AMC's The Walking Dead - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

AMC's The Walking Dead

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 am

New show on AMC about a disease which re-animates the dead. Pretty much the same as the idea behind World War Z, but it's only following a single storyline. I just watched the pilot and really enjoyed it, the show has the potential to be really, really good.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AMC's The Walking Dead

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:40 am

I almost watched this simply because it's on AMC, which can basically do no wrong when it comes to original programming, but then I remembered that the whole 'zombie' genre pretty much sucks, so I didn't even give it a chance. I've heard nothing but good things about it though.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:49 am

Art Vandelay wrote:...but then I remembered that the whole 'zombie' genre pretty much sucks...

I used to think you were cool. :-/
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:01 am

Oh and I just watched this 5 minute trailer....holy crap that looks so freaking awesome!!!! I love zombie stuff....man, I wish I had the time to watch it as it airs but I'm going to have to catch it later. :,-(
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:11 am

I watched the first epsode and it was outstanding.. (though I do tend to enjoy zombie stuff, so may be a bit biased..) tried to watch episode 2 last night and it is not populating on my on-demand.. frustrating..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:24 pm

The thing that bugs me most about zombi movies (or TV shows) is that nobody in the movie has ever seen a fricking zombie movie. If you're watching a vampire movie (or whatever) and someone in the movie says "I'm a vampire" everyone else is like "cool, so you're immortal, you live off blood, you can't go out in the sun, etc." but in zombie movies nobody has ever heard of a zombie and it takes them half the movie just to figure out what they are and how they got that way and how to kill them and all that stuff that everyone already knows about zombies. For some reason that really sticks in my craw. That's not to say that every zombie movie is bad, just that the genre as a whole is lacking.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:The thing that bugs me most about zombi movies (or TV shows) is that nobody in the movie has ever seen a fricking zombie movie. If you're watching a vampire movie (or whatever) and someone in the movie says "I'm a vampire" everyone else is like "cool, so you're immortal, you live off blood, you can't go out in the sun, etc." but in zombie movies nobody has ever heard of a zombie and it takes them half the movie just to figure out what they are and how they got that way and how to kill them and all that stuff that everyone already knows about zombies. For some reason that really sticks in my craw. That's not to say that every zombie movie is bad, just that the genre as a whole is lacking.

Never much liked that. I would rather enjoy a zombie movie about a group of survivors that knew how to handle zombies and were somehow prepared for it. Unfortunately, it would make no money, since it wouldn't be a terribly interesting film. I'd like it though. But yeah. Theyn are still entertaining movies. It's fun to watch people's stupidity. As for the show, I have been considering giving it a look. What time does it air?
m16a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterFootball Mod
(Past Year: 13)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:The thing that bugs me most about zombi movies (or TV shows) is that nobody in the movie has ever seen a fricking zombie movie. If you're watching a vampire movie (or whatever) and someone in the movie says "I'm a vampire" everyone else is like "cool, so you're immortal, you live off blood, you can't go out in the sun, etc." but in zombie movies nobody has ever heard of a zombie and it takes them half the movie just to figure out what they are and how they got that way and how to kill them and all that stuff that everyone already knows about zombies. For some reason that really sticks in my craw. That's not to say that every zombie movie is bad, just that the genre as a whole is lacking.

This show doesn't have this problem. It basically completely skips the "outbreak" and gets right into the survival. Also everyone knows how to kill them.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:09 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
This show doesn't have this problem. It basically completely skips the "outbreak" and gets right into the survival. Also everyone knows how to kill them.

seeing as though they have to make an entire TV season as opposed to just a 2 hr movie, I am quite sure that we will have an epidode or 2 (or a whole story arc) about the outbreak and how it began and how people learned how to kill them..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:08 am

it's good stuff...BTW it's based off a graphic novel of the same name
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk