Best In-Draft Software? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best In-Draft Software?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best In-Draft Software?

Postby skjelstrom » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Is there anything free that lets me put in a player or entire team and get there point value based on league settings? I don't want to pay anything for just that one feature. And I don't want all the other stuff that comes with these fancy "draft-kits". I just want to be able to compare players or teams actual value based on my leagues specific settings. Anyone know of anything like that?
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PGEMF » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:56 pm

[quote="skjelstrom"]Is there anything free that lets me put in a player or entire team and get there point value based on league settings? I don't want to pay anything for just that one feature. And I don't want all the other stuff that comes with these fancy "draft-kits". I just want to be able to compare players or teams actual value based on my leagues specific settings. Anyone know of anything like that?[/quote]

I've seen websites that allow you to enter your league parameters and spit out values that way, and that is a nice baseline, but if you have keepers you are left to figure out inflation/deflation on your own, and the auction is also fluid, if a player goes for $5 above or under their value, the $$ has to be reallocated somewhere, and software packages help you figure it out. Well worth the money, especially if you play in multiple leagues.
PGEMF
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Coppernob » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 am

People might be interested in seeing the 2010 results for a number of forcasters:

http://tangotiger.net/forecast/results2010.html
Coppernob
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby zebulon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:22 pm

TheTrickster wrote:Don't know if this is the same one you're referring to but the last two years I've used DraftTracker. I think it was created by some forum folk and its awesome. It looks like they're going to be revamping it for this year. And its free! (or at least was last year)

http://drafttracker.weebly.com/index.html

Yes, we are revamping DraftTracker for 2011.

It is available at drafttracker.weebly.com

Some of the new features for this year will include:

1-click drafting: Highlight a player on a list and click the draft button. (No more need to type in names).
Trade draft picks between owners
Real-time injury updates
Personal Queue
Mac Support (for Office 2011)

We will posting the 2011 Beta 2 version in the next few days.
DraftTracker 2010 FREE Download Now Available at: http://drafttracker.weebly.com
zebulon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mhowie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:48 pm

PGEMF wrote:
Much more user friendly and easier to navigate. More accurate projections (use baseball forecasters numbers). They have a free demo, try them out. This will be the 4th year in a row I use them.

Many would argue against the claim that BF's projections are more accurate than Fantistics'.
--Howie
mhowie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers