2010 Rookies of the year announced - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2010 Rookies of the year announced

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2010 Rookies of the year announced

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:53 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
That makes it even crazier then.


posey plays catcher. heyward plays right field. posey's numbers are much more impressive coming from a catcher than heyward's are coming from a right fielder. it probably could have gone to either of them, but you are delusional if you think it is crazy in any way.


Delusional? Yeah, because you're so objective in this scenario.


sick argument, except how you didn't make one. my point is pretty objective and you ignored it because I'm guessing you have no comeback for it.

Posey had the 2nd highest wOBA amongst all catchers, only behind mauer. he had the 5th highest WAR among catchers and had a significant number of plate appearances less than 3 of the catchers above him. he played good defense at the toughest and most physically draining position in the game and caught one of the best pitching staffs in the majors for much of the season. he had the added responsibility of learning a pitching staff and studying opposing offenses all while adjusting to major league pitching.

Heyward's wOBA was only 8 points higher than Posey's (and his OPS 13 points lower) despite the fact that RF is a power position. He had the 6th highest wOBA at his position and the 6th highest WAR. Heyward is a very good player, and was deserving of consideration for the award, but saying that it was anything but close between the two is just flat out wrong. Looking only at the numbers, the nod would probably go to Heyward, but when taking position into account I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that Posey had a more impressive rookie season.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14135
(Past Year: 425)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: 2010 Rookies of the year announced

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:26 am

austin jackson got ripped off.
i bet if feliz didn't set the rookie SVs record, jackson would've gotten it.
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Re: 2010 Rookies of the year announced

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:36 am

Truthfully? I didn't have an argument back......I just wanted to get you riled up and it worked. That was too easy.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: 2010 Rookies of the year announced

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:06 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:Truthfully? I didn't have an argument back......I just wanted to get you riled up and it worked. That was too easy.


i'm sure that's it, and not just that you realized you were wrong and don't want to admit it.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14135
(Past Year: 425)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: 2010 Rookies of the year announced

Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:29 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Truthfully? I didn't have an argument back......I just wanted to get you riled up and it worked. That was too easy.


i'm sure that's it, and not just that you realized you were wrong and don't want to admit it.


Really? Like it's that difficult to click a couple buttons and see the stats you based your argument on? Like I've never been to Fangraphs or am unable to comprehend the idea that playing the catcher position is more demanding than right field? When did you become such a douche dude?
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: 2010 Rookies of the year announced

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:49 pm

Has a offensive player ever won RoY award with 4 home runs?
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1893
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 1 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 Rookies of the year announced

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:53 am

DaSh 1s wrote:Has a offensive player ever won RoY award with 4 home runs?


i couldnt find 4 HR exactly but i found 2 with less than 4 and stopped looking
Ozzie Guillen 1985 1 HR
Alfredo Griffen 1979 2 HR
Last edited by Dan Lambskin on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010 Rookies of the year announced

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:59 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
DaSh 1s wrote:Has a offensive player ever won RoY award with 4 home runs?


i couldnt find 4 HR exactly but i found 2 with less than 4 and stopped looking
Ozzie Guillen 1985 1 HR
Alfredo Griffen 1979 2 HR


fyp
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: 2010 Rookies of the year announced

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:09 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Truthfully? I didn't have an argument back......I just wanted to get you riled up and it worked. That was too easy.


i'm sure that's it, and not just that you realized you were wrong and don't want to admit it.

If I'd remembered, I would have come here and complained just to get you riled up. :-D

And I think Heyward's 40+ games played difference negates the position difference this year.
I thought it was Heyward's award, but picking Posey isn't exactly like giving a GG to Jeter, now is it?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(1:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(4:05 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact