AMC's The Walking Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AMC's The Walking Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:07 pm

I gave up part way through season 2 because I got bored. Started back up when I started hearing good things about season 3 and from the point I stopped on holy crap has this show gotten awesome. Tons of action and main characters dying left and right, last nights episode was nuts. AMC has to be the best channel on tv right now.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 pm

No doubt, you Giant-loving ahole.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:11 pm

StlSluggers wrote:No doubt, you Giant-loving ahole.

GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:38 pm

Confirmed. Season 3 has been awesome so far.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 pm

bleach168 wrote:Confirmed. Season 3 has been awesome so far.

It was confirmed long before you got here, yo. :-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:28 pm

The last episode was kinda lame imo. I find the town storyline pretty boring.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby J35J » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:The last episode was kinda lame imo. I find the town storyline pretty boring.

I was going to say...season 3 has been pretty boring if you ask me. Season 1 and the whole story line of surviving the initial outbreak and understanding what is going on and how to survive is the best part of apocolypse stories...now that most of that has all passed it's not been nearly as entertaining, IMHO. Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty good, I'm just not nearly as into it as I was in the beginning.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 375)

Postby thedude » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:03 pm

J35J wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:The last episode was kinda lame imo. I find the town storyline pretty boring.

I was going to say...season 3 has been pretty boring if you ask me. Season 1 and the whole story line of surviving the initial outbreak and understanding what is going on and how to survive is the best part of apocolypse stories...now that most of that has all passed it's not been nearly as entertaining, IMHO. Don't get me wrong, it's still pretty good, I'm just not nearly as into it as I was in the beginning.

Yes. As the characters begin to cope and world normalizes some (as normal as a world with zombies can be), some of the natural conflict evaporates.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby luckygehrig » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:50 pm

Thoughts on the mid-season finale? Aside from hating the fact that mid-season finales are a thing now, I thought last night's episode was pretty good. Very excited to finally see Tyrese. I think his presence will maybe start to change the leadership dynamics of Rick's group. Also, the fight between Michonne and the Governor was fantastic. Although the events that brought them to that point differed quite a bit from the comics, the battle itself was pretty awesome.

***SPOILER***

Did anyone else think AMC blew it a little bit at the end? They left with that great cliffhanger of the Governor throwing Merle and Darryl's fate to the crowd, but then in the preview that booted up immediately afterwards, they showed Darryl running through the woods. It just seemed to undermine the whole situation that they closed on.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 pm

luckygehrig wrote: but then in the preview that booted up immediately afterwards, they showed Darryl running through the woods.

this both relieved and annoyed me at the same time. it would suck if darryl died.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk