Firefox Extensions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Firefox Extensions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Firefox Extensions

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:00 pm

So I just got a new laptop and installed Firefox, and after installing some of the basic extensions, I was figuring the Cafe is a good community to turn to to get some potentially valuable info. What ones, if any, do you use? Not necessarily like Bwanna's sweet Greasemonkey Scripts for Fantasy Baseball purposes, but for general browsing/ease use for the internet. Something as simple as one I have that auto-loads my Homepage when I open a new tab; stuff like that.

So, what do you use?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Firefox Extensions

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:12 pm

these are what i use currently:

adblock plus
multirow bookmarks toolbar
show Go
tab mix plus
tineye
vacuum places
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby jfg » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Try Chrome out too, I finally switched because they now have all the extensions I need.

Some other ones for Firefox:

Gestures (I think that's what it's called): Mouse gestures to control different things.
Sage: Awesome for RSS pulls up on the side of your browser instead of having to go to a separate page.
Down Them All: Good for getting all mp3 or video links on a page.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:28 am

I have a few for development (Firebug, WebDeveloper, ElasticFox), as well as Greasemonkey. Other than that, I don't use too many Firefox add-ons. I have AdBlock, FlashGot (audio/video link file downloader), and Foxytunes as in-browser control for music players open on my computer (usually Winamp or iTunes). I also have CoolIris, which is a video aggregator with a very pretty user interface, but past all the bells and whistles, I find it to be quite useless.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Phatferd » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:47 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I have a few for development (Firebug, WebDeveloper, ElasticFox), as well as Greasemonkey. Other than that, I don't use too many Firefox add-ons. I have AdBlock, FlashGot (audio/video link file downloader), and Foxytunes as in-browser control for music players open on my computer (usually Winamp or iTunes). I also have CoolIris, which is a video aggregator with a very pretty user interface, but past all the bells and whistles, I find it to be quite useless.

I use Firebug everyday at work, I know not everyone needs it, but it's the most complete add-on for Firefox in my opinion. If you are dealing with "tracking" httpfox is good, better than Fiddler, imo.

You know any good tools to test Omniture?
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:51 am

i reccomend the Silver-Fox
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Phatferd wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:I have a few for development (Firebug, WebDeveloper, ElasticFox), as well as Greasemonkey. Other than that, I don't use too many Firefox add-ons. I have AdBlock, FlashGot (audio/video link file downloader), and Foxytunes as in-browser control for music players open on my computer (usually Winamp or iTunes). I also have CoolIris, which is a video aggregator with a very pretty user interface, but past all the bells and whistles, I find it to be quite useless.

I use Firebug everyday at work, I know not everyone needs it, but it's the most complete add-on for Firefox in my opinion. If you are dealing with "tracking" httpfox is good, better than Fiddler, imo.

I haven't used this, but I've heard WASP (Web Analytics Solution Profiler) is a good one.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby wrveres » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Lets see. I use

No Script
PDF Download
Reminder Fox
Screen grab
Scribefire (for blogging which i never do)
Split Browser (one of my favorites, use it daily)
Tab Mix plus
Table Tools (thanks bwanna)
Ad Block plus
Add to search bar (Search any site easily)
and Greasemonkey of course.
Greaemonkey has tons of great tools too, not just for Yahoo. try their PHBB scripts, and i use a lot of the Google Reader scripts too.

Welcome to the 21st century :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby Phatferd » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:09 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Phatferd wrote:

I haven't used this, but I've heard WASP (Web Analytics Solution Profiler) is a good one.

Yeah, I mentioned that to the powers that be a few weeks back in a meeting. I played with the free version, but it's very stripped so it wasn't a good indicator of the software. If it says what it can, I think it could save me a lot of time. Right now I'm using httpfox for omniture, which works, but it's a tedious task.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:these are what i use currently:
tineye

<3
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Next

Return to General Talk