Deep Sim League has Openings, just like MLB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Deep Sim League has Openings, just like MLB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Deep Sim League has Openings, just like MLB

Postby travolta19 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I've had some success finding fantasy owners for money leagues here in the past. However, the best league I've ever been a part of is now recruiting some new members. We are recruiting because we generally have a 2-3 owner turnover each year (which is actually pretty respectable in a 30 team league). Let me give you some basics:

League name is Baseball Nation Simulation League (BNSL), and it's very well run by a commissioner and 6 man Executive Committee. It is a 30 team sim league, run similarly to the real life Major Leagues. Each team has 80 man rosters, subdivided into 25 man active rosters, 40 man rosters, and reserve/minor league prospects. There is a nominal yearly fee (approx $10/yr) to cover the cost of the forums and software. We have pretty much everything MLB has, which includes the Rule 5 draft (currently happening), Free Agency, 8 Round Rule 4 Draft (Amateur Draft), Winter Meetings, etc.

The process of becoming a GM includes a waiting list and usually being an Assistant GM first, depending on experience. We are looking for serious owners only, and you really should have knowledge of prospects past a typical Top 100 list. A willingness to learn the Amateur draft and prospects is also necessary, as there are some 2100+ players currently owned in the league, and there is a learning curve if you haven't been in a league like this.

A little about me and my experience- I've played fantasy baseball for over 15 years, and joined this league upon its inception in 2008. I had never played a sim league, or a league this deep in the past. While my first year was filled with learning experiences (we didn't have Asst GMs then), BNSL has quickly become even more important than fantasy baseball for me. People told me that before, but it took the experience to realize it. I'm down to 2 $200 money fantasy leagues, and they aren't nearly as paramount to my time or interest. I'm also a trading/prospect machine, and this type of league has the depth and sheer number of possible trading partners (29 other GMs) other leagues usually don't have. I'm "Killa" at Sickels' site, and in the past have been very active on Project Prospect (have since moved on for the most part, but that's how I learned this league was forming).

Who are we looking for? This league is a year round commitment. It takes an hour each week to be active, and many of us spend much more time than that. Experience in a similar league is not required, but a willingness to learn the league is if you don't have any. I'm not going to lie, it's not as simple as auto-drafting a team on Yahoo...but it's much more rewarding.

For those of you who read Sickels' site, here is another post I made on the league:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/10/30/1783075/looking-for-sim-owners-with-relink-of-the-leagues-deep-draft#storyjump

Also, here's our most recent Amateur Draft, for those who like prospects:

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/8/5/1607085/sim-league-prospect-draft

You can reach me here, or via PM. I can give you all my other contact info via PM as well.

I look forward to any questions you may have!

Thanks,
Jim (BNSL Royals)
travolta19
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Deep Sim League has Openings, just like MLB

Postby travolta19 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:00 pm

Also wanted to add that we are looking for an owner who could contribute some web programming/design experience. Not a requirement for the league, but would be a bonus to add someone with that knowledge to the group.
travolta19
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Deep Sim League has Openings, just like MLB

Postby travolta19 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Bump...
travolta19
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds