not only did he have to get eaten alive
if there's anything left of his brain, he'll reanimate as a zombie

:-o
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby Metroid » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:46 pm

Yeah, I agree, only wounding him in the leg was pretty messed up. Hopefully the zombie mob does a good job of eating him up. :-?

Oh yeah, how bout the dude who got bit and then hung himself? Haha, that was awesome! :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mweir145 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:51 pm

Metroid wrote:I don't know that Shane's actions last night automatically thrusts him into the category of villain/antihero. In fact, what he did could actually be viewed as a heroic act. He certainly didn't do what he did to save his own skin. If you remember, just a few moments before, he was ready to stop running and let the fat guy continue on, but the fat guy wouldn't continue on with out him. I think he came to the realization that they weren't both going to make it, and that the fat guy likely wouldn't make it alone anyway. So one of them had to be sacrificed. He did what he did so the vet could get the medical equipment to save the boy's life. He made a tough decision to save the boy. Had he not done what he did, all three likely would have died.

I dunno, that's my take. Maybe Shane will become a villain, but I didn't really view what he did last night as a villainous act. :-?

I disagree, I think he would have done the same thing whether Carl's life was in danger or not. It's becoming clear he's all about survival at any cost, and they already showed a more ruthless, villainous side in him when he pointed a gun at Rick earlier in the series. The scene at the end in the bathroom, I believe, was indicative of a change in his character. A much-needed change for this show, if you ask me.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:27 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Metroid wrote:I don't know that Shane's actions last night automatically thrusts him into the category of villain/antihero. In fact, what he did could actually be viewed as a heroic act. He certainly didn't do what he did to save his own skin. If you remember, just a few moments before, he was ready to stop running and let the fat guy continue on, but the fat guy wouldn't continue on with out him. I think he came to the realization that they weren't both going to make it, and that the fat guy likely wouldn't make it alone anyway. So one of them had to be sacrificed. He did what he did so the vet could get the medical equipment to save the boy's life. He made a tough decision to save the boy. Had he not done what he did, all three likely would have died.

I dunno, that's my take. Maybe Shane will become a villain, but I didn't really view what he did last night as a villainous act. :-?

I disagree, I think he would have done the same thing whether Carl's life was in danger or not. It's becoming clear he's all about survival at any cost, and they already showed a more ruthless, villainous side in him when he pointed a gun at Rick earlier in the series. The scene at the end in the bathroom, I believe, was indicative of a change in his character. A much-needed change for this show, if you ask me.

He has shown that he will do anything to save/benefit himself, but I don't know that I'd call him a pure villain just yet.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:09 pm

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:03 am

Metroid wrote:When Shane came back alone in the truck, I knew he had done something bad....damn that was harsh. :-o

ya it was pretty obvious what had happened, still pretty intense to watch it happen though.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:31 am

StlSluggers wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

He has shown that he will do anything to save/benefit himself, but I don't know that I'd call him a pure villain just yet.

Well he hasn't turned into Walter White or anything yet, but he's beginning to go down a dark road.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:18 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Metroid wrote:When Shane came back alone in the truck, I knew he had done something bad....damn that was harsh. :-o

ya it was pretty obvious what had happened, still pretty intense to watch it happen though.

Absolutely, and I'm glad they actually showed us what occurred. They could have easily just let it go a few episodes, as we watched Shane act weirder and weirder, before actually providing us with that scene. Sometimes doing that kinda stuff is okay, but I would have been pissed in this situation.

Does anyone else think that Dr. Jenner whispered something more in Rick's ear than "there is no cure"? I don't really think it had anything to do with the outbreak, cure, safe place, or lack thereof, at all. I'm thinking he told rick something personal to just him...perhaps related to the blood tests Jenner performed? ;-)
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:35 am

Metroid wrote:I'm thinking he told rick something personal to just him...perhaps related to the blood tests Jenner performed? ;-)

That's been the rumor for a while.

Guess we'll find out. She sure isn't acting like it's effecting her yet, though.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:55 am

StlSluggers wrote:
Metroid wrote:I'm thinking he told rick something personal to just him...perhaps related to the blood tests Jenner performed? ;-)

That's been the rumor for a while.

Guess we'll find out. She sure isn't acting like it's effecting her yet, though.

Yeah, totally. Another rumor I've heard is that Jenner may have told Rick that everyone is infected already, and that the "virus" is just lying dormant until you die. So regardless of whether you are bitten or not, once you check out, you will check back in reanimated. :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk