Where will they land? (Predictions) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where will they land? (Predictions)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where will they land? (Predictions)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:36 am

wrveres wrote:a real padre fan would never allow himself to be photographed in blue, because real padre fans know that the padres don't wear blue. its the color reserved for the hated enemy, and some jerk hollywood owner played a practical joke on san diego a decade ago, and stole our identity.

It's nice that you and the six other Padre fans have come to a collective decision, at least.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MTUCache » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:44 pm

m16a wrote:I understand VMart, as he is one of the biggest defensive liabilities behind the plate I have ever seen, but why the animosity towards a player of Werth's caliber? Just curious... lol

Mostly? Because his name isn't Carl Crawford....

But besides that fact, he's not a lefty and he's not 29 years old.

And he looks dirty.
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:30 pm

MTUCache wrote:
m16a wrote:I understand VMart, as he is one of the biggest defensive liabilities behind the plate I have ever seen, but why the animosity towards a player of Werth's caliber? Just curious... lol

Mostly? Because his name isn't Carl Crawford....

But besides that fact, he's not a lefty and he's not 29 years old.

And he looks dirty.

we have about a 0.01% of getting Crawford...i'd like Werth better if he was left handed but he's better than anything we're going to put in RF...depends on the price though...being a Boras client i sure dont want to shell out $75M/5 years
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby MTUCache » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:23 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:we have about a 0.01% of getting Crawford...i'd like Werth better if he was left handed but he's better than anything we're going to put in RF...depends on the price though...being a Boras client i sure dont want to shell out $75M/5 years

It would take some planets aligning, I agree, but if Crawford is a 1% chance I'd hardly think Werth would be any better than a 5% chance. Assuming NY makes a splash in the headlines with either Lee or Crawford, I can't see Boston sitting idly by while Werth signs with the Tigers for less money.

Being 100% honest with myself, I admit the Tigers probably aren't going to make any huge splashes this off-season. Sure, we've freed up a bunch of money, but this isn't a very deep player pool we're looking at and we're competing with all the usual suspects for the premier free agents.

Only a few days into the process and I'm already tempering my expectations by a lot.... it's feeling more and more like the Tigers are going to field nearly the same club next season and just pocket all that money. Best case scenario they're a couple games back at the deadline and decide to spend some of it then. Otherwise it's just not worth throwing long-term money at anything. Nobody out there is going to command a multi-year deal outside of these top five or six guys.

As for him being a Boras client... I'm well aware of Dombrowski's fondness for him. Maybe he can at least negotiate a reach-around out of the deal. %-6
MTUCache
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 pm

wrveres wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Image

Manny was spotted at Toronto's airport today.

what's wrveres doing in toronto? is he your new live-in BF now? i've noticed you guys have been pretty tight as of late. :-B

that dudes a poser. he obviously visited San Diego for a colonoscopy convention or something, and took in a game down the street.

a real padre fan would never allow himself to be photographed in blue, because real padre fans know that the padres don't wear blue. its the color reserved for the hated enemy, and some jerk hollywood owner played a practical joke on san diego a decade ago, and stole our identity.

oh please, we know your love for the roiders (e.g. barry bonds) so without a doubt you wouldn't pass up a photo op with manny. i want to see the picture with manny with his arm around both you and weir.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby dAnzac » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:03 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote: i want to see the picture with manny with his arm around both you and weir.

:-?
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigken117 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:16 am

ROLF

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby mweir145 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:20 am

Haha. Pretty close, except I wear a Jays hat regularly with the old logo and don't have glasses. :-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:39 am

Haha...only Weir would wear a Hawaiian shirt buttoned all the way up.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GoodOl'Days » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:35 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
wrveres wrote:a real padre fan would never allow himself to be photographed in blue, because real padre fans know that the padres don't wear blue. its the color reserved for the hated enemy, and some jerk hollywood owner played a practical joke on san diego a decade ago, and stole our identity.

It's nice that you and the six other Padre fans have come to a collective decision, at least.

That's got to be a Chargers jacket, you guys have to have some exceptions.
GoodOl'Days
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers