AMC's The Walking Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AMC's The Walking Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:06 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
J35J wrote:Yup, can't wait for Feb. The characters are back on the run and scattered...not to mention Rick is hurt pretty bad with just his son for help so that should be interesting. But yeah, definitely glad they are back on the run and all that that entails.

I will say it's pretty tiring seeing everyone be one hand, one shot, head shot killers though....very very few people in the world could pull off those shots as consistently as they do, but then when it's a fire fight between other groups they can't even hit the broad side of a barn with fully auto machine guns. Then these rifles and even handguns for that matter that just ricochet off filing cabinets and not penetrating vehicles, etc, etc, etc...just not realistic at all. Yeah, I understand zombies=not realistic and all that but I'm ready to see a zombie/survival type show like this that displays what would be more realistic scenarios and outcomes. I understand there are some things that just wouldn't be interesting to watch in a show/movie but there are certainly things they could make more realistic and have it be a much better show.

Forget about the headshots, what about Carl shooting at the new guys from 100+ yards with a shotgun? lol
It also bugs me is how easily they punch through skulls. Skulls seem to be like eggshells for these guys.
suspension of disbelief I guess.

It was a terrific finale (wtf is this mid-season finale stuff?). Love the killing of the governor, although we didnt see him actually die. I wanted Tyreese to buy it in this episode.

I thought for sure that Carol would make an appearance there. Daryl has now taken over as the coolest guy on TV.

I'm curious what the plan is for Carol. I wanted to think that she'd ultimately end up being a villain or antagonist, but I can't even convince myself that it's in the realm of possibilities for the show. I do hope that when they ultimately find another group to clash with, that it isn't just recycled Woodbury/Governor-type storyline. It needs to be kept fresh.

Also, yeah, it is a bit annoying that everybody is Top Shot, and that fists go through skulls of even people who have been walkers for 8 seconds, like they're light bulbs. Also, if Daryl is the coolest guy on TV (and he definitely is), then Carl is the worst character on TV. He has replaced Skylar White, who I even grew to like as a character towards the end of Breaking Bad. From what I understand, there's a daughter character on Homeland who could rival Carl, but for me he's just the absolute worst, and I root for his demise every episode, knowing that it just won't happen.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:36 am

Its the music that sucks me in i think.
Im finally watching the final episode on demand, and i actually got big ol goose bumps when the governor was doing his opening, and the music chimed in.

its the jaws effect ...

the song is perfect.
Last edited by wrveres on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1144)

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:03 am

They must get a different episode in Canada. Carl doesn't have a shotgun. Leave it to a Canadian to screw up that fact. Have you never seen a Western? That same channel plays reruns of "The Rifleman" in the mornings. Heck id even go so far as to say that the rifle Carl is using is symbolic. That rifle won the United States everything west of the Mississippi. Yes it's a rifle.

And yes the governor is dead. DEAD. When you get a sword through your chest, you're dead. The only thing that can save you is if you got a sword through the chest, while in a hospital, standing next to a grip of surgeons, all scrubbed and ready to go. and there aint no hospital. maybe in the Canadian version they have hospitals?

Now its Darryl's turn to lead. I don't think he lasts. He'll die a hero for sure, but hes too 'off the cuff' to lead people. At the end of the episode, When the firing is done, Darryl is standing where the attackers would of been, and he kills the tank driver. Hes just standing their. Then the little girl runs to a bus full of people that no one is firing on. The gun fight is over. The attackers are either dead, or girls.

So why are they leaving? Sure there's zombies, but there's zombies out in the unknown too. Here they have food, shelter and weapons, on grounds they know better than anyone. Certainly they could lock themselves inside a jail somewhere, regroup and come out fighting. Just saying.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:26 am

I totally agree with wrveres. It is odd that they would leave a place with all of those weapons, cars w/ gas in them, all of their supplies. They had a plan of escape in case something like this happened so why not return from whatever meet point they agreed upon and regroup at the prison?

Also, what happened to the lesbian sister of the governors girlfriend? Her lover died but its not clear if she did as well.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 68)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Well I only watched it once in real time and it sure looked like an old pump action shotgun to me. But could be wrong.

And I thought that there was another scene of the governor crawling away and his new girlfriend standing over him with a pistol and then you hear a pistol shot offscreen but never see him shot or dead. Hell, the dude got stabbed in the eye and still came back, Carol came back too, Daryl's brother. In this show, unless you see the head separated from the body you cannot assume he is dead.

They also made it a point of saying earlier in the episode that without the fences the prison was worthless and not possible to defend. As soon as they said that you knew that the fences were coming down and they were fleeing. But of course that's just an excuse to get them on the run again and keep the show from stagnating.

As for Carol I dont think there's any chance that she comes back a villain. She comes back to save the group some how.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby kab21 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Obviously Tyrese and Carol are going to meet up first with awkwardness.

Somehow I also think the governor comes back despite an otherwise fatal wound.

Seems like they could have fortified the prison but the show needed to go on the road.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 518)

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:52 am

it looks like they are going to get into some long overdue character development. I like it.

lets do predictions.
I predict Daryl was an ex bartender.
I predict Tyrese was a bus driver from Atlanta.
I predict Carol is now running of a small army of women.
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:41 am

I only keep watching this show because I'm curious how it all plays out...if I came into this watching 1 or 2 of these recent shows I couldn't get through it....so many stupid things happen, so many inconsistencies...it's just bad, I just continually shake my head as I watch.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 pm

J35J wrote:I only keep watching this show because I'm curious how it all plays out...if I came into this watching 1 or 2 of these recent shows I couldn't get through it....so many stupid things happen, so many inconsistencies...it's just bad, I just continually shake my head as I watch.

I feel Iike I've made it this far I have to keep going but this show sucks. Nothing happens.

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 75)

Postby kab21 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:34 am

I watch it because everyone else watches it. This is one of the few shows that my Taiwanese students watch. They love zombies.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 518)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk