FANTASY IMPACT: Adrian Gonzalez @ FENWAY - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FANTASY IMPACT: Adrian Gonzalez @ FENWAY

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: FANTASY IMPACT: Adrian Gonzalez @ FENWAY

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:10 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:I think he and Teix are going to be spot on even across the board...

I like him better than Teix next year.

Say more...

Nicely done. Even though I think it, I won't be able to say it... :,-(

Regardless, yea, He is going to be the best player in the AL East.

Frickin Casey Kelly.
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:39 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:

Say more...

Nicely done. Even though I think it, I won't be able to say it... :,-(

Regardless, yea, He is going to be the best player in the AL East.

Frickin Casey Kelly.

pretty sure Jeter re-signed with the Yankees :-?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:41 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:I think he and Teix are going to be spot on even across the board...

I do as well, but where in the lineup is Gonzalez going to hit? And a bigger question, who hits behind him? With both Gonz and Ortiz being lefties, do the Sox go with Gonzalez-Youkilis-Ortiz? Or do they swap around Ortiz and Gonzalez? The Sox really don't have a great option at #6, unless they bring in someone else. Ellsbury-Pedroia-Gonzalez/Ortiz-Youkils-Ortiz/Gonzalez-Drew at 6? Can't say I love that..
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:

I do as well, but where in the lineup is Gonzalez going to hit? And a bigger question, who hits behind him? With both Gonz and Ortiz being lefties, do the Sox go with Gonzalez-Youkilis-Ortiz? Or do they swap around Ortiz and Gonzalez? The Sox really don't have a great option at #6, unless they bring in someone else. Ellsbury-Pedroia-Gonzalez/Ortiz-Youkils-Ortiz/Gonzalez-Drew at 6? Can't say I love that..

I really am not sure but the thought of Kevin 3rd and Gonzo 4th is mouthwatering. Kevin is a utter monster, and Ortiz shouldn't be favored over Kevin at this point
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:55 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:

Your order is wrong, but what's not to love about a top 6 that includes Ellsbury, Pedroia, Gonzalez, Youkilis, Ortiz and Drew? :-?

I imagine Ortiz and Gonzalez will be split up with Youk hitting in between. Ellsbury will lead off with Pedroia batting 2nd. Cameron, a righty, could hit 6th, Drew, a lefty, can hit 7th and then you have Scutaro/Lowrie, Salty/Varitek to fill out the last two spots. Francona, if he wants to, could alternate all the way through the lineup as Lowrie and both catchers are switch-hitters.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
Urban Cohorts wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:

I really am not sure but the thought of Kevin 3rd and Gonzo 4th is mouthwatering. Kevin is a utter monster, and Ortiz shouldn't be favored over Kevin at this point

I agree completely that Youkilis-Gonzalez at 3/4 is the best, but the Sox probably won't hit lefties back to back. They could do Ortiz at 6th, but then who fills the 5 hole? Drew? And if the Sox land Crawford, would that put him as 1st or 3rd in the order? All speculation of course..
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:01 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:
Urban Cohorts wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:

Your order is wrong, but what's not to love about a top 6 that includes Ellsbury, Pedroia, Gonzalez, Youkilis, Ortiz and Drew? :-?

I imagine Ortiz and Gonzalez will be split up with Youk hitting in between. Ellsbury will lead off with Pedroia batting 2nd. Cameron, a righty, could hit 6th, Drew, a lefty, can hit 7th and then you have Scutaro/Lowrie, Salty/Varitek to fill out the last two spots. Francona, if he wants to, could alternate all the way through the lineup as Lowrie and both catchers are switch-hitters.

Nothing there that isn't to love. Would they ever consider switching Drew to 2nd and Dustin to 3rd? Drew is an OBP machine, ideal at 2nd. Dustin is the best pure hitter on the team IMO, always wondered why they never gave him a shot at #3.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote: Dustin is the best pure hitter on the team.

Kevin is.
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:24 pm

DaSh 1s wrote:
Urban Cohorts wrote: Dustin is the best pure hitter on the team.

Kevin is.

This.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
RedSoxNation04 wrote:
Urban Cohorts wrote:

Would they ever consider switching Drew to 2nd and Dustin to 3rd? Drew is an OBP machine, ideal at 2nd.

Drew has only ever hit at the top of the lineup when there's been an injury or when he's had his annual month long hot streak. No way he hits higher than 5th or 6th.

Yes, he gets on base but he also weakly grounds out to 2nd base more than anyone else in baseball. He's a tailor-made double-play producing machine...
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers