AMC's The Walking Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AMC's The Walking Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:06 am

Art Vandelay wrote:The thing that bugs me most about zombie movies (or TV shows) is that nobody in the movie has ever seen a fricking zombie movie.

haha that always bothers me, too. and they never even call them zombies most of the time... :-[

and this show is awesome
you're missing out

it's 9pm central on sunday nights, m16a
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Metroid » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:24 am

I just suspend my personal knowledge of zombies and pretend like this is an imaginary time when people didn't know what zombies are. I know that's far fetched but whatever, zombie stuff is rad. It's seriously my favorite genre with post apocalyptic stuff. I've watched the first two episodes on On Demand...wow. This is exactly what I have been dreaming of, a zombie television series. I really hope it lasts because I'm really into it.

Spoilers:
I'm a little bummed that dudes wife is unlikeable right off the bat though. It would have been nice to make her a little more endearing before showing her whoring out and banging her husband's partner. I dunno, I'm starting to wonder if that hadn't been going on before he was in his coma though.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:35 am

Metroid wrote:Spoilers:
I'm a little bummed that dudes wife is unlikeable right off the bat though. It would have been nice to make her a little more endearing before showing her whoring out and banging her husband's partner. I dunno, I'm starting to wonder if that hadn't been going on before he was in his coma though.

I assumed that's what they were talking about in the car at the beginning of the first epi.

Also, this is a 6-epi season and they were already reupped for 12 more epis next year, iirc.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Metroid » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:05 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Metroid wrote:Spoilers:

I assumed that's what they were talking about in the car at the beginning of the first epi.

Also, this is a 6-epi season and they were already reupped for 12 more epis next year, iirc.

That's kinda what I was thinking as well.

I'm stoked there are at least 18 more episodes to look forward to!! ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRock » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:25 am

Art Vandelay wrote:The thing that bugs me most about zombi movies (or TV shows) is that nobody in the movie has ever seen a fricking zombie movie. If you're watching a vampire movie (or whatever) and someone in the movie says "I'm a vampire" everyone else is like "cool, so you're immortal, you live off blood, you can't go out in the sun, etc." but in zombie movies nobody has ever heard of a zombie and it takes them half the movie just to figure out what they are and how they got that way and how to kill them and all that stuff that everyone already knows about zombies. For some reason that really sticks in my craw. That's not to say that every zombie movie is bad, just that the genre as a whole is lacking.

Well, that's a defining characteristic of the genre. Part of the lore of vampires is that they've always been around, dating back at least to the middle ages in Transylvania. Vampires create more vampires, most films don't bother exploring where they originally came from. So it makes sense that people would have at least heard of vampires, even if they thought it was all a tale.

There are no zombies. Never have been. In any zombie tale, you don't have a zombie, you have a zombie apocalypse. No one is prepared for it because it's never happened before.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:54 am

TheRock wrote:There are no zombies. Never have been. In any zombie tale, you don't have a zombie, you have a zombie apocalypse. No one is prepared for it because it's never happened before.

Except, if zombies were to happen right now, I would think "No way. Zombies are real?" and not "Let's call them geeks."
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bleach168 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:09 pm

I'm totally digging this show so far. I like that it's not just a zombie horror show but tries to inject some social commentary as well.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:19 pm

bleach168 wrote:I'm totally digging this show so far. I like that it's not just a zombie horror show but tries to inject some social commentary as well.

Like how effed up downtown Atlanta is. I'm glad someone finally said it!
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:37 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
bleach168 wrote:I'm totally digging this show so far. I like that it's not just a zombie horror show but tries to inject some social commentary as well.

Like how effed up downtown Atlanta is. I'm glad someone finally said it!

pretty sure it was filmed in Detroit ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:39 am

StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:The thing that bugs me most about zombie movies (or TV shows) is that nobody in the movie has ever seen a fricking zombie movie.

haha that always bothers me, too. and they never even call them zombies most of the time... :-[

"Don't use the zed word!"

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk