Mafia 2011- Day 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011- Day 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia 2011- Day 3

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:54 pm

A sound of unfathomable sadness echoes throughout the town, waking it on the morning of day 3. Mookie had been found by his twin face down in a puddle of his own blood. His twin vowed from that point on that he would do anything necessary to get revenge on the mafia scum. From that point forward, he became a vigilante for justice.

Four votes needed for a lynching.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia 2011- Day 3

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Well, that throws a wrench into things. Mookie's general abrasiveness confuses many and gets me to start thinking he could be bad when that's obviously not the case now - being too chatty and combative made him a pretty good mob target just because of how he was all over the place and ready to fight with anyone.

Nailing Inuk was of twofold goodness though as my theory bore itself out to near perfection and I was able to assert my allegiance to the town as I was on his case from the beginning of the day and led the crusade against him - the only downside is that upon further review of the topics when I was bored last night, I don't really see much of a correlation between him and anyone the more I think of it. I think I let thedude's ramblings got into my head too much because he just kind of glomed onto Inuk and Inuk went with it cause he was mafioso. I'll post some more thoughts in a bit after I research a few theories...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:also just trying to apply some logic here based on voting

------------------------------------
Inukchuk- 3 - Stl, Cougs and Dan
Lastings- 3 - Mookie, Inuk and Dude
Mookie- 1 - Aqua
Sluggers - 1 - urban
-----------------------------------

if Chuck is Mafia...Sluggers, Cougs, Lastings and myself are likely not (although Mafia have been known to vote for their own as a tactic)...that would mean 2 of Mookie, Dude, Aqua and Urban are also mafia...out of that group Aqua is the only one with a vote on who is likely a townie

so based on that logic my rankings for potential mafia are

Chuck
Mookie/Dude (i doubt it's both of them though)
Urban
Aqua

so Chuck was Mafia and Mookie got whacked. assuming Sluggers and/or Cougs didn't conjure up some elaborate scheme to sacrifice Chuck, i'm assuming they're clean as well. i'd also assume Lastings is clean since Chuck was voting for him (but that could have been a ploy as well)

that would mean out of Urban, Aqua and Dude, 2 of them are Mafia

thedude wrote: I just hope we are not killing the investigator or a twin...

i'm not sure how sincere this is but i'd definitely take my chances that Urban or Aqua is mafia before The Dude

i'd list Urban as my top suspect since he was pretty quiet in Day 2 once the heat was on him...i'd like to hear what everyone else has to say before casting a vote though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:03 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:so Chuck was Mafia and Mookie got whacked. assuming Sluggers and/or Cougs didn't conjure up some elaborate scheme to sacrifice Chuck, i'm assuming they're clean as well. i'd also assume Lastings is clean since Chuck was voting for him (but that could have been a ploy as well)

that would mean out of Urban, Aqua and Dude, 2 of them are Mafia

thedude wrote: I just hope we are not killing the investigator or a twin...

i'm not sure how sincere this is but i'd definitely take my chances that Urban or Aqua is mafia before The Dude

i'd list Urban as my top suspect since he was pretty quiet in Day 2 once the heat was on him...i'd like to hear what everyone else has to say before casting a vote though

I'd agree with your logic in principle here, though I have to say Aqua is probably at the top of my preliminary list for Day 3 because of his inactivity and screwy posts/votes when he's around. Urban has my hackles raised and I also agree about thedude most likely not being mafioso as well. As for lastings (and you for that matter), I'm completely undecided, but I have a feeling as to which way I lean at least...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:13 pm

The jurors (in order):

coug (didn't cast a kill vote on day one)
sluggers (didn't vote on day one)
dan (unvoted mookie to do it, second vote on day one)
lastings (inuk voted to lynch him, dude followed suit not long after; fourth vote on day one as well)
mookie (may he rest in peace and keep his mouth shut like a good, dead person)

not listed:

dude (voted for lastings along with known mafioso, inu; first vote on day one)
aqua (voted for mookie, placed 5th vote on day one)
urban (voted for me, complained no one was talking, and then he disappeared)

is that everyone?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:26 pm

StlSluggers wrote:The jurors (in order):

coug (didn't cast a kill vote on day one)
sluggers (didn't vote on day one)
dan (unvoted mookie to do it, second vote on day one)
lastings (inuk voted to lynch him, dude followed suit not long after; fourth vote on day one as well)
mookie (may he rest in peace and keep his mouth shut like a good, dead person)

not listed:

dude (voted for lastings along with known mafioso, inu; first vote on day one)
aqua (voted for mookie, placed 5th vote on day one)
urban (voted for me, complained no one was talking, and then he disappeared)

is that everyone?

Yeah, of course with Mookie being dead - since a townie had to die to a mafia hit at night, he'll just have to do (prolly saved us a wild goose chase today anyway) :-b
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:37 pm

coug - I expressed my thought of his innocence in day 2. *appears* to be proven right.
sluggers - i don't know.
dan - led the charge to take down J. I got nothing from him in day 2.
dude - placed the ever suspicious 2nd vote on J, didn't vote for mafia member inuk. seemed to be directing attention away from inuk.
aqua - i don't know.
urban - i don't know, but expect to see some action from him pretty soon.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'm not sure how sincere this is but i'd definitely take my chances that Urban or Aqua is mafia before The Dude

i agree with the urban/aqua logic. i'm keeping an eye on lastings as a trick, but since inuk only had two votes against him at the time, i'm not too concerned. that setup would have required a lot of planning for him to vote at that point. now the questions are... if aqua was mafia, would he really have killed mook after voting to kill him on the same day? or, from the other perspective, would the mafia have gone so far as to deliberately set up drawing attention to aqua with the mookie kill?

:-?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Take these post counts from Day 2 for what they're worth - just public records (90% confidence interval in my counts)...

Day 2 counts only:
urban - 2
aqua - 2
Inuk - 6 (dead, mafia)
sluggers - 7
Dan - 8
Cougs - 11
lastings - 14
Mookie - 14 (dead, twin)
dude - 15
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:50 pm

That covers a period of approximately 54 hours by the way...
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Next

Return to General Talk