Ray's Rankings 2011 - updated 12-15 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ray's Rankings 2011 - updated 12-15

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby AquaMan2342 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Lince found his groove late and in the playoffs. He should be the #2 starter behind Halladay IMO.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:32 pm

Just don't see myself spending a first round pick on CarGo...
Image
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3403
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby Ray Zorback » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:04 pm

RedSoxNation04 wrote:Just don't see myself spending a first round pick on CarGo...


Me either, but, he was the #1 player in the game last year and missed about 20 games.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 422
(Past Year: 246)
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: usually 1st place

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby RunReyesRun » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 pm

I also think Morneau is 75 is WAY too low. He was having a MVP season until a freak injury (concussion) knocked him out for the season.

He is a top 20 hitter IMO
Image
RunReyesRun
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2512
Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:18 pm

RunReyesRun wrote:I also think Morneau is 75 is WAY too low. He was having a MVP season until a freak injury (concussion) knocked him out for the season.

He is a top 20 hitter IMO


I agree 100%. Morneau was hands down the AL MVP before the injury and still finished in fantasy good standing at #187 with only 296ABs and was the 15th overall based on average stats when the season was over.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8510
(Past Year: 115)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
RunReyesRun wrote:I also think Morneau is 75 is WAY too low. He was having a MVP season until a freak injury (concussion) knocked him out for the season.

He is a top 20 hitter IMO


I agree 100%. Morneau was hands down the AL MVP before the injury and still finished in fantasy good standing at #187 with only 296ABs and was the 15th overall based on average stats when the season was over.



no only is there the concussion thing, but there is also the reoccuring back injury.. maybe ok for roto, but in h2h don't expect him to help you out around playoff time..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 3875
(Past Year: 167)
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ..skipping the light fandango.

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:48 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
RunReyesRun wrote:I also think Morneau is 75 is WAY too low. He was having a MVP season until a freak injury (concussion) knocked him out for the season.

He is a top 20 hitter IMO


I agree 100%. Morneau was hands down the AL MVP before the injury and still finished in fantasy good standing at #187 with only 296ABs and was the 15th overall based on average stats when the season was over.



no only is there the concussion thing, but there is also the reoccuring back injury.. maybe ok for roto, but in h2h don't expect him to help you out around playoff time..

This.
Image
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Ranker
Posts: 3403
Joined: 8 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Newyorkachusetts

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 am

Morneau and Hamilton = Guys I'll never own
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby Grounded Polo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:06 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:Lince found his groove late and in the playoffs. He should be the #2 starter behind Halladay IMO.


Felix deserves the #2 slot, guy is another incredible talent, imagine if Seattle didn't suck so bad so he could win more games.

Despite that, Timmay will be the guy I'd be most likely to draft next year. I had Doc, Felix, and Lince as my Tier 1 heading into next year before the playoffs, now if he can be had at a significant discount like the third round, I'm pulling the trigger every time.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6583
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ray's Rankings 2011

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:33 am

Grounded Polo wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Lince found his groove late and in the playoffs. He should be the #2 starter behind Halladay IMO.


Felix deserves the #2 slot, guy is another incredible talent, imagine if Seattle didn't suck so bad so he could win more games.

Despite that, Timmay will be the guy I'd be most likely to draft next year. I had Doc, Felix, and Lince as my Tier 1 heading into next year before the playoffs, now if he can be had at a significant discount like the third round, I'm pulling the trigger every time.


Well...Seattle does suck, so he won't win as many games as Timmy, who will probably match Felix in every other category. I'll take Lince over Felix all day next year.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 7852
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Aug. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Houston at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Washington
(4:05 pm)
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact