mafia- day 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

mafia- day 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

mafia- day 4

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:40 pm

The town wakes up and blah blah blah the mafia killed coug (investigator) and the vigilante was like eff these noobs I'm taking care of things and killed lastings (mafia).

I believe there are 4 people left, 3 votes needed for a lynch.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: mafia- day 4

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:48 pm

nice job, lambskin. way to point out the investigator and get him killed before he was able to share info.

on the bright side, our vigilante is an absolute soldier.

and Dude, gonna need an explanation from you on the quick kill vote for sluggers (townie) asap.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Despite Dan's hijinks, I'm still convinced he's clean. urban moves up the list by default but as he said, dude has some explaining to do.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

I'm also about to head into work, so please don't make any assumptions because of my lack of posting this afternoon. I'll be home sometime shortly after midnight EST
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby thedude » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:08 pm

Again. I told you it was obvious Cougs was the investigator. He made it too obvious:

* He said, on day two: I am certain Chuck is mafia. There was not enough yet at that point 100% that Cougs was mafia, so he clearly happened to investigate chuck day 1. He also did base his vote for chuck on one of his overly complex theories.

* Then Cougs said right before day 2 ended, "I believe thedude is mafia too, because he refuses to change his vote from lastings to chuck."

* Day 3 starts: Immediately, he declares that he is certain I am a townie. Again no annoying theory he just is convinced of my innocence for little reasoning.

* What changed? Certainly nothing I did. My refusal to not change from lastings to chuck should have convinced him that I was mafia. Except that he was the investigator and investigated me discovering that I was not mafia.

* Since Cougs was certain I was not mafia, and he was the investigator (and thus he clearly investigated me) that should be enough for you to know that I am not mafia.

If that is not enough to convince you of my innocence, then you should look at the fact that I was the biggest accuser of lastings (a proven mafiaso):

* I was the third vote on lastings when, if i was mafia, would have simply piled onto another player (many people had votes at the time i voted for).

* I also was so convinced that Lastings was mafia that i refused to change my vote to chuck when it would have been easy to do so.

* I suggested that Mookie was killed because he called out lastings, on day 2, at a time when everyone else was baffled by mookie's death.

My vote for sluggers is no evidence at all. It was not quick, it came after pages and pages of stupidity by other players that i read through. I would have voted for lastings, but every other player was quick to dismiss him, so there was no chance of support there. Notice that since lastings did not vote for sluggers at least three townies did so? The fact I was one of three (or four townies) that voted for sluggers means that my vote for him is very weak evidence of any mafia connection.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thedude » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:17 pm

The fact that neither Aqua nor Urban voted for Chuck or Lastings makes me suspicious of both of you. As does the fact that Urban claimed he could not figure out that Cougs was the investigator. Either he is terrible at mafia, wasn't paying attention, or he is a mafia.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:18 pm

i was hoping aqua would pop in here for one of his trademark hit and run posts.

message from the grave:
stlsluggers wrote:
alright, boys and girls. i'm gonna be gone for quite a few hours again.
i should be able to check in later tonight, but i'm presuming i won't be around tomorrow. in the odd event that i am, i'll pretty much be mia until late tomorrow night.

remember, vote for aqua after i die
hopefully, you'll only be a day late and nothing more ;-D

go back and look at the thread, i agreed with stl's logic then and i agree with it now.

vote: aqua
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thedude » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:23 pm

I have to step out for a couple of hours. I will try to pick this up in the evening. I the meanwhile, I am interested in hearing Dan's theory.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:12 pm

i'd like to hear from the vigilante on his reasons for killing Lastings
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'd like to hear from the vigilante on his reasons for killing Lastings

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to General Talk