AMC's The Walking Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AMC's The Walking Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:22 am

RedHopeful wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Someone's gotta die this weekend... right?

Besides the governor, one would think so...

Hmm, so pretty much everyone in Woodbury besides the gov. :-b

How about little Carl becoming the next menace? If I was Rick, I'd have beaten the kid's ass for all that lip!
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:50 am

But the kid was right (and that was the highlight of that rather underwhelming finale)
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby HybridTheory » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:54 am

StlSluggers wrote:But the kid was right (and that was the highlight of that rather underwhelming finale)

Absolutely was right. They told that guy to drop the gun, he didn't, so bang. I totally agree with Carl on that one.
HybridTheory
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 14)

Re: Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:11 pm

HybridTheory wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:But the kid was right (and that was the highlight of that rather underwhelming finale)

Absolutely was right. They told that guy to drop the gun, he didn't, so bang. I totally agree with Carl on that one.

Nod, thought it was pretty str8 forward too. You give the enemy an opportunity but he didn't comply. In the Talking Dead, 50% of the votes agreed with us in regards to waxing the boy.

Sluggers, no doubt the boy was right about dad's failure to act has led to undesired consequences in the past. However, as a father to what, a 10 year old, are you going to let him talk to you like that?

One thing I was curious about was why did the writers decide to not show the Governor again in the episode? Where are we to assume they went after his shooting spree?
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Pretty weak ending to season 3. No cliffhanger at all. I was hoping for a "who short JR" moment. The big war that had been building for weeks, was really weak. They should of ended it before opening the door to Andrea. Is she dead or a alive type of thing.

Oh and I agree, Carl should of shot the kid.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:45 pm

I don't understand why the Governor didn't go back to Woodbury after he shot 25 of his towns people and just say that they were massacred by the prison or something ... instead he leaves the town behind?

Kid didn't drop the gun and Carl was right to shoot him, but he's a smart ass punk and future serial killer. Don't like him much.

Anti climactic finale. Bringing everyone back to the prison? Why not send a couple people back for those at the prison and hole up in Woodbury?

My zombie shows need more realism to them.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Bwanna » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:11 pm

bigken117 wrote:I don't understand why the Governor didn't go back to Woodbury after he shot 25 of his towns people and just say that they were massacred by the prison or something ... instead he leaves the town behind?

I just assumed he was headed back to the town eventually.

bigken117 wrote:Kid didn't drop the gun and Carl was right to shoot him, but he's a smart ass punk and future serial killer. Don't like him much.

Yeah, he did the right thing, but I don't dislike him - he's just a bad actor, not unexpected because he's a kid.

bigken117 wrote:Anti climactic finale. Bringing everyone back to the prison? Why not send a couple people back for those at the prison and hole up in Woodbury?

Hmm. Too many unknowns at Woodbury? I dunno, good question.

bigken117 wrote:My zombie shows need more realism to them.

Good luck with that.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:33 pm

bigken117 wrote:I don't understand why the Governor didn't go back to Woodbury after he shot 25 of his towns people and just say that they were massacred by the prison or something ... instead he leaves the town behind?

I figured there wasn't really anything left at Woodbury. Anyone capable of handling a gun was with him already, save Tyrese and his sister. Everyone left at Woodbury was old or incapable of fighting. I am okay with him being a rogue threat somewhere out there.

Bringing everyone back to the prison? Why not send a couple people back for those at the prison and hole up in Woodbury?

I thought this initially too, but with the Governor still out there I'm not sure I'd want to hold up in Woodbury either. He built the place, he knows all the ins and outs and odds are his sole purpose in life is to kill Michonne/the rest of the group since he destroyed everything else he had. Better to stick with what you know rather than walk into the Gov's world.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:48 pm

I don't go to Woodbury because it's harder to defend and I have a lot of dependent people.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Bwanna wrote:
bigken117 wrote:Kid didn't drop the gun and Carl was right to shoot him, but he's a smart ass punk and future serial killer. Don't like him much.

Yeah, he did the right thing, but I don't dislike him - he's just a bad actor, not unexpected because he's a kid.

Blame the bad show genes. :-b

As far as taking the Woodburians in, Rick Grimes has now taken the first step in repopulating the world.

RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk