AMC's The Walking Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AMC's The Walking Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby HybridTheory » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:21 pm

Yeah, Daryl won't like that too much at all. Interesting to see how that plays out.
HybridTheory
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:38 am

The first 30 minutes of this week is worlds better than the last what? 5 episodes?
How many stars can they kill off in one week?
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 754)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:01 am

wrveres wrote:The first 30 minutes of this week is worlds better than the last what? 5 episodes?
How many stars can they kill off in one week?

This was the first episode I was able to watch live. Finally all caught up. I don't know that any stars were killed off (though I was legitimately concerned that Glen was going to possibly turn). It was a good way to get rid of the tertiary characters who joined the prison from the town at the end of Season 3. Someone in this thread I think anticipated it after the Season Premiere, and they hit the nail on the head.

What I'm interested in is why such a severe flu epidemic hit and why it was so severe (if there is more to that story). Also I can't get enough of them having to fight off huge groups of walkers. I feel like it's such a simplistic thing, but I fall for it every time, essentially no matter what. A huge group attacks, and I'm engaged.

My students who watch the show and have read the graphic novels seemed to be pretty pumped this morning about whatever they are anticipating to be coming up soon. So that was also encouraging.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 359)

Postby wrveres » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:27 am

bigh0rt wrote:Someone in this thread I think anticipated it after the Season Premiere, and they hit the nail on the head.
that somebody was me.

I thought Glen was a goner for sure, and i still cant figure how Hershel survives that room. Airborne virus, people spitting poisonous blood, a zombie with a gun, and he did it all on one good leg. ... so, Carol, Glen and Hershel looked to be goners .. in a week.

oh, and this show could go on for a decade if Carl and that little blond girl they keep showcasing hook up ...
We just need the governor to procreate with Michonne, and they'd have the perfect villain
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:58 am

Wasn't too crazy about this episode especially with seeing the Governor at the end as I don't like that guy or his character. What's the bet that Carol shows up to get involved with the Governor storyline when you least expect it? Either saving them or helping the Governor.
They've got to get out of the prison and get on the road again.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Wasn't too crazy about this episode especially with seeing the Governor at the end as I don't like that guy or his character. What's the bet that Carol shows up to get involved with the Governor storyline when you least expect it? Either saving them or helping the Governor.
They've got to get out of the prison and get on the road again.

It's my belief that the Governor is the main antagonist in much of the graphic novel, right? I have no idea how close they're following that (and I imagine the answer is 'not much'), but I think we've got him for at least the remainder of the season, if not further into the future. The problem once he's gone is coming up with another primary antagonist. You've always got the walkers, but people tend to generally want a central force, be it finding out that there's somewhere someone (or some group) behind the outbreak, who they can go after (which would SO be the TV thing to do, and I'd probably hate) or what have you. People will only follow along with people just trying to survive for so long (or so television networks would have you think, based on their plot developments) without having some strong central villain/group. For a little while you had Shane, to a degree, and then you had Hershel's group on the farm, again, to a degree.

I definitely prefer when they're on the run, though, and hope that they vacate the prison soon enough.

I will say, though, that I've really enjoyed the show as a whole. I was expecting at some point to kind of be over the whole premise, but I'm far from it here mid-way through the 4th season.

As an aside, I really hated when the first old guy died cause I really liked him and couldn't stand Hershel. Now I like Hershel so much that I can't even remember the first old guy's name.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Thoughts on the Governor-centric episode?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kab21 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:46 am

bigh0rt wrote:Thoughts on the Governor-centric episode?

Best episode of the season so far.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby wrveres » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:33 am

i missed last week, but im up to speed now.
if i do story sync, does it make me a nerd?
Rafael

wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:39 am

wrveres wrote:i missed last week, but im up to speed now.
if i do story sync, does it make me a nerd?

I don't know what that is, but tell me and I'm all in.

I liked this little divergence over the last two episodes leading us back to where we were at. I liked last week a lot, and then I really liked this week as well.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk