CBS/Yahoo League question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

CBS/Yahoo League question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS/Yahoo League question

Postby Hoyas1 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:08 am

Hello all,

We have a 14 year old league that we currently run on CBS. It is a very basic league 14 team, ROTO, Weekly lineup changes, salary cap - based on The Sporting News Fantasy Baseball guide prices.

We only use some of the features that CBS has to offer and we are considering moving to Yahoo and putting the $150/$170 CBS fee back into the pot.

The only issue (although it seems rather large), is the fact that it seems we will need to go away from the salary cap aspect of the league.

Any thoughts???

I was considering going to a 7 or 10 player keeper format. Currently we can keep up to all 23 active players if they fit under the salary cap (which fluctuates with each years price guide).

Thanks in advance.
Hoyas1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS/Yahoo League question

Postby fast dogs » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:33 pm

I suspect there would be a couple other things you'd miss if you left CBS; @ $10 per team I really don't see it as that big of a deal. As I always say when starting up a new league, we pay the top 5 of 14 teams so the $ won isn't a huge factor; its more about the competition. I can't deny that whoever wins the league would be glad to have extra cash in his pocket, but the rest of the league probably would have preferred to have stayed the same. The league history, the ability to correct draft or transaction mistakes... I dunno, the extra cash to me as commish really doesn't seem all that important. I could possibly see moving if yahoo or espn had the salary cap option you play with, but to change the whole way the league has played for over a decade for more cash in a few teams pockets doesn't seem worth it to me
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 304)

Postby bigmck » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:14 pm

I strongly agree with Fast Dogs. It is only a few dollars per owner for a whole summer of fun. CBS is by far the best. == Why do you use salaries in a book? The fun of an Auction League is bidding on the players. If you ever did that for one year, you would never go back.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby kcbrett5 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:20 pm

I agree with bigmck, we used the sporting news values for 5 or 6 yrs in the 90s. We do an auction now and wouldn't do it that way again. Stay with CBS. It's a good site for a basic league. Although we recently changed to Customstats.com, more money, but did something we needed it to do that CBS couldn't with waivers AND FAAB in the same week.
kcbrett5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Location: Stepping up to the plate, 2 out bases loaded, down by 3, right where i want to be.

Return to Commissioner's Corner