Red Sox Agree To Sign Carl Crawford - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Red Sox Agree To Sign Carl Crawford

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Red Sox Agree To Sign Carl Crawford

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:59 am

Crawford is a waste in LF, especially in Fenway... like putting Toluwitzki at 1B. He should be in CF, very least at RF. Having an elite LF is like having a kinda smart handicapped kid. I mean look a the "elite" defensive LFs... Holliday, Huff, Soriano... are you kidding me? What a waste. You spend that kind of money on a guy like that, I expect more than waiting for the ball to land after it hits the top of the Monster.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:23 am

thedude wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:I hate Boston fans.

You know who is more hated than Red Sox fans? Lawyers.

spot on!
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)

Postby Fenway Punk » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:32 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Crawford is a waste in LF, especially in Fenway... like putting Toluwitzki at 1B. He should be in CF, very least at RF. Having an elite LF is like having a kinda smart handicapped kid. I mean look a the "elite" defensive LFs... Holliday, Huff, Soriano... are you kidding me? What a waste. You spend that kind of money on a guy like that, I expect more than waiting for the ball to land after it hits the top of the Monster.

A waste huh? Less ground to cover means your that much more effective. And it will preserve him. And it will disguise the fact that he has a below average arm. Go read a book.
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mweir145 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:Crawford is a waste in LF, especially in Fenway... like putting Toluwitzki at 1B. He should be in CF, very least at RF. Having an elite LF is like having a kinda smart handicapped kid. I mean look a the "elite" defensive LFs... Holliday, Huff, Soriano... are you kidding me? What a waste. You spend that kind of money on a guy like that, I expect more than waiting for the ball to land after it hits the top of the Monster.

A waste huh? Less ground to cover means your that much more effective.

No, it wouldn't. It would reduce the impact of his speed, and therefore reduce the value of his defense.

Putting him in RF should be a serious consideration for the Red Sox.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Fenway Punk » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Hate to be the splash of cold water Sox fans, but am I the only one who remembers Teixeira and Arod? They also "agreed to terms" with the Red Sox, only to be snatched up by the Yankees in the 11th hour. This "agreement" happened on Wed, here we are on Friday and Epstein still won't say Crawfords name, and we haven't heard one word form Crawford either...
Let's pray that the Yanks do get Lee, 'cause if they don't... they will just add 10 million to what Boston offered and do what they do best: pay guys that we want more. :-o
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fenway Punk » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:39 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Fenway Punk wrote:

No, it wouldn't. It would reduce the impact of his speed, and therefore reduce the value of his defense.

Saying Crawford would be less effective at Fenway is ludacris. His arm is below average. It's the best place possible for him.
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigken117 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:49 pm

He's the best defensive LF in baseball. Giving him less ground to cover is a waste of his talent. He doesn't have the arm for right, they should consider what they did last season ... move Ells to left and let Craw play center.

Keith Law wrote: He's the best defensive left fielder in baseball

Fangraphs Stats over the past 3 seasons and it's not close there.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby mweir145 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Fenway Punk wrote:A waste huh? Less ground to cover means your that much more effective.

Saying Crawford would be less effective at Fenway is ludacris. His arm is below average. It's the best place possible for him.

Balls that he regularly got to in Tampa are going to go foul or hit the Green Monster. You do realize that, right?
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby thedude » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:09 pm

bigken117 wrote:He's the best defensive LF in baseball. Giving him less ground to cover is a waste of his talent. He doesn't have the arm for right, they should consider what they did last season ... move Ells to left and let Craw play center.

Keith Law wrote: He's the best defensive left fielder in baseball

Fangraphs Stats over the past 3 seasons and it's not close there.

Supposedly he "doesn't have the instincts” to play center.

mweir145 wrote:
Fenway Punk wrote:

He doesn't have the arm to play right.
mweir145 wrote:
Fenway Punk wrote:
mweir145 wrote:No, it wouldn't. It would reduce the impact of his speed, and therefore reduce the value of his defense.

Balls that he regularly got to in Tampa are going to go foul or hit the Green Monster. You do realize that, right?

So he will move in some and catch the balls that would normally fall between the leftfielder and the Shortstop, and he can use that range to go back on balls.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Fenway Punk » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:13 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Fenway Punk wrote:
mweir145 wrote:No, it wouldn't. It would reduce the impact of his speed, and therefore reduce the value of his defense.

Dude... the only green monster I'm seeing here is you. Stop hating, that's all it is.
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers