Starting a new league for the serious fantasy player - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Starting a new league for the serious fantasy player

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Starting a new league for the serious fantasy player

Postby BrettRosinWCMN » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:49 pm

hey all
I don't want to come off as spam- or as one of those online trolls you find on ESPN. So let me tell you a little about myself before I get into the league I want to create.

I'm the Co-founder and Co CEO of Windy City Media Network and the co founder of Rantsports.com.

I'm also a baseball junkie. I want and am currently working towards having a career in the professional baseball world...and a great way to build on that skill is to be a serious fantasy league player. I'm as serious as a player as I know, and haven't been able to find people who are into it all year round. I don't know if trying to start a league from a forum like this is "bad form" so if so- I apologize. I'm just searching for the fantasy junkies like myself.

Here's the league I envision (3 members already)

15 player keeper league

12-20 teams (the closer to 20 the better In my opinion)

3 prospects (players that aren't listed in the player pool)

Head to Head

(league is 16)

2 conferences of 8
4 divisions of 4

Draft takes place sometime soon. I'll put together a spreadsheet of players for everyone- or they can use last years rankings.

I do need a co commish or an asst commish.

The league would be run on ESPN or Yahoo like any other fantasy league, but I'd like to create an off season site for owners to come and go- post threads and notes for trade talk...discuss whats current in baseball...so that the league might be in the off season- but it doesn't die for 4 months. I'm very active in the off season and I pester other owners for 4 months about players I target...etc.

The way the prospects come in- in every league...there's always a fight for the prospect that goes through waivers. This system would help stop that. Your "yahoo/espn" roster would consist of the 25 players like normal- but that you would have a list of 3 prospects on your team. ( I would create a spreadsheet and every owner would get a copy). Here are the rules of the prospect idea:

1) a prospect draft would be held closer to the season, and would consist of 3 rounds- going in random order for first year- and worst to first in following years.
2) the 3 prospects that each team selects- can't be dropped until they become available to pick up- in which you would have a 48 hour time window to make a post- or have me announce that you don't want that prospect. He then becomes a free agent and any team can pick up that prospect.
3) Prospect numbers can be optional- you can't have more than 3 prospects...but owner can decide to have 0,1, or 2
4) In a trade involving a prospect- the owner receiving the prospect- would have to "cut" one of his current prospects to remain at 3. The cut prospect would now be off limits until he's made available by ESPN/Yahoo
5) I will be updated the spreadsheet of each teams prospects regularly. This doesn't create more work for anyone...but me and my co commish or asst commish. And I'm fine with that.

Obviously- all of the above rules can be changed...tweaked to make better...etc.

If you're interested- don't hesitate to send me an email at Brett.rosin@windycitymedianetwork.com or respond on here.

Thanks and hope some of you find this as exciting as i do!
BrettRosinWCMN
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds