100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Wikileaks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Wikileaks

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Okay, I can't keep my mouth shut on this any longer:

WikiLeaks: new diplomatic cables contain UFO details, Julian Assange says

The 39 year-old Australian, who is wanted by Interpol over a charge of rape and sexual assault in Sweden, said there were some references to extraterrestrial life in yet-to-be-published confidential files obtained from the American government.

He did not disclose what information was contained in the diplomatic memos obtained by the whistleblowing website. It also remains unclear when they will be published.

I love this guy. :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Wikileaks

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Also...

'Sex by Surprise' at Heart of Assange Criminal Probe

(Dec. 2) -- The international manhunt for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in a sex-crime investigation in Sweden apparently stems from a condom malfunction.

Assange's London attorney, Mark Stephens, told AOL News today that Swedish prosecutors told him that Assange is wanted not for allegations of rape, as previously reported, but for something called "sex by surprise," which he said involves a fine of 5,000 kronor or about $715.
"We don't even know what 'sex by surprise' even means, and they haven't told us," Stephens said, just hours after Sweden's Supreme Court rejected Assange's bid to prevent an arrest order from being issued against him on allegations of sex crimes.

"Whatever 'sex by surprise' is, it's only a offense in Sweden -- not in the U.K. or the U.S. or even Ibiza," Stephens said.
The strange tale of Assange's brief flings with two Swedish women during a three-day period in mid-August -- and decisions by three different prosecutors to first dismiss rape allegations made by the women and then re-open the case -- has more twists, turns and conspiracy theories than any of Stieg Larsson's best-sellers.

True, one of Assange's accusers sounds tailor-made for those who think Assange is being set up in Sweden by dark CIA-backed operatives who want him smeared or silenced for his document dumping with WikiLeaks. She's a 31-year-old blond academic and member of the Social Democratic Party who's known for her radical feminist views, once wrote a treatise on how to take revenge against men and was once thrown out of Cuba for subversive activities.

But others say Assange, who denies any wrongdoing and says the sex was consensual, may have just run afoul of Sweden's unusual rape laws, which are considered pro-feminist because of the consideration given issues of consent when it comes to sexual activity -- including even the issue of whether a condom was used.

In fact, the current prosecutor, Marianne Ny, who re-opened the case against Assange, has been active in the proposed reforms of Swedish rape laws that would, if passed, involve an investigation of whether an imbalance in power between two people could void one person's insistence that the sex was consensual.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Art Vandelay » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:18 pm

I don't know what "sex by surprise" is, but I think I want some.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I don't know what "sex by surprise" is, but I think I want some.

Get arrested. I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:I don't know what "sex by surprise" is, but I think I want some.

I gave that to my wife this morning. :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:30 pm

StlSluggers wrote:

me too }:-)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:41 pm

StlSluggers wrote:

I also gave that to your wife this morning ;-7 :-b

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dAnzac » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:04 am

America have their priorities straight as usual:

they're closing in on the wikileaks guy, but not osama bin laden. that's really all you need to know.

http://twitter.com/blainecapatch

:-b
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RugbyD » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:20 am

Wikileaks is awesome. It is the only tool the world has to prevent power from continuing to accumulate and concentrate with those who have it.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Tavish » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:33 am

RugbyD wrote:Wikileaks is awesome. It is the only tool the world has to prevent power from continuing to accumulate and concentrate with those who have it.

Except the only people who really care what Wikileaks has to say are those already in power. I'm not sure that we need Wikileaks to tell the general public that government doesn't always say the same thing to the public that they say behind closed doors or that everyone is scared to death of Iran. Its an inner circle drama club and most people couldn't care less. They would rather hear what Lady Gaga has to say about the last outfit she wore than what our ambassador to Russia thinks about Putin.
Obvious information is obvious.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Next

Return to General Talk