Ray's Rankings 2011 - updated 12-15 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ray's Rankings 2011 - updated 12-15

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby Fenway Punk » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:20 am

I gotta tell you man... mad respect for being able to formulate a Rankings list of more than 50. I just did a top 25 on the fly and it wasn't easy. Just at a glance... it would appear that you REALLY like pitchers. Nothing wrong with that, to each there own. One thing I did notice though: Rickie Weeks. He was an absolute GODSEND last year, but even with his career year I'm not sure the fantasy community is ready to spend a 3rd round pick on him. Also, I hate to keep bringing up Arod, but to have him outside the top 20 seems personal. I hate him too, he has bitch tits and all, but the man is a living legend. If he's around in the second round, no way in hell he makes it by me.
Fenway Punk
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ray Zorback » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Fenway Punk wrote:I gotta tell you man... mad respect for being able to formulate a Rankings list of more than 50. I just did a top 25 on the fly and it wasn't easy. Just at a glance... it would appear that you REALLY like pitchers.

I really didn't do much. I took the 3 lists that I mentioned and combined them on an excel spreadsheet and let excel do the work. Then I did a few adjustments on my own. Then I took suggestions from here and from the league that is using them. I agree on the pitchers, I adjusted every pitcher down 2-3 times just to get it where it is.

Fenway Punk wrote:Nothing wrong with that, to each there own. One thing I did notice though: Rickie Weeks. He was an absolute GODSEND last year, but even with his career year I'm not sure the fantasy community is ready to spend a 3rd round pick on him. Also, I hate to keep bringing up Arod, but to have him outside the top 20 seems personal. I hate him too, he has bitch tits and all, but the man is a living legend. If he's around in the second round, no way in hell he makes it by me.

I agree on both. Besides pitchers, I tried not to adjust much after averaging the 3 lists. I know it's not perfect and very subjective, but it works for what we needed. When I update it again, I'll adjust those 2.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 240)

Postby davidmarver » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:36 pm

203 Alvarez, Pedro 3B

Laughable. He's more than coin-flip to hit 30 homeruns and is cemented in the middle of an improving lineup. Even in a pessimistic scenario -- continued K rate, no growth in other areas -- the line of .250, 25, 90, 75, 0 at third-base is still considerably better than player 203. An sort of growth, though, to .270, 35, 100, 80, 0 places him in the top 50.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:44 pm

davidmarver wrote:
203 Alvarez, Pedro 3B

Laughable. He's more than coin-flip to hit 30 homeruns and is cemented in the middle of an improving lineup. Even in a pessimistic scenario -- continued K rate, no growth in other areas -- the line of .250, 25, 90, 75, 0 at third-base is still considerably better than player 203. An sort of growth, though, to .270, 35, 100, 80, 0 places him in the top 50.

I'm guessing you weren't an 09 Chris Davis owner... :-b

Seriously though, Alvarez could be a nice value if you could get him in the later rounds. I agree I'd jump on him earlier than 203, but I have a feeling his ADP could creep up possibly into the top 12 rounds depending on his spring training numbers, making him too early for me in a redraft.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:13 pm

davidmarver wrote:
203 Alvarez, Pedro 3B

He is one of my favorite "reach" picks this year. I really like him this year for value. ;-D
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers