Greinke to the Brewers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Greinke to the Brewers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Greinke to the Brewers

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 pm

If Fielder is a semblance of his normal self, the Brewers might be contenders next year!!
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kim Bhasin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:53 pm

thejusman1 wrote:If Fielder is a semblance of his normal self, the Brewers might be contenders next year!!

The solution is meat.
Kim Bhasin
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Cafe Ranker

Postby J35J » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 pm

The more I hear and reflect back I don't mind so much the deal we got for Greinke. Greinke would have probably mailed in the year similar to last year if he stayed...he's said on a couple different occasions that he lost interest last year. And now that we hear Greinke turned down offers to go to some east coast teams the actual number of offers we could have accepted was probably very limited and if thats the case I can accept the deal we got. :-°

....is it baseball season yet??? :-)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Postby grammysboy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:04 pm

[quote="J35J"]The more I hear and reflect back I don't mind so much the deal we got for Greinke. Greinke would have probably mailed in the year similar to last year if he stayed...he's said on a couple different occasions that he lost interest last year. And now that we hear Greinke turned down offers to go to some east coast teams the actual number of offers we could have accepted was probably very limited and if thats the case I can accept the deal we got. :-°

Word from most of the KC media people is the Royals needed to get Zach out of the clubhouse before they start bringing up the wave of youngsters who are waiting in the wings to take center stage. Even Billy Butler wasn't disappointed with the trade. I'm hopful again for the boys in blue, but 20 years of non-competitive play have about turned me away. But I'll give this a chance before I give up on them in the next two years.
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby rotoquest » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:34 am

Greinke's signing has in deed had some fantasy impact already. His ADP has risen drastically on several mock draft websites. One had him at 115 prior to the signing, and for the current week he is listed at 49. Another website had him at 85 and now he is listed at 55. There goes a great value pick.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 254)

Postby Fenway Punk » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:07 pm

rotoquest wrote:Greinke's signing has in deed had some fantasy impact already. His ADP has risen drastically on several mock draft websites. One had him at 115 prior to the signing, and for the current week he is listed at 49. Another website had him at 85 and now he is listed at 55. There goes a great value pick.

Being able to obtain Zach in the 5-6 round to me is a great value. We've seen what he can do when he wants to. In that division, and with run support... well, let's just be glad it won't cost a round 3 pick like it did last year.
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Inukchuk » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:Being able to obtain Zach in the 5-6 round to me is a great value. We've seen what he can do when he wants to. In that division, and with run support... well, let's just be glad it won't cost a round 3 pick like it did last year.

Eh, I wouldn't exactly say it's great value. It's not exactly a given that he returns to his 09 ways. From an FIP/xFIP standpoint, his numbers last year were quite similar to 08. This would indicate to me that perhaps last year could have been a bit of an outlier.

Whether or not that is the case remains to be seen, but I feel like there's a bit too much risk to take him as high as the 4th or 5th in a 12 teamer. To me, there are 10 or so pitchers I'd take before Greinke that would seem to be safer picks...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby rotoquest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
Fenway Punk wrote:Being able to obtain Zach in the 5-6 round to me is a great value. We've seen what he can do when he wants to. In that division, and with run support... well, let's just be glad it won't cost a round 3 pick like it did last year.

Eh, I wouldn't exactly say it's great value. It's not exactly a given that he returns to his 09 ways. From an FIP/xFIP standpoint, his numbers last year were quite similar to 08. This would indicate to me that perhaps last year could have been a bit of an outlier.

Whether or not that is the case remains to be seen, but I feel like there's a bit too much risk to take him as high as the 4th or 5th in a 12 teamer. To me, there are 10 or so pitchers I'd take before Greinke that would seem to be safer picks...

Very well put. My sentiments exactly. ;-D
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 254)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers