-present local mafia, as they have been rampaging with crime all summer.

A number crunching goon at police headquarters concludes the town’s population of important characters is as follows:

1 - mob boss - if he is lynched, the mafia get no kills that night; if he is the last surviving mafioso, he kills two people per night until the game ends one way or the other
1 - bodyguard - cannot protect the same mafia member on back-to-back nights
2 - regular mafia


1 - investigator - can reveal the identity of one person per night
1 - doctor - cannot protect the same person on back-to-back nights
1 - watcher - picks one person's house per night to see if they leave home. Meaning, the watcher is told if the person they chose has a role other than townie (or twins before one is murdered). They're not told what that special role is or if it's pro or anti town
2 - twins - if the town lynches one twin, the surviving twin becomes the ISK (chooses target to kill each night); if mob kills a twin, the surviving twin becomes a vigilante (can kill one person at night or withhold the ability at his discretion)
6 - regular townies

ROSTER:
• Cougs
• Dan Lambskin
• Inukchuk
• Mookie
• GiantsFan
• dAnzac
• wake
• Aquaman
• lastingsgriller
• m16a
• StlSluggers
• daShiz23
• buffalobillsrul2002
• dream_017
• BigLebowski

BEGIN…
Last edited by urbanbreez on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3200
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles. U Jelly?

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:39 pm

FIRST

omg where's my PM.

also, do twins only show up as townies before one dies to the investigator and watcher?

also also, can the doctor protect himself?

also also also, what exactly does the bodyguard do? just protect a mafia from a vigilante/ISK or is there something else involved?
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 426)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:42 pm

PM recieved, let's get it on!
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 426)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby wake » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:FIRST

omg where's my PM.

also, do twins only show up as townies before one dies to the investigator and watcher?

also also, can the doctor protect himself?

also also also, what exactly does the bodyguard do? just protect a mafia from a vigilante/ISK or is there something else involved?


My belief is that twins always show up as twins to the investigator. They don't show up to the watcher until they become a vigilante/ISK though since the watcher only learns of people with night time activities.

Usually doctors can't protect themselves.

And a bodyguard should just be the mafia's version of the doctor
Image
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1321
Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby wake » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Ok, I'm going to try and jump start Day 1 by giving everyone something to discuss.

I think the twins should reveal themselves now.

First, it would give us two known townies right off the bat.

Second, we won't have to worry about lynching one and turning the other one into an ISK.

Third, if the mafia want to kill one of them after learning of their roles- so what? They've then turned a regular townie into a vigilante for the town. The doctor would be able to protect the vigilante to ensure they're around until night 3. And if the mafia kills one of the twins on night one, they're not killing the investigator, doctor, or watcher. They're just killing someone who is, at that point in the game, just a regular townie.
Image
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1321
Joined: 24 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby BigLebowski » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:02 pm

wake wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:FIRST

omg where's my PM.

also, do twins only show up as townies before one dies to the investigator and watcher?

also also, can the doctor protect himself?

also also also, what exactly does the bodyguard do? just protect a mafia from a vigilante/ISK or is there something else involved?


My belief is that twins always show up as twins to the investigator. They don't show up to the watcher until they become a vigilante/ISK though since the watcher only learns of people with night time activities.

Usually doctors can't protect themselves.

And a bodyguard should just be the mafia's version of the doctor


This is my understanding as well.
Image
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8264
(Past Year: 470)
Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: QUACK-QUACK....GO DUCKS!

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 pm

wake wrote:Ok, I'm going to try and jump start Day 1 by giving everyone something to discuss.

I think the twins should reveal themselves now.

First, it would give us two known townies right off the bat.

Second, we won't have to worry about lynching one and turning the other one into an ISK.

Third, if the mafia want to kill one of them after learning of their roles- so what? They've then turned a regular townie into a vigilante for the town. The doctor would be able to protect the vigilante to ensure they're around until night 3. And if the mafia kills one of the twins on night one, they're not killing the investigator, doctor, or watcher. They're just killing someone who is, at that point in the game, just a regular townie.


Wow. This is a damn fine idea. Also, the mafia wouldn't dare try to fake a claim as a twin this early in the game, thus narrowing the town's search. I like this idea, and I'd like to hear what the rest of you guys think about it. Is there a flaw I'm missing?
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:22 pm

hey all
Got my PM. Now I'm off to bed. Long day and I'm exhausted.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 268)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Inukchuk wrote:Wow. This is a damn fine idea. Also, the mafia wouldn't dare try to fake a claim as a twin this early in the game, thus narrowing the town's search. I like this idea, and I'd like to hear what the rest of you guys think about it. Is there a flaw I'm missing?


it seems like a pretty good idea at first, although i do see one major flaw with it. if the mafia know who the two twins are they can effectively ignore them until the end of the game which gives them a higher probability of picking off the doctor or investigator. it also means that the town will never get a chance to have a vigilante on their side which can be pretty important later in the game. while it is tempting to narrow down the possible mafia suspects, i think it'd be better for the twins to hold out until there's a chance that one of them is going to be lynched by the town and then reveal themselves to prevent that from happening.

thoughts?
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 426)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Mafia 2011, Session 2

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:hey all
Got my PM. Now I'm off to bed. Long day and I'm exhausted.


exhausted from faking urban's suicide perhaps?

SUSPICIOUS.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 426)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact