News of the weird/funny/pointless - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

News of the weird/funny/pointless

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby zepfan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Sorry I guess I should have put one of these. ;-7

Nationalism is for suckas.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Tavish wrote:I'm guessing there has never been a fist fight between Leaf and Hab fans.

never, ever, while receiving free dialysis at one of our publicly funded health care facilities.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Tavish » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Canada to stop penny production. I've long been a big proponent of the US doing the same thing.

Roscoe W. Chandler: The nickel today is not what it used to be ten years ago.
Captain Spaulding : Well, I'll go further than that. I'll get off at the depot. The nickel today is not what it was fifteen years ago. Do you know what this country needs today?
Chandler: What?
Spaudling: A seven cent nickel. Yes siree, we've been using the five-cent nickel in this country since 1492. Now that's pretty near 100 years daylight saving. Now why not give the seven cent nickel a chance? If that works out, next year we can have an eight cent nickel. Think what that would mean? You could go to a newsstand, buy a three cent newspaper, and get the same nickerl back again. One nickel carefully used would last a family a life-time.
Chandler: Captain Spaulding, I think that is a wonderful idea.
Spaulding: You do, eh?
Chandler: Yes.
Spaudling: Well, then there can't be much to it. Forget about it.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:48 am

I can understand the outrage for Guillens comments in Miami, but I don't understand the national coverage/outrage. Where are all the Che wearing progressives with their support for Ozzie? Shouldn't they be just as outraged that Ozzie was suspended from his job? Where are all the college professors and their flock that preach Che on a regular basis with their support? I can't believe that we haven't heard from Micheal Moore yet. Hollywood loves Che, I can't believe they are staying silent here.

Hypocrites.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:16 pm

wrveres wrote:I can understand the outrage for Guillens comments in Miami, but I don't understand the national coverage/outrage. Where are all the Che wearing progressives with their support for Ozzie? Shouldn't they be just as outraged that Ozzie was suspended from his job? Where are all the college professors and their flock that preach Che on a regular basis with their support? I can't believe that we haven't heard from Micheal Moore yet. Hollywood loves Che, I can't believe they are staying silent here.

Hypocrites.

the outrage over this is hilariously overblown. if people want to get mad about something, maybe it should be something that actually matters like all the baseball players getting DUIs.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Skin Blues » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:02 pm

wrveres wrote:I can understand the outrage for Guillens comments in Miami, but I don't understand the national coverage/outrage. Where are all the Che wearing progressives with their support for Ozzie? Shouldn't they be just as outraged that Ozzie was suspended from his job? Where are all the college professors and their flock that preach Che on a regular basis with their support? I can't believe that we haven't heard from Micheal Moore yet. Hollywood loves Che, I can't believe they are staying silent here.

Hypocrites.

I really doubt that a bunch of 18 year old potheads that have Che Guevara t-shirts and posters are aware of Ozzie Guillen being suspended. I haven't encountered a lot of college professors "preaching che", whatever that means. Who exactly are you calling a hypocrite, here? Sounds like you've got a lot of vitriol but nobody to direct it towards.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:16 pm

Skin Blues wrote:

Hypocrites.

I really doubt that a bunch of 18 year old potheads that have Che Guevara t-shirts and posters are aware of Ozzie Guillen being suspended. I haven't encountered a lot of college professors "preaching che", whatever that means. Who exactly are you calling a hypocrite, here? Sounds like you've got a lot of vitriol but nobody to direct it towards.

I think he is referring to the pretentious hipsters that roam the streets of san Francisco..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby Tavish » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:37 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:I think he is referring to the pretentious hipsters that roam the streets of san Francisco..

Don't sell wr's hatred short. It's target is a much wider audience than you are giving credit.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Tavish wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:I think he is referring to the pretentious hipsters that roam the streets of san Francisco..

Don't sell wr's hatred short. It's target is a much wider audience than you are giving credit.

Whoops.. Didn't scroll up enough, thought it was GFs post.

Let me rephrase:

I think he is referring to the pretentious hipsters that roam the streets of san Diego..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:53 am

" I love Fidel Castro" gets you a 5 game suspension?
What........

Hey cafe..............I LOVE HENRY VIII

Yellow card/ban?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk