Mafia 2011- Day 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011- Day 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia 2011- Day 3

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:42 pm

i'm getting ready to leave work in a few. not sure i'll get a chance to check in before i head out to dinner and/or movie with the wife...i'll try though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:51 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Why were you so against urban and for Aqua? Mussing everything up with your lurking and then posting strange misleading things when in here? Why are you never for thedude if you think he's in that group of 3?

misleading? wow, okay. the most misleading thing i've done so far is 'lurking' and then 'posting a strange, misleading' vote for a mafia 'when in here'

i would vote for thedude if i thought it made the most sense, but it makes more sense to vote for aqua
as i've stated a thousand times already, i think we learn the most about the most people by killing aqua
and so far, the best argument i've heard against that is "well, i'm afraid we might be wrong"
but no one's actually stepped up to aqua's defense. you're just afraid for the sake of being afraid

WaCougMBS wrote:I just have to know - do you honestly think the mafia would not vote for their own, at some point on Day 2 killing of Inuk to make sure they didn't have both guys in a pool of 3?

why do you think i started looking at the votes like i did. what i found was something that went against the null hypothesis. that can happen from time to time

WaCougMBS wrote:Tell me how it makes sense to have no mafia votes on a Day 2 mafia lynch victim and if it actually makes sense I'm happy to listen...

i don't think it makes sense. at all. in fact, it flies in the face of what i expected to prove when i set out to make the post i linked to.
i think things didn't go as those guys planned for them to go and they got caught with their pants down
or i think you've been orchestrating it from the beginning
which i don't want to believe, because then i would have to rethink everything, and i don't feel like doing that

WaCougMBS wrote:it looks like it'll stand at 3 votes for you right now anyway...

obvious statement is obvious but thanks for making sure we all know that - again

anywho, i just talked a guy out of voting for the person i want lynched.
my mafia tactics are going great, aren't they?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm getting ready to leave work in a few. not sure i'll get a chance to check in before i head out to dinner and/or movie with the wife...i'll try though

watch it now
this group gangs up on you while you're gone
wait a tick... you were one of those guys who did that
guess we don't have to worry about anyone ganging up on you while you're gone ;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby thedude » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:also a question for Dude, did you think the investigator was someone other than Cougs?

No i thought it was obvious at the start of day 3. He said the next people at the top of his list were Mookie and I. Mookie died, so that should mean that I would be the person he was coming after day 3. But for no real reason to start day 3, he changed his mind and became certain I was a townie. The most obvious answer is that he is the investigator. I wasn't going to reveal this but since Cougs decided to start accusing Dan, who then decided to reveal what he had deduced.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm

thedude wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:also a question for Dude, did you think the investigator was someone other than Cougs?

No i thought it was obvious at the start of day 3. He said the next people at the top of his list were Mookie and I. Mookie died, so that should mean that I would be the person he was coming after day 3. But for no real reason to start day 3, he changed his mind and became certain I was a townie. The most obvious answer is that he is the investigator. I wasn't going to reveal this but since Cougs decided to start accusing Dan, who then decided to reveal what he had deduced.

can anyone translate what the hell the dude just wrote? seriously dude, how stoned are you right now? you were sitting there pressing cougs about mafia while dan had already made his investigator revelation.
you both agree investigator's identity was obvious
you start accusing coug of mal intent, mafia.
lambskin reveals he thinks coug is the investigator
two rodeo clowns reveal that in fact, their agreement could not have been more of a disagreement.

tell me that's not exactly what happened, i dare you.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 pm

alright, boys and girls. i'm gonna be gone for quite a few hours again.
i should be able to check in later tonight, but i'm presuming i won't be around tomorrow. in the odd event that i am, i'll pretty much be mia until late tomorrow night.

remember, vote for aqua after i die
hopefully, you'll only be a day late and nothing more ;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:08 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
thedude wrote:

can anyone translate what the hell the dude just wrote? seriously dude, how stoned are you right now? you were sitting there pressing cougs about mafia while dan had already made his investigator revelation.
two rodeo clowns reveal that in fact, their agreement could not have been more of a disagreement.

No. I did not accuse him of being mafia. How stupid are you?

I simply said that Dan was doing exactly what Cougs was doing. Since Cougs was not mafia, why should someone taking the exact same actions be mafia?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Might as well get this over with.

Vote: sluggers
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby thedude » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:11 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
thedude wrote:

And why are you so angry? You need to calm down. Stop the ad hominem attacks.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:13 pm

thedude wrote:Might as well get this over with.

Vote: sluggers

StlSluggers wrote:this group gangs up on you while you're gone

wow, you didn't even wait that long! 8-o

now bold that crap so that it's official
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk