Dynasty League - Need trade help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dynasty League - Need trade help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty League - Need trade help

Postby kungfuwig » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Ok, so I am negotiations for Prince Fielder. Now a little background information. The league started in 2009 and I jumped in in 2010. I have the Kansas City Royals, so my salary cap is not too large. I am trying to rebuild for 2012 and have the pieces to obtain Fielder. My first concern is that Fielder's going to be a FA and I would need to re-sign him at $22.5m a year when my salary cap is $80m. I should be able to afford that because I have a lot of MiLB players almost ready to go. My second concern is who I would be giving up, the trade is...

Eric Hosmer
John Lamb
Nick Weglarz

for

Prince Fielder

...of course Hosmer is the big chip here, but I would have Fielder replace him and I have Moustakas, Morel, and Neftali Soto to take up the 2nd CI spot in my starting line up. I can afford to give up Lamb because I have Mike Montgomery, Jarrod Parker, Kyle Drabek, Zach Britton, Casey Kelly, and Alex Wimmers to Pitch for me. My worry is Weglarz. He should start out of the gate this year and my 3 OF's right now are Michael Brantley, Cameron Maybin, and Juan Rivera with little support coming from the minors. Do you think that I can resolve this issue before 2012? Do you think that Fielder will continue to be a top 5 CI? He has the 2nd most points in my league over the last 2 years.
kungfuwig
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty League - Need trade help

Postby MaudDib » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:05 pm

This is really tough. I like Hosmer a lot and think he can be a big time hitter. As good as Fielder probably not but I also don't know how Fielder will age. I think you do this trade because as we usually say the team get the best player usually wins the trade. The salary will hurt but there is no guarantee that Hosmer will play next season which will also hurt you team.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Re: Dynasty League - Need trade help

Postby kungfuwig » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:16 pm

Well my main goal is to compete in 2012, but with this trade there is a chance I could do ok this next year. This is my hopeful 2012 roster if I do the trade...

C - Carlos Santana $0.5m
CI - Mike Moustakas $0.5m
CI - Prince Fielder $0.5m
MI - Danny Espinosa $0.5m
MI - Howie Kendrick $6.5m
OF - Michael Brantley $0.5m
OF - Cameron Maybin $0.5m
OF - David Lough, Angel Morales, Derrick Robinson or FA
UTIL - Brent Morel $0.5m
SP - Mike Montgomery
SP - Kyle Drabek
SP - Zach Britton
SP - Scott Baker
SP - Alex Wimmers
RP - Neftali Soto
RP - Collin Balester
RP - Joakim Soria
RP - Koji Uehera
RP - ??
RP - ??

Other top MiLB players who might not be up yet...
Jarrod Parker
Casey Kelly
Tim Melville
Ivan De Jesus
Johnny Giavotella
Jean Segura

...even after this trade I will have $14.5m of cap space to try and fill holes.
kungfuwig
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions