Trade: 5 for 2 package - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade: 5 for 2 package

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade: 5 for 2 package

Postby bigieshake » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:48 am

Just wanted to thank all of those that have responded with such informative information about my keeper trade offers. I have this big one that just came up.

Mike Stanton
Erick Aybar
Brandon Belt
Zach Cox
Rick Porcello

for my:

Prince Fielder and Pedro Alvarez

here's my team so far that I'm keeping for 2011. As you can see, i was in last place in 2010. Pretty terrible.
R. Martin
Fielder
Beckham
Alvarez
A. Gordon
BJ Upton
Laporta

Beckett
Zimmerman
Price
Masterson

Thoughts? For me, it's pretty tempting to pull the trigger...

Thanks again for taking your time to respond!
Ed
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim???

The Angels Angels of Anaheim. Go Halos!
bigieshake
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade: 5 for 2 package

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:26 am

Fielder side by a lot
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby MaudDib » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 am

Rule of thumb is the team getting the best player wins the deal. Giving up Fielder is going to hurt a lot because none of those players you are getting in return are going to match his production next year. Saying that, i do think this is pretty tempting. Stanton has the ability to put up numbers similar to Fielder any time now and as early as this coming season. He strikes out a ton but so did Ryan Howard. I also like Porcello but he has a lot to prove after a pretty bad couple of years. I have heard a lot of good things about Belt but he is still far from a sure thing. I mean really it boils down to what you think this will do for you. It is either going to cripple your team and make it harder to turn it around because one or none of the players will do anything productive for you or you will get 3-4 very productive players and this will help get your team into the top of the rankings. It is big risk and I am not sure I am enough of a believer in any of those players to take that deal. But that is just me.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby RunReyesRun » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:01 am

I don't like that deal for you. You are getting a whole bunch of mediocrity in exchange for 2 quality guys. Stay put.
RunReyesRun
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby fast dogs » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:59 pm

to me this is the least desirable offer so far; Alvarez & Stanton are the kinds of players you want to rebuild with; and it costs you 1 to get the other. With every offer you've posted it looks like you are planning on throwing away 2012 & trying to be better some year down the road. I just wouldn't trade away your 1 top 50 player w/o getting more major league ready players back. Are you asking for players or just taking offers? I just never wanted to play for 2-3 years away before this year even starts
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 304)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:30 pm

I think your best option here is to wait until your draft. Some of the guys that you are looking to acquire could very well be available in your draft. Your team really isn't that bad. It is by no means ready to compete but it isn't that far off either.

Fielder is your best player
Price is a perfectly fine #1
Beckett has the ability to be a #1
Alvarez is young and could be a top 5 3B in the very near future
Beckham is young and should be a lot better than he was last year
Zimmermann is another young arm with #2/3 upside
Upton has always had the talent and could eventually do something for an entire season

Plus this is a 20 team league so you aren't going to have very many stud players. If you wait until after the draft, other teams will know what kind of holes they have and you might be able to swing a deal that would work better for you.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby fast dogs » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Waiting until after the draft could be the right way to go; right now no 1 is in need, no 1 has any real reason to trade their top prospects.Maybe trading a draft pick to a team that has more talent than your settings allow kept. It seems you are itching to make a deal, that "pretty tempting" offer you are considering to me isn't all that good. 3rd basemen in a 20 team league aren't going to be easy to come by
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 304)

UPDATED: Trade: 3 for 1 package

Postby bigieshake » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:11 pm

fast dogs wrote:to me this is the least desirable offer so far; Alvarez & Stanton are the kinds of players you want to rebuild with; and it costs you 1 to get the other. With every offer you've posted it looks like you are planning on throwing away 2012 & trying to be better some year down the road. I just wouldn't trade away your 1 top 50 player w/o getting more major league ready players back. Are you asking for players or just taking offers? I just never wanted to play for 2-3 years away before this year even starts

Thanks for the reply guys! Yeah, I've been getting lots and lots of offers for Fielder and Beckett. I've always been weary of trading players, but that hasn't bode so well for me. I thought I would change it up a bit and just go for it. But that's where you guys come in. You all have been keeping me in check.

I rejected the offer that they proposed and they sent me another one without Pedro Alvarez and instead a 3rd round pick for their 5th round. keep in mind, I do have the 1st overall pick and it is not a snake draft.

So the deal would be:

Prince and 3rd rounder for Stanton, Porcello, and Belt.

I am usually the one to wait til the draft is done, but I always have a "what if i had traded for those players before the draft" feeling.

What do you guys think about the current trade offer now?

Appreciate it! hope i haven't been to bothersome with these questions.

Ed

bigieshake
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigieshake » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:12 pm

if you guys don't think this is good, i might just have to wait for more offers and see what people are going to offer.

bigieshake
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:52 pm

You are not getting anything near enough for Fielder.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions