Mafia 2011- Night 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia 2011- Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia 2011- Night 2

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:26 pm

As dawn breaks on the second morning of the manhunt, the town arises to find their doctor, the BigLebowski, face down in the street with a scalpel in his back.

*Hopefully today is a little more interesting.*
Last edited by GiantsFan14 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia 2011- Day 2

Postby thedude » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:32 pm

OK. That was a rough boring first day.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thedude » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:02 pm

StlSluggers wrote:What just happened? :-S

:-?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:05 pm

StlSluggers wrote:what the...??? stop stickying crap. you confuse the mess out of me
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby thedude » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:05 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:what the...??? stop stickying crap. you confuse the mess out of me

:-b
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Queue the "woe is me all is lost for the town posturing" - without a lucky pile-on to a mafia member on Day one or the presence of the ISK, this is pretty much the way I always see Day 1 going. Hopefully we got enough information in Day 1 to at least make this day more interesting/informative if nothing else.

I wasn't around much this weekend and certainly did my fair share of lurking/being bored to death in the first couple of days of the game before I had a busy weekend as well, but I don't really buy into the crucifixion of those who are quiet on Day 1. I am almost more likely to worry about those who say a lot on Day 1 and then lurk it up and throw around the occasional cheap shot thereafter.

Quick post #s breakdown: Actually kind of hard to point out a true lurker in the first round as it seemed from the surface that only Mookie and urban - to a certain extent - were willing to get in there and mix it up. Eight of the 11 people playing had between 4 (lastings was the lowest) and 8 posts. thedude topped the list with 17 with Mookie having 12 and Dan coming in at 10 - so basically my point in that regard is that I don't buy into posting numbers/involvement as any sort of stand-alone factor at this point, and call it what you may since I was in the "bottom 1/3" in a small sample size, but just putting that out there.

At this point, I really don't have a feeling about most people - Mookie is talking a lot and urban and thedude are throwing out a bunch of nonsense and a couple of accusations along the way, but mostly seem like they are bored/feeling things out whichever side they the may end up on. Everyone else other than the two I'm about to mention below hasn't really given me a read at this point, so I'll keep my competely unsubstantiated thoughts to myself at this point...

I have to initial feelings of people who are Nos. 1 and 2 on my list, and for different reasons for sure.

1. Inukchuk - made only a handful of posts and basically mixed in about 4-5 nonsense posts/fighting with the "voice of God" and a few posts where it seemed like he wanted to make sure the lurkers were known, but also lumped himself into the "group" so as to not stand out or seem too accusatory.

Inukchuk wrote:I've never been a fan of accusing someone for just not being around. We all have outside lives and accusing someone because of that is backward reasoning, imo. If you got cast as mafia, don't you think you'd be more inclined to be around to see how things are shaking down? I've been mafia in the past and it is far more exciting than being a normal townie.

Seems like laying the groundwork for being a lurker mafioso if I have ever heard one. Put this together with the fact that he picked on Aqua and I - though not outwardly himself, J35J (who he voted for and who was lynched as a townie) or StlSluggers (not to mention all the others with a similar level of involvement) seems like he's setting up a patsy for making himself the innocent lurking bored townie and for someone else (most likely someone he has continually pointed out after his nonsense/rants) to be the mafioso I believe him to be at this point...Wouldn't be surprised if he tried to turn the heat up on Aqua for lurking and then chipping in Vote #5 for J, a now-dead known townie, but I am always more worried about those middle votes of Nos. 2-4 when it comes to sniffing out the sneakier of the mafioso.

Which leads me to:
  2. thedude - much more lukewarm about him right now, but the fact that I have a strong feeling for Inukchuk and he's been playing the chatty Cathy mafia member bit quite nicely make me suspicious. Almost 20 % of the posts made (not that big of a deal on the surface), put together with the fact that he said very little in the process AND quietly casted the second vote for J35J to get the ball rolling (which was then followed by Inuk and a couple of the other "lurkers") gives me cause for pause. Also was in agreement with one of the few serious posts made by Inuk...like I said before, not that strong at this point, but just sayin'...
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:50 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Mookie is talking a lot and urban and thedude are throwing out a bunch of nonsense and a couple of accusations along the way, but mostly seem like they are bored/feeling things out whichever side they the may end up on.

Seeing as how Day 1 is always a boring crapshoot my goal is always to just survive but to also be whacky enough to be investigated. It's 6-3 in favour of the townies right now but the investigator likely knows the identity of another townie. So for the investigator, he knows 2 townies (likely) and doesn't know the identity of 7 people - 3 of them are mafia - so it's close to 50/50 for the investigator to pick a mafia. For the rest of the townies it's 3 out of 8 to pick a mafia.

Not terrible. What really sucked was losing the doctor.

Hey GF - do you tell us if one of the dead was a twin or do we not know if we also have an ISK or vigilante as well?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:07 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:an epic post.

welcome to the game. ;-D

my thoughts..

On Lebowski dying - I did get much from that, did anyone? he didn't really accuse anyone and didn't really say anything substantial.. except basically begging for his life. kind of a ruthless killing in that regard. so, I guess this leads me to try figure out which members of this group are cold-hearted. unfortunately, mwier isn't playing.. futher than that, I've gotta think about it.. and maybe go through some old political threads.. :-b

On talks from day 1 - All of the lurkers, obviously, are still a mystery to me. didn't get much out of Coug, Aqua, and Sluggo. but then Coug comes hot out of the gates with accusations on day 2. I don't know how much I agree or disagree with his accusations, but it does lead me to believe in his innocence. what kind of mafia member right after his first kill comes out with an epic accusatory post without even waiting to see how anyone reacts to the killing?

I still really have my eye on the accusatory/reactionary battle between dude and mook. something is fishey between them, I'm just not sure yet which one of them stinks the most..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:10 pm

edit to previous post without using the illegal edit button.

On Lebowski dying - I didn't get...
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:12 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:On talks from day 1 - All of the lurkers, obviously, are still a mystery to me. didn't get much out of Coug, Aqua, and Sluggo. but then Coug comes hot out of the gates with accusations on day 2. I don't know how much I agree or disagree with his accusations, but it does lead me to believe in his innocence. what kind of mafia member right after his first kill comes out with an epic accusatory post without even waiting to see how anyone reacts to the killing?

lol - this from the king of the lurkers.
The guy with the fewest posts comes out to cast suspicion on people who have not posted. And then in the next paragraph to question the people who have posted the most. In the same post he gives big ups to a fellow lurker who makes his first post of more than two words.

That smacked of a n00b mafia post with WarCougar facepalming himself telepathically trying to tell you to stfu.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Next

Return to General Talk