AMC's The Walking Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AMC's The Walking Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby wrveres » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:48 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
wrveres wrote:i missed last week, but im up to speed now.
if i do story sync, does it make me a nerd?

I don't know what that is, but tell me and I'm all in.

I liked this little divergence over the last two episodes leading us back to where we were at. I liked last week a lot, and then I really liked this week as well.

storysync is an amc website, where you follow along with the episode. it tosses out trivia, and does flashbacks to previous scenes. i did it the one time but i cant see my self doing it again. while it adds a little to the story, it takes you away from the real action.

i also like this divergence, and im anxiously waiting for the Carol divergence.i can totally see her ending up at a monastery, teaching monks and nuns how to properly use a knife.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 746)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:39 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

I liked this little divergence over the last two episodes leading us back to where we were at. I liked last week a lot, and then I really liked this week as well.

ditto

Did not like the Guv at all before now I'm liking him a little more.

These last 2 episode show that it's not "The Rick Grimes Story" and that its the setting and world that they created that is so good. This was almost a spin off and its just as good as the main storyline. Maybe even better because it gets back to the kinds of storylines that were so good in season 1.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:40 pm

wrveres wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

storysync is an amc website, where you follow along with the episode. it tosses out trivia, and does flashbacks to previous scenes. i did it the one time but i cant see my self doing it again. while it adds a little to the story, it takes you away from the real action.

i also like this divergence, and im anxiously waiting for the Carol divergence.i can totally see her ending up at a monastery, teaching monks and nuns how to properly use a knife.

Try to sit through Talking Dead with the wrestlers and fanboys.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:56 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:These last 2 episode show that it's not "The Rick Grimes Story" and that its the setting and world that they created that is so good. This was almost a spin off and its just as good as the main storyline. Maybe even better because it gets back to the kinds of storylines that were so good in season 1.
couldn't agree more
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:03 am

bigh0rt wrote:It's my belief that the Governor is the main antagonist in much of the graphic novel, right? I have no idea how close they're following that (and I imagine the answer is 'not much'), but I think we've got him for at least the remainder of the season, if not further into the future. The problem once he's gone is coming up with another primary antagonist.

The show and comic will sometimes get to the same points in the storyline but typically take completely different paths to get there. The comic produced plenty of good antagonists after the Governor for the show to draw from.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:20 am

Tavish wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:It's my belief that the Governor is the main antagonist in much of the graphic novel, right? I have no idea how close they're following that (and I imagine the answer is 'not much'), but I think we've got him for at least the remainder of the season, if not further into the future. The problem once he's gone is coming up with another primary antagonist.

The show and comic will sometimes get to the same points in the storyline but typically take completely different paths to get there. The comic produced plenty of good antagonists after the Governor for the show to draw from.

It seems that we'll be introduced to one of them soon enough. I enjoyed the mid-season finale. Good action. I'll miss Herschel (which is strange considering how much I didn't care for his character initially. He really grew into the 'Dale' role so well that he made me not miss Dale at all). I'm glad the Governor has come and gone. Ready to move on to something else. I imagine we'll spend much of the next episode in February catching up with where all the characters scattered to, in the same way that we did after Herschel's farm was set on fire and everyone scattered. At any rate, still loving this show.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 370)

Postby J35J » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Yup, can't wait for Feb. The characters are back on the run and scattered...not to mention Rick is hurt pretty bad with just his son for help so that should be interesting. But yeah, definitely glad they are back on the run and all that that entails.

I will say it's pretty tiring seeing everyone be one hand, one shot, head shot killers though....very very few people in the world could pull off those shots as consistently as they do, but then when it's a fire fight between other groups they can't even hit the broad side of a barn with fully auto machine guns. Then these rifles and even handguns for that matter that just ricochet off filing cabinets and not penetrating vehicles, etc, etc, etc...just not realistic at all. Yeah, I understand zombies=not realistic and all that but I'm ready to see a zombie/survival type show like this that displays what would be more realistic scenarios and outcomes. I understand there are some things that just wouldn't be interesting to watch in a show/movie but there are certainly things they could make more realistic and have it be a much better show.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 421)

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:00 am

bigh0rt wrote: I'll miss Herschel
...I'm glad the Governor has come and gone.
..catching up with where all the characters scattered to,
grrr.
i missed the finale :-{
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:01 am

J35J wrote:The characters are back on the run and scattered.
..not to mention Rick is hurt pretty bad with just his son for help so that should be interesting.
:-{
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:05 pm

J35J wrote:Yup, can't wait for Feb. The characters are back on the run and scattered...not to mention Rick is hurt pretty bad with just his son for help so that should be interesting. But yeah, definitely glad they are back on the run and all that that entails.

I will say it's pretty tiring seeing everyone be one hand, one shot, head shot killers though....very very few people in the world could pull off those shots as consistently as they do, but then when it's a fire fight between other groups they can't even hit the broad side of a barn with fully auto machine guns. Then these rifles and even handguns for that matter that just ricochet off filing cabinets and not penetrating vehicles, etc, etc, etc...just not realistic at all. Yeah, I understand zombies=not realistic and all that but I'm ready to see a zombie/survival type show like this that displays what would be more realistic scenarios and outcomes. I understand there are some things that just wouldn't be interesting to watch in a show/movie but there are certainly things they could make more realistic and have it be a much better show.

Forget about the headshots, what about Carl shooting at the new guys from 100+ yards with a shotgun? lol
It also bugs me is how easily they punch through skulls. Skulls seem to be like eggshells for these guys.
suspension of disbelief I guess.

It was a terrific finale (wtf is this mid-season finale stuff?). Love the killing of the governor, although we didnt see him actually die. I wanted Tyreese to buy it in this episode.

I thought for sure that Carol would make an appearance there. Daryl has now taken over as the coolest guy on TV.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk