DeJesus traded for Mazzaro - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

DeJesus traded for Mazzaro

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: DeJesus traded for Mazzaro

Postby Tavish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:10 pm

mweir145 wrote:http://www.google.com/search?q=the+process&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=zWc&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=the+process+dayton+moore&aq=f&aqi=g4g-o1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=5ddd74dd827ab059

I know what you were referring to, but "The Process" that everyone (Royals fans included) likes to bag on is starting to look like a very possible success story.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Tavish wrote:
mweir145 wrote:http://www.google.com/search?q=the+process&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=zWc&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=the+process+dayton+moore&aq=f&aqi=g4g-o1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=5ddd74dd827ab059

I know what you were referring to, but "The Process" that everyone (Royals fans included) likes to bag on is starting to look like a very possible success story.

So you do trust in the process, then, right? :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Tavish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:22 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Tavish wrote:

So you don't think that the best way for a team with next to no talent anywhere in the organization and a fairly limited payroll to rebuild is through developing what may be the best minor league system in baseball?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Tavish wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Tavish wrote:I know what you were referring to, but "The Process" that everyone (Royals fans included) likes to bag on is starting to look like a very possible success story.

So you don't think that the best way for a team with next to no talent anywhere in the organization and a fairly limited payroll to rebuild is through developing what may be the best minor league system in baseball?

I didn't say I didn't trust in the process.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby wrveres » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:17 pm

mweir145 wrote:I didn't say I didn't trust in the process.

hook ..

line ..

and sinker .. :-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:58 pm

wrveres wrote:

hook ..

line ..

and sinker .. :-D

:-b
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:07 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Tavish wrote:
mweir145 wrote:So you do trust in the process, then, right? :-D

Ahh, I mistook you reassuring me about the direction of the Royals as some sort of smug satisfaction over a trade that is in all reality pretty decent for the team. My bad. :-D

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mweir145 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Tavish wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Tavish wrote:So you don't think that the best way for a team with next to no talent anywhere in the organization and a fairly limited payroll to rebuild is through developing what may be the best minor league system in baseball?

Ahh, I mistook you reassuring me about the direction of the Royals as some sort of smug satisfaction over a trade that is in all reality pretty decent for the team. My bad. :-D

For the record, though, Vin Mazzaro kind of sucks. Those ratios in that stadium against that competition don't bring me confidence.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:41 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Tavish wrote:

For the record, though, Vin Mazzaro kind of sucks. Those ratios in that stadium against that competition don't bring me confidence.

I guess its good for him then that he is 25, his minor league ratios are a little more encouraging, he is going to just as bad of a hitting park, and playing against even worse competition. That and he is basically expected to be a #4/#5 type starter who is cost controlled for 4 seasons and was traded for a 31 year old OF coming off a career year that was cut short by a thumb injury and will be a free agent at the end of the season. DeJesus is a solid player who should easily earn his contract this season assuming health, but Moore wasn't going to get an A prospect for trading him. I would have liked to see the Royals hold out trading him until Crawford / Werth had signed to maybe give the Royals a little more leverage, but a young back of the rotation starter is pretty much what I expected DeJesus's value to be anyways so getting it done now is fine by me.

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibilities to see Mazzaro being a 1.5 to 2 WAR type pitcher over 170 IP (especially if he can bring the GB rate back closer to his minor league numbers). Nothing much to speak of, but something that would probably cost $3-4m to bring in as free agent.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby J35J » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Tavish wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Tavish wrote:Ahh, I mistook you reassuring me about the direction of the Royals as some sort of smug satisfaction over a trade that is in all reality pretty decent for the team. My bad. :-D

I guess its good for him then that he is 25, his minor league ratios are a little more encouraging, he is going to just as bad of a hitting park, and playing against even worse competition. That and he is basically expected to be a #4/#5 type starter who is cost controlled for 4 seasons and was traded for a 31 year old OF coming off a career year that was cut short by a thumb injury and will be a free agent at the end of the season. DeJesus is a solid player who should easily earn his contract this season assuming health, but Moore wasn't going to get an A prospect for trading him. I would have liked to see the Royals hold out trading him until Crawford / Werth had signed to maybe give the Royals a little more leverage, but a young back of the rotation starter is pretty much what I expected DeJesus's value to be anyways so getting it done now is fine by me.

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibilities to see Mazzaro being a 1.5 to 2 WAR type pitcher over 170 IP (especially if he can bring the GB rate back closer to his minor league numbers). Nothing much to speak of, but something that would probably cost $3-4m to bring in as free agent.

;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers