Miggie Trade HELP! WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Miggie Trade HELP! WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Miggie Trade HELP! WHIR!

Postby FrankieYankee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:52 am

Ok im in a keeper league, and the budget is $350. Since I won the league, I could only keep 8 players as opposed to everyone else who can keep 9. Miggie is at the end of his contract, so I MUST trade him or lose him into the free agent pool when the auction comes along. He is relatively cheap at $32, because he was drafted years ago as a minor leaguer and never has been put back the Free Agent pool. I have three serious offers for him, need help on choosing. Keep in mind, we have a minor league system as well.

Miggie for: Kinsler($24), Bay($1), Delmon Young($1), Desmond Jennings(minor leagues) and first round pick in preseason minor league draft.

Miggie and Jared Weaver($22) for: Granderson($15), Pedroia($19), Eric Youg or Alcedes Escobar(both still in minor leagues in my league) and a first rounder pick in minor league draft.

Miggie for Jesus Montero, Bumgardner(both minor leaguers) and first round pick in minor league draft.

Keep in mind in the first deal I would be trading him to an elite team, but in the second deal, his team needs alot of work. If I take the first deal, Im not sure I can keep Bay or Young. Might have to deal one off. Will Bay turn around? Will Young repeat?

NEED HELP ASAP! WHIR!
FrankieYankee
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Miggie Trade HELP! WHIR!

Postby FrankieYankee » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:43 am

Anyone?
FrankieYankee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cardinal1975 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:13 pm

I think I would lean towards taking the 3rd offer. Montero has a good chance to be a special hitter and will be cheap and could produce great production at catcher in 2011. Bumgarner looks to be a solid #3 SP in real life and could be a good chip to trade or certainly to keep going forward depending upon your roster. Due to the chance Montero could be elite at a premium position (and you could keep him for a long time) I'd lean towards that direction. :-)
cardinal1975
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baseballboy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:18 pm

cardinal1975 wrote:I think I would lean towards taking the 3rd offer. Montero has a good chance to be a special hitter and will be cheap and could produce great production at catcher in 2011. Bumgarner looks to be a solid #3 SP in real life and could be a good chip to trade or certainly to keep going forward depending upon your roster. Due to the chance Montero could be elite at a premium position (and you could keep him for a long time) I'd lean towards that direction. :-)

agree ;-D Agree ;-D AGREE! ;-D ;-D ;-D
baseballboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby fast dogs » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:29 pm

If you have 8 good keepers already I'd go #3; I'm not sure giving an elite team Miggy is something I'd want to do
See these kinds of leagues more & more; a player needs to be traded in his final year or he's back in the pool. Whats the thinking in these leagues, just a way to promote trading? Will Miggy be kept for more than 1 season or will this be it? Some of these leagues if he's traded the contract gets extended for more years so basically everyone with an expiring contract gets traded every year. I always thought stars going back into the pool was a good thing, these leagues seem to work just the opposite
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 317)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:39 pm

Seems like we are missing some information that could help. The players you are receiving, do they have a certain number of years remaining on their contracts? And do their salaries increase every year and if so how much. Who are your other keepers? I am leaning towards #1 as you get a pretty good 2B, Young who finally broke out and one of the top rookies going into next year. Of course if you already have Utley or Cano at 2B then this isn't a good deal for you. Deal #3 seems like the biggest risk. Montero has to produce at an elite level to make this deal worth while and I am not sure he will right off the bat. I like #2 as well because I like Pedroia over Kinsler and Weaver is a pretty good pitcher but at $22 he is kind of at top value right now. Same goes for Granderson unless he figures things out, which I am not betting on.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Postby Iguana » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:12 am

Although its hard to say for sure without seeing your other keepers, I think that first trade is WAY, WAY, WAY better than the others. No matter who your keepers are, Kinsler and Young at a combined $25 is terrific. Forgot Bay, but on top of those first two you get to carry over Jennings and the pick. Go with that option.
Help me pick my keepers? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=419885
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ayebatter » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:47 am

MaudDib wrote: I like #2 as well because I like Pedroia over Kinsler and Weaver is a pretty good pitcher but at $22 he is kind of at top value right now. Same goes for Granderson unless he figures things out, which I am not betting on.

I'll take door #2, and Granderson went something like 45/17/45/5 after the break so I wouldn't be too worried there.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1440)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions