good site for dynasty league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

good site for dynasty league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

good site for dynasty league?

Postby LARS929 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:58 pm

I am making a new league for next season and want to make it a dynasty league where minor league players are used. I want it to be with an active and inactive roster option. What is a good site for doing this? I usually use ESPN, but it doesn't have this option. Thanks for the help!
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: good site for dynasty league?

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:57 am

CBS is by far the best. year round, salaries and contracts, minor leaguers, customizable cats...anything you want

it cost around $150...but well worth it. ill pay $12 a person to have it...as it rocks
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fast dogs » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 pm

the cbs commish service will be available Jan 24 or 25, you should be able to get it half price year 1 with a referral code. If you choose to renew it every year that will be the only page you'll need for the next decade. not cheap but if you are serious about fantasy baseball it is the way to go
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 303)

Postby Sports Freakazoid » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Hey guys, has anyone ever tried fantrax.com? They haven't been around that long but seem to have everything CBS has and more, including draft pick trading, and they have free commissioner leagues. Their support so far has been pretty impressive too.. they usually answer within an hour or so. Opinions?

Cheers,
The Sports Freakazoid!
Sports Freakazoid
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigmck » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:24 pm

I had a terrible Fantasy Season in 2007 where the site was down a lot and there were doubts about how acurate the stats were. It was a $69 league. Next year we went with CBS for $150 and have never been happier. $150 might sound like a lot, but divided between the members you are talking about $15 each for six months of fun. == Just remember the old saying, "You only get what you pay for".
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby kiddlattimer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:44 am

fast dogs wrote:the cbs commish service will be available Jan 24 or 25, you should be able to get it half price year 1 with a referral code. If you choose to renew it every year that will be the only page you'll need for the next decade. not cheap but if you are serious about fantasy baseball it is the way to go

How does the referral code thing work? I only see the $30 discount available right now but I would LOVE to get it half price for my new league.

If anyone has any of these referral codes let me know... really appreciate it! ;-D
kiddlattimer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby johnchezy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:13 pm

Sports Freakazoid wrote:Hey guys, has anyone ever tried fantrax.com? They haven't been around that long but seem to have everything CBS has and more, including draft pick trading, and they have free commissioner leagues. Their support so far has been pretty impressive too.. they usually answer within an hour or so. Opinions?

In my scorn with CBS, I'm running a test league with FanTrax. If I like it, I may switch over next season but it'll be hard to pull me away despite the features CBS is lacking.
The feature I love the most on FanTrax is their Daily Scoring (they allow for 1 game every day on the schedule rather than --or should I say as an alternative to the Weekly scoring period).

There are A LOT of features on FanTrax, most of which CBS does have though.

FanTrax seems to be easier to use in some ways and more difficult to use in other ways. In some cases, to set a parameter "over here" you have to make sure "this over here" is set right. A little frustrating/confusing. But overall pretty user friendly.
It's also a low budget type site and you can tell. But it has, for the most part, good capabilities.

I had sent in 2 emails to their support team and they got back to me very quickly on both accounts. So that's a plus.
The site is free, so that's a plus too especially if you're looking for a start up league or getting your feet wet with fantasy.
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigmck » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:38 pm

John -- Does Fantrax have a place for salary, contracts for keeper leagues and does it have an FAAB? Anything else you could post would be appreciated. Thanks,
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby johnchezy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Yeah, it does have those things, but Im still getting familiar with the site give any details on that.
I know that it does offer those features though.
johnchezy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JBagKY » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:51 pm

I have to say that I have been fairly impressed with FanTrax as well. I am thinking about asking my league if they want to switch over from Rotowire. I have been playing around with it and it seems to be able to do all that I need it to and as it has been stated, its free.

As for the whole contract thing, I had a problem figuring out how to do contracts the way that our league does them with their site and asked. It was pretty quick, within about 2-3 hours, that I got an answer telling me how to do it.
JBagKY
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner