Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:31 pm

also just trying to apply some logic here based on voting

------------------------------------
Inukchuk- 3 - Stl, Cougs and Dan
Lastings- 3 - Mookie, Inuk and Dude
Mookie- 1 - Aqua
Sluggers - 1 - urban
-----------------------------------

if Chuck is Mafia...Sluggers, Cougs, Lastings and myself are likely not (although Mafia have been known to vote for their own as a tactic)...that would mean 2 of Mookie, Dude, Aqua and Urban are also mafia...out of that group Aqua is the only one with a vote on who is likely a townie

so based on that logic my rankings for potential mafia are

Chuck
Mookie/Dude (i doubt it's both of them though)
Urban
Aqua
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia 2011- Day 2

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:
coincedence that the two people that I have had suspicions about ride Mookie's coat tails to a vote aginst me? If thats not indicitive, I don't know what is.

yeah, I don't like the look of that. Seems very suspicious.

The fact is though that mafia, even those not too familiar with the game, will never have any interaction together, especially early in a game. Mafia are actually more likely to vote for each other early in a game to deflect. Which makes Inuk even more suspicious.

Seems to be between lastings and Inuk. I will stick with lastings for now.

Why the continued hard time against lastings Mookie? I see why you voted for him at first, and I see what you even saw to keep roasting him for a while, but now that it's 3 votes to 3 and crunch time (and coming from someone who likes to move the game along on a whim), why not achieve all of those by moving to the other side?

If lastings dies and is a townie it will certainly not look good for you to have not dropped it after initially instigating him, etc. Really not trying to get into a yeller-screamer on this one, just interested in the reasoning for going at him so hard when you seem to have almost a swing vote at this point?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:34 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:coincedence that the two people that I have had suspicions about ride Mookie's coat tails to a vote aginst me? If thats not indicitive, I don't know what is.

Let's get a fourth vote on Inuk at this point and then see who finishes him off from there? His death would be quite telling indeed as far as alliances and whatnot and I don't think roasting thedude or definitely Mookie at this point will have as much traction as they have been between quite suspicious and dopey (dude) and typically abrasive and combative but not much else to go on at this point (Mookie).

Sounds like you want to join in but have unspoken reservations and don't want to pull the trigger. Would you care to do so before you dangle from the rooftops? If you are a townie I'd think saving your skin is more important than going on your gut's limited information on dude; just sayin'...

It it true.. my main suspicion lies with Dude, but I've had my issues with Inuk. it's enough for me.

Vote: Inukchuck
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:
coincedence that the two people that I have had suspicions about ride Mookie's coat tails to a vote aginst me? If thats not indicitive, I don't know what is.

yeah, I don't like the look of that. Seems very suspicious.

The fact is though that mafia, even those not too familiar with the game, will never have any interaction together, especially early in a game. Mafia are actually more likely to vote for each other early in a game to deflect. Which makes Inuk even more suspicious.

Seems to be between lastings and Inuk. I will stick with lastings for now.

Why the continued hard time against lastings Mookie? I see why you voted for him at first, and I see what you even saw to keep roasting him for a while, but now that it's 3 votes to 3 and crunch time (and coming from someone who likes to move the game along on a whim), why not achieve all of those by moving to the other side?

If lastings dies and is a townie it will certainly not look good for you to have not dropped it after initially instigating him, etc. Really not trying to get into a yeller-screamer on this one, just interested in the reasoning for going at him so hard when you seem to have almost a swing vote at this point?

Continued hard time?

We have to vote someone off and imo of everyone left lastings has acted the more like mafia than anyone else.

Of course it will look bad for me if lastings dies and turns out to be a townie. Just like I voted for a townie on day 1 and just like it will look bad for you if inuk gets lynched and turns out to be a townie.

Inuk quickly jumping on lastings smells horrible. I'm of the opinion now that one of them is mafia and the other is an incredibly stupid townie.

The third suspicious person for me is Sluggers. The guy is just popping in and literally saying hey and leaving. I get a feeling that he either doesn't want to play or is a mafia laughing at us for totally ignoring his lack of participation.

I'm pretty neutral about thedude.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:47 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:coincedence that the two people that I have had suspicions about ride Mookie's coat tails to a vote aginst me? If thats not indicitive, I don't know what is.

Let's get a fourth vote on Inuk at this point and then see who finishes him off from there? His death would be quite telling indeed as far as alliances and whatnot and I don't think roasting thedude or definitely Mookie at this point will have as much traction as they have been between quite suspicious and dopey (dude) and typically abrasive and combative but not much else to go on at this point (Mookie).

Sounds like you want to join in but have unspoken reservations and don't want to pull the trigger. Would you care to do so before you dangle from the rooftops? If you are a townie I'd think saving your skin is more important than going on your gut's limited information on dude; just sayin'...

It it true.. my main suspicion lies with Dude, but I've had my issues with Inuk. it's enough for me.

You've had issues with Inuk?
Pray share.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:there's something in here that makes me strongly suspect Inukchuck.

Well, that's helpful.

Dan Lambskin wrote:maybe i'm misinterpreting a statement

That's never happened before... :-C

Dan Lambskin wrote:if i'm wrong and Chuck is a townie then i know Cougs is mafia..

Honestly, I disagree. We've been going back and forth for 2 days. If he's mafia, then he knows he's roasted if I got lynched. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind that play. I'm gonna stick to my original theory that he's just a clueless townie.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:05 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:You've had issues with Inuk?
Pray share.

This. Revenge vote if I've ever seen one.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:

You've had issues with Inuk?
Pray share.

I agreed with WaCoug's logic. It seemed to make sense. It didn't seem right that he immediately piled on me to deflect once he got his second vote. He seems to be on the same page as Dude, who I am most suspicious of.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby thedude » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:also just trying to apply some logic here based on voting

------------------------------------
Inukchuk- 3 - Stl, Cougs and Dan
Lastings- 3 - Mookie, Inuk and Dude
Mookie- 1 - Aqua
Sluggers - 1 - urban
-----------------------------------

if Chuck is Mafia...Sluggers, Cougs, Lastings and myself are likely not (although Mafia have been known to vote for their own as a tactic)...that would mean 2 of Mookie, Dude, Aqua and Urban are also mafia...out of that group Aqua is the only one with a vote on who is likely a townie

so based on that logic my rankings for potential mafia are

Chuck
Mookie/Dude (i doubt it's both of them though)
Urban
Aqua

But that is based on the assumption that either Chuck or Lastings is mafia. It is possible that neither are mafia and three of the remaining players are mafia. For instance Mookie could be mafia, you could be mafia, and Aqua could be mafia. Or Urban, Aqua, and WaCougs could be mafia.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thedude » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:He seems to be on the same page as Dude, who I am most suspicious of.

Why? Because I called you out day 1?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk