Get rid of Girardi please! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Get rid of Girardi please!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Get rid of Girardi please!

Postby rib217 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:19 pm

He's your classic overmanager, as well as I'm just going to play matchups, take no risks and do it by the book kind of guy. GET RID OF HIM!!! Yankees bats were pretty poor this postseason but Girardi made all their problems ten times worse with his decisions.

Please don't bring him back!!
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Get rid of Girardi please!

Postby pjalst » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:42 pm

I would have to disagree. I think the Yankees have a pitching problem and not a managerial one. Even if the Yankee bats came alive during the ALCS, there pitching gave up too many runs for it to make a difference any way.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby rib217 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:02 pm

pjalst wrote:I would have to disagree. I think the Yankees have a pitching problem and not a managerial one. Even if the Yankee bats came alive during the ALCS, there pitching gave up too many runs for it to make a difference any way.

I totally agree that the Yankee bullpen is a disaster outside of Wood who we only had briefly and Mo.
However, the thing that comes to mind most is there in game 6 you pull Hughes and of all people to bring in you pick Robertson?!?!?! His last outing entailed 1/3 innings work and 5 runs. Why not Wood? Heck, why not CC?!?! Girardi said CC could go 30 to 40 pitches if needed, instead Girardi goes by the book and brings in possibly their worst reliever for matchup reasons and completely lets the game get out of control.

Also why even start Hughes opposed to Pettite in Game 6? Its win or go home, Pettitte has the most wins of any pitcher in postseason history, let him get you to game 7, not a shaky Hughes.

All in all, Girardi not just this season but in the past has proven that although the bullpen is awful he finds a way to maximize its weaknesses!
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

Postby pjalst » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:45 pm

rib217 wrote:
pjalst wrote:I would have to disagree. I think the Yankees have a pitching problem and not a managerial one. Even if the Yankee bats came alive during the ALCS, there pitching gave up too many runs for it to make a difference any way.

I totally agree that the Yankee bullpen is a disaster outside of Wood who we only had briefly and Mo.
However, the thing that comes to mind most is there in game 6 you pull Hughes and of all people to bring in you pick Robertson?!?!?! His last outing entailed 1/3 innings work and 5 runs. Why not Wood? Heck, why not CC?!?! Girardi said CC could go 30 to 40 pitches if needed, instead Girardi goes by the book and brings in possibly their worst reliever for matchup reasons and completely lets the game get out of control.

Also why even start Hughes opposed to Pettite in Game 6? Its win or go home, Pettitte has the most wins of any pitcher in postseason history, let him get you to game 7, not a shaky Hughes.

All in all, Girardi not just this season but in the past has proven that although the bullpen is awful he finds a way to maximize its weaknesses!

I agree, you go with the veteran Pettitte, who has pitched on short rest before.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pjalst » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:23 am

I guess the Yankees disagree with you also http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/ ... MxSR1lVRaJ
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rib217 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:07 pm

My day has taken a turn for the worst upon hearing this news.
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

Return to New York Yankees