Mark Prior signs with Yankees - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark Prior signs with Yankees

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mark Prior signs with Yankees

Postby Kim Bhasin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Jerry Crasnick tweeted: Mark Prior has reached agreement on a minor league deal with New York Yankees, source says

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/12/y ... um=twitter

Um.. guess this is Plan B?
Kim Bhasin
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mark Prior signs with Yankees

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:21 pm

No problem with this. Throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see if any of it sticks. Prior, Webb, etc. Better than dumping the farm for Grienke or something. Hopefully Cashman stays on target and doesn't make a panic move.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Good signing for them, wish the Sox took that flier. Webb or Harden will be equally good signings for whomever takes the risk.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:53 pm

2 x 0 still = 0.

Trying to catch lightning in a bottle apparently is the Cashman fallback plan. How about buying some rabbit legs and praying for divine intervetion while we are at it? Russell Martin and Mark Prior...I hear Sheffield is making a comeback too...maybe he should give him a call as well.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby Kim Bhasin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:I hear Sheffield is making a comeback too...maybe he should give him a call as well.

Sheff Special had dinner with Joe Maddon today, who knows where he's gonna end up.
Kim Bhasin
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Cafe Ranker

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:53 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:2 x 0 still = 0.

Trying to catch lightning in a bottle apparently is the Cashman fallback plan. How about buying some rabbit legs and praying for divine intervetion while we are at it? Russell Martin and Mark Prior...I hear Sheffield is making a comeback too...maybe he should give him a call as well.

I like how you criticize all the moves he makes but never offer up any alternatives. What should the Yankees have done this offseason? I look forward to you imparting your vast baseball knowledge to us.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:05 am

wait, does this mean prior reunites with his injury buddy kerry wood?

ahh... the good ol' times
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:07 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:

I like how you criticize all the moves he makes but never offer up any alternatives. What should the Yankees have done this offseason? I look forward to you imparting your vast baseball knowledge to us.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one here.

I feel Cashman is very underrated. The Yankees do spend a lot of money, but at the same time, they have also won 4 WS under Cashman. Javy Vazquez didn't pan out the second time around, but at the time it was widely viewed as a great move by Cashman as in that trade the only piece which Cashman might regret giving up is Vizcaino. The Granderson trade was also viewed as a steal for the Yankees because many felt Austin Jackson was overrated. Who wins that trade is still up for debate. The Yankees year after year have one of the top 3 teams in baseball. I find it hard to believe that NYY fans can be so unhappy with Cashman.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby dAnzac » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:23 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:

Thank you. I thought I was the only one here.

OH NOES THEY HAVEN'T WON A WORLD SERIES SINCE ALL THE WAY BACK IN 2009! CALL THE AMBALAMPS! DEATH TO CASHMAN!
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zito is God » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:53 pm

I like the signing, but I would like a Brandon Webb signing a lot more. The thing with Webb for me is that he is either gonna get hurt or be way better than what he would be signed for. At this point I assume he would agree to a low base high insentive deal. At full health he is potentially an ace once again, he is a groundball pitcher which the Yankees would love to have at home, and I guarantee he would be the best #4 starter (assuming Pettite resigns and is the #3) in the majors if healthy.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers