Hanley Ramirez vs THE WORLD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hanley Ramirez vs THE WORLD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Hanley Ramirez vs THE WORLD

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:04 pm

I like the first one better....leaves more to the imagination IMO because you can kinda see both whole boobs moving around. Definitely a higher xBOOB.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Fenway Punk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Agreed. In the first one you can tell that she's intentially making her goddess bounce, whereas the second photo I think she was just bouncing around. *snicker*

So yeah, I'm declaring that Hanley has become a risky pick. In the first round, I want guareenteed first round numbers, not potentially the best "postion numbers"
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby markj11 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:Agreed. In the first one you can tell that she's intentially making her goddess bounce, whereas the second photo I think she was just bouncing around. *snicker*

So yeah, I'm declaring that Hanley has become a risky pick. In the first round, I want guareenteed first round numbers, not potentially the best "postion numbers"

What qualifies as guaranteed 1st round numbers?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:03 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I like the first one better....leaves more to the imagination IMO because you can kinda see both whole boobs moving around. Definitely a higher xBOOB.

You have to admit her xHott takes a big hit when she's prone to weeknight ravaging from one Russell Brand.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:Agreed. In the first one you can tell that she's intentially making her goddess bounce, whereas the second photo I think she was just bouncing around. *snicker*

Truth be told, most of the first rounders this past year didn't produce up to their first round value. That's just the thing with first rounders: you don't get that much value for taking them there. Only because they're a steady bet to produce well enough to be considered a top 20-30 player, do you take them in the first round. Reliability to produce well and the upside to do a little more than that.

After all, leagues aren't won and lost in the first round. I'd still take Hanley as a top 3 pick, no question. He's a great bet to give a line that's worthy of 2nd round production, at the least, for scarce position. Still has the upside to best that too.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby Nerfherders » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:46 pm

I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove. If you think anyone should draft based on the ONE previous season, that's a lose every time. You draft based on what the player will PROBABLY do NEXT year. For me, Ramirez is a top 5 pick no question because he has the entire package and he's consistent. Those players are RARE.
Nerfherders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:42 pm

I think it's pretty obvious that the point he was trying to make is that position scarcity is given far too much weight by the average fantasy baseball player. And it's a valid point. Although it's more more true in traditional roto leagues that have CI, MI, and 5 OF spots. The idea behind it is that the replacement players at each position are generally just as good (or bad) as one another. The only real exception is catcher since the 25th best catcher is usually either really, really horrible at hitting, or doesn't get many at-bats.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 191)

Postby Fenway Punk » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Skin Blues wrote:I think it's pretty obvious that the point he was trying to make is that position scarcity is given far too much weight by the average fantasy baseball player. And it's a valid point. Although it's more more true in traditional roto leagues that have CI, MI, and 5 OF spots. The idea behind it is that the replacement players at each position are generally just as good (or bad) as one another. The only real exception is catcher since the 25th best catcher is usually either really, really horrible at hitting, or doesn't get many at-bats.

;-D Glad to see somebody gets me.
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:07 pm

don't most of us play in leagues with CI, MI, and extra OF spots anyways? :-?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Skin Blues » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:07 pm

I'm sure a lot of people do. I do, but I also know that many people on here play in standard yahoo style leagues with 1 C, 3 OF, and no CI/MI. Not sure of the split, really... it would be interesting to find out, considering all the rankings and stuff that get tossed around in here.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 191)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers