2011 CLOSERS THREAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby dAnzac » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Havok1517 wrote:OAKLAND ATHLETICS – A. Bailey RHP :-°, R. Harden RHP, J. Devine RHP, F. De Los Santos RHP B-)


This is how I would have the pecking order right now:

1. Bailey, 2. Wuertz, 3. Balfour

The plan (as of today) is for Harden to be stretched out as a starter, so he can't really be 2nd in line to close.
Devine has to prove his health before he gets any trust from management, I'd even put Ziegler over him at the moment.
Image
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 621
Joined: 4 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Do alligators alligate?

Re: 2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Havok1517 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:52 pm

dAnzac wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:OAKLAND ATHLETICS – A. Bailey RHP :-°, R. Harden RHP, J. Devine RHP, F. De Los Santos RHP B-)


This is how I would have the pecking order right now:

1. Bailey, 2. Wuertz, 3. Balfour

The plan (as of today) is for Harden to be stretched out as a starter, so he can't really be 2nd in line to close.
Devine has to prove his health before he gets any trust from management, I'd even put Ziegler over him at the moment.


The dust hasn't settled yet...

The A's are "close to finalizing deal" with free agent Brian Fuentes, MLB Fan House's Steve Phillips reports.

Athletics assistant general manager David Forst said Rich Harden will be stretched out to start during spring training, but that he might still pitch in relief.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8503
(Past Year: 117)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby dAnzac » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:04 am

Havok1517 wrote:
The A's are "close to finalizing deal" with free agent Brian Fuentes, MLB Fan House's Steve Phillips reports.


Oh no %-6 :-P %-6 :-P

DO NOT WANT
Image
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 621
Joined: 4 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Do alligators alligate?

Re: 2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:46 am

what's up with oakland going after the not-so-cheap relievers?
first balfour and now this? don't they need some bats? :-?
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: 2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:55 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:what's up with oakland going after the not-so-cheap relievers?
first balfour and now this? don't they need some bats? :-?


http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... -pitchers/
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8503
(Past Year: 117)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:what's up with oakland going after the not-so-cheap relievers?
first balfour and now this? don't they need some bats? :-?


http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... -pitchers/


Read the first comment in your article and I think you'll find your answer. He's going to flip them for prospects at the deadline. :-b
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: 2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby ILoveBush » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Havok1517 wrote:Image KANSAS CITY ROYALS – J. Soria RHP ;-D, J. Jeffress RHP, R. Tejada RHP, C. Rosa RHP B-)


Royals should be tweaked. Carlos Rosa is no longer in organization. I'd list next in line as Tejeda and maybe Blake Wood. You could list either Jeffress, Tim Collins, or Aaron Crow as closer of future.
Dave not George W
ILoveBush
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 265
Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:58 pm

for toronto, isn't rauch the better option over dotel?
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: 2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:12 pm

ILoveBush wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Image KANSAS CITY ROYALS – J. Soria RHP ;-D, J. Jeffress RHP, R. Tejada RHP, C. Rosa RHP B-)


Royals should be tweaked. Carlos Rosa is no longer in organization. I'd list next in line as Tejeda and maybe Blake Wood. You could list either Jeffress, Tim Collins, or Aaron Crow as closer of future.


I agree. It needed some teaking. I wouldn't be surprised if Jeffress is the #2 mid-season this year, he's that talented. Also, I put Coleman as the COTF due to Jeffress likely to have a high work load at the beginning of the season. I personally think prospect Mike Montgomery could be forced to relief if he continues to have elbow problems.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8503
(Past Year: 117)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2011 CLOSERS THREAD

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:24 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:for toronto, isn't rauch the better option over dotel?


Last time I heard, Dotel will get the ball in the 9th. Of course, that may change in ST. Stay tuned.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8503
(Past Year: 117)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: datelin3, scarnicease and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Jul. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact