Keeper: Fielder & Beckett for Ike Davis, Scherzer, & Cliff - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper: Fielder & Beckett for Ike Davis, Scherzer, & Cliff

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper: Fielder & Beckett for Ike Davis, Scherzer, & Cliff

Postby bigieshake » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:35 am

Hi everybody!

Trade is:

My 4th round pick, Fielder and Beckett for Ike Davis, Scherzer, Cliff Lee, and his 9th round pick.

I came out in last place last year and I want to bounce back. It's a 20 team league and here are my "best keepers" for next year. I have to keep 14. one player at each position allowed.

R. Martin
Fielder
Beckham
Alvarez
A. Gordon
BJ Upton
Laporta

Beckett
Zimmerman
Price
Masterson

Pretty terrible huh? i'm in rebuilding stage and don't expect to win next year. so what do you think?

Thanks for your help as always guys!

Ed
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim???

The Angels Angels of Anaheim. Go Halos!
bigieshake
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper: Fielder & Beckett for Ike Davis, Scherzer, & Cliff

Postby MaudDib » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Not a fan of this. If you are in rebuild mode, then I would be looking to get better prospects and ditch Lee. Just the trade alone without looking at your team, I still probably wouldn't do that deal. I am not very confident in how long Lee is going to remain a top notch SP, his body is breaking down and I would rather have someone else take that risk especially if you are rebuilding this team. Davis and Scherzer are far from sure things. I think Davis can be a good 1B but I am not sure if he will ever break in to the top 5 and Scherzer is a good SP but more of a #3/4/5 kind of guy. Giving up Fielder, I would see if you could make some moves for guys like Bruce, Justin Upton, Kershaw, or Rasmus. Basically guys that are still young and are on the verge of breaking out. Not easy by any means but I like the upside of these guys more than I like the upside of the guys in the trade above. I would target teams that are close to the top of the league, who would be willing to let go of some younger talent in the hopes of winning this year.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:15 pm

If you are in rebuilding mode and wanting to trade Fielder and Beckett, I would be looking for some more young talent in return besides Scherzer. Like Maud said, shoot for Bruce, Rasmus, and others in that territory that have not yet broken out just yet and could have your team on the upswing this coming season.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigieshake » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Thanks guys for the input. Come to think about it, your advice makes lots of sense. I'm going to look elsewhere. Thanks again! ;-D
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim???

The Angels Angels of Anaheim. Go Halos!
bigieshake
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions