Mafia 2011- Day 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011- Day 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia 2011- Day 3

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Weird that you've said nothing as sluggers is getting nailed to the cross - he really hasn't either

care to elaborate on what you mean by including me in this?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:05 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Weird that you've said nothing as sluggers is getting nailed to the cross - he really hasn't either

care to elaborate on what you mean by including me in this?

Given my vote and the current landscape of overall votes, I obviously believe you to be mafia. I think urban or Dan are your most likely partners and you are getting no support from either - I was specifically referencing urban at that time.

Care to elaborate on why you're not responding to my question about a lack of self defense, etc.?

When is a mafioso going to swoop in an finish this with a mafia vote? Or is Dan that vote? Just get this day over with for God's sake...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:07 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:man, i just read 5 pages of bickering wholly expecting to find an answer to this
but, alas... dan doesn't seem keen on explaining why he won't back lynching a guy he believes if mafia
in fact, i can't get anyone to explain where my logic is wrong
but here i am on the block

i said it was because you and urban were so adamant about my lynching him that it made me doubt his guilt

let's play this back again:

dan: "sluggers, i think aqua might be mafia"
sluggers: "great! me, too. let's kill him."
urban: "yeah, i agree, too. off with his head!"
dan: "wait... you agree with me? now i'm not so sure."

it was more like
Dan: i think Aqua is mafia...vote aqua
Urban (next post): me too...along with myself...vote aqua
Cougs: that's odd...vote urban
Dan: that is odd...unvote aqua, vote urban
Sluggers: i'm gonna drop the 3rd vote on aqua again...
Sluggers: huh...Dan retracted his vote? Dan i really think you should put your vote back on Aqua
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:09 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
urbanbreez wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:man, i just read 5 pages of bickering wholly expecting to find an answer to this
but, alas... dan doesn't seem keen on explaining why he won't back lynching a guy he believes if mafia
in fact, i can't get anyone to explain where my logic is wrong
but here i am on the block

on the bright side, if you die and are a townie, we know one of coug and lambskin are mafia. probably both. they've been inseparable. yeah, the bicker and go back and forth, but the vote record for this round will be duley effin noted as they've have been like carbon copy. one votes, the other votes. one unvotes, the other waits 10 minutes and unvotes. it's all right there for all of us to see. in fact, i can think of no two other players in the game more linked that coug and dan.

so you think coug had an elaborate plan in place to kill inuk from the very beginning?
also, doesn't this revelation on your part mean you should unvote aqua lest someone jump on and finish him off?

based on your sway vote for inuk, i think you are a townie. if you are mafia, that was a risky damn plan to vote off inuk that early in the game just to clear your name when you weren't on the block at that point anyway. there were a million plans better than that. as you aren't an idiot, i assume you wouldn't have done that.

which brings me to dan.
since the investigator hasn't spoke up, we can assume that his investigating has not produced a mafia member. if the investigator had found out info on mafia, he'd realize the town gains a massive stratgic advance by him outing the mafia member for public lynching. we lose the investigator at night but kill another mafia and still retain the vigilante along with a huge numbers advantage. that's a win. investigator has not found mafia, so he chooses to remain silent, as he should. yet dan is running around pointing out the identity of what he claims is "obvious" information about our dear investigator. everyone is like wtf that wasn't apparent to anyone and HOW DOES THAT BENEFIT THE TOWN? answer: it doesn't. it could only benefit mafia.

unvote aqua
vote lambskin
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:21 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:[Care to elaborate on why you're not responding to my question about a lack of self defense, etc.?

i don't get why people think that someone needs to post a "please, please, i have children" defense in a game. look, if you kill me, you kill a townie of no consequence. so do it. i argued earlier that we learn stuff about killing someone even if that person is a townie. have at it. hopefully, there's no bad luck tonight that costs you another (or even two more) townies and you still have time to use what you learned by my death.

but do me a favor before you kill me: you, of all people, look the best in the logic i laid out earlier. tell me what's wrong with what i laid out here
you stated earlier that you think that one of the mafia had to have voted for inuk, but i argue that may not be the case.
you were the first vote, and i don't think you'll tell us that you're mafia
i was the second vote, and let's face it, i voted way early. so you need to come out and say "look, the mafia had no problem going down 2-5", which i think is crazy talk. but whatever
dan, the third vote... he really started the ball rolling on inuk. so again, you need to come out and say "look, the mafia had no problem going down 2-5"
that leaves lastings and mookie. mookie's dead and lastings had votes against him by a known mafioso. so again, you need to come out and say "look, the mafia had no problem going down 2-5"

do you really believe the mafia wanted to be in a place to vote and put themselves down 2-5 on purpose with the possibility that they could kill a twin that night?
if you can't say that with confidence, then you're left with dude, urban, and aqua

pick two
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Everyone has between 1-4 votes now except for lastings and thedude - reluctance is strange, and needless at this point. Come in, state a case and vote on something already, will you?
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:28 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:[Care to elaborate on why you're not responding to my question about a lack of self defense, etc.?

i don't get why people think that someone needs to post a "please, please, i have children" defense in a game. look, if you kill me, you kill a townie of no consequence. so do it. i argued earlier that we learn stuff about killing someone even if that person is a townie. have at it. hopefully, there's no bad luck tonight that costs you another (or even two more) townies and you still have time to use what you learned by my death.

but do me a favor before you kill me: you, of all people, look the best in the logic i laid out earlier. tell me what's wrong with what i laid out here
you stated earlier that you think that one of the mafia had to have voted for inuk, but i argue that may not be the case.
you were the first vote, and i don't think you'll tell us that you're mafia
i was the second vote, and let's face it, i voted way early. so you need to come out and say "look, the mafia had no problem going down 2-5", which i think is crazy talk. but whatever
dan, the third vote... he really started the ball rolling on inuk. so again, you need to come out and say "look, the mafia had no problem going down 2-5"
that leaves lastings and mookie. mookie's dead and lastings had votes against him by a known mafioso. so again, you need to come out and say "look, the mafia had no problem going down 2-5"

do you really believe the mafia wanted to be in a place to vote and put themselves down 2-5 on purpose with the possibility that they could kill a twin that night?
if you can't say that with confidence, then you're left with dude, urban, and aqua

pick two

Why were you so against urban and for Aqua? Mussing everything up with your lurking and then posting strange misleading things when in here? Why are you never for thedude if you think he's in that group of 3?

I just have to know - do you honestly think the mafia would not vote for their own, at some point on Day 2 killing of Inuk to make sure they didn't have both guys in a pool of 3? Just seems to obvious to me and in line with my theory about the mafia votes, I have to believe that one of you, Dan and lastings is bad (at least) and either one or zero of urban, Aqua and thedude is. Tell me how it makes sense to have no mafia votes on a Day 2 mafia lynch victim and if it actually makes sense I'm happy to listen...

In the meantime, since urban won't vote for you and the others are either too big of wusses or have something to hide, it looks like it'll stand at 3 votes for you right now anyway...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby thedude » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:32 pm

urbanbreez wrote:lol these jackasses weren't even in agreement on who the investigator was but were in confident that it should be obvious to the rest of us. lol you morons! guess it wasn't so damn obvious after all since you two can't even agree on it?

No. I was pointing out that Cougs logic was stupid, because the same reasons for suspecting Dan are the same reasons I would i use to suspect him if he were not mafia. The fact that you could not see what I was doing, implies more about your intelligence than mine.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thedude » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Where'd thedude go?

A meeting.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:34 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Everyone has between 1-4 votes now except for lastings and thedude - reluctance is strange, and needless at this point. Come in, state a case and vote on something already, will you?

Give me something to say! give me a reason. I don't know. i asked for someone to lay it out simply while I was gone and it only got more muddled.

I don't want to kill sluggo if i don't believe it for sure. and right now, I have mixed feelings for him. meanwhile urban switched his vote from aqua to lambskin. meaning to me that people that thought it was aqua are now less confident. Dan is by far the most unsettling, but at the same time, so off his rocker that I can't even get a feel for his intent. and he only has the one vote for him.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk