News of the weird/funny/pointless - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

News of the weird/funny/pointless

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby zepfan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:30 pm

I don't even know what to say about this, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it...

Senate approves $662 billion defense bill

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:40 pm

bill that would require the military to hold suspected terrorists linked to al-Qaida or its affiliates, even those captured on U.S. soil, and detain some indefinitely.

to be clear, this doesn't apply to american citizens
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby John Kramer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:58 pm

StlSluggers wrote:You can read more about that bull crap by clicking the link.

Requiring people to pay for the expenses incurred by their choice to do something is "bull crap"?

Skin Blues wrote:When is the charade about "free country" going to stop?

Stop? People are only getting worse as far as what they mistakenly think they are entitled to.
I want to play a game. The rules are simple. All you have to do is sit here and talk to me. Listen to me. We haven't been properly introduced. My name is John.

Live or die. Make your choice.
John Kramer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:05 pm

John Kramer wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:You can read more about that bull crap by clicking the link.

Requiring people to pay for the expenses incurred by their choice to do something is "bull crap"?

They already pay taxes the pay for the capitol police. Should the people who don't do "incur expenses" get a refund?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:28 pm

StlSluggers wrote:They already pay taxes the pay for the capitol police. Should the people who don't "incur expenses" get a refund?
yes.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 660)

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:38 pm

John Kramer wrote:Stop? People are only getting worse as far as what they mistakenly think they are entitled to.
ain't that the truth!

Let's remind ourselves where this all started. The public workers have decided that they shouldn't have to pay for their benefits and retirement. Politicians, in order to get elected, agreed. For decades! Now the people who pay for those "benefits" are calling BS and demanding they pay something.

The left response to the situation was akin to a child's temper tantrum and they did a chitload of damage.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:57 pm

You guys crack me up and scare me poopless at the same time.

Your reaction on whether an issue is a vile breach of civil rights or the rightful reaction to crackpot extremists depends on which party you support. There is no middle ground here, both sides are irrational and extreme.

The frightening part is how far apart the parties are on all issues and how much you hate each other. Republicans should get all the southern states and democrats should get everything north of Richmond and west of Utah. Do this before it erupts into a bloodbath. Again.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby wrveres » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:You guys crack me up and scare me poopless at the same time.

Your reaction on whether an issue is a vile breach of civil rights or the rightful reaction to crackpot extremists depends on which party you support. There is no middle ground here, both sides are irrational and extreme.

The frightening part is how far apart the parties are on all issues and how much you hate each other. Republicans should get all the southern states and democrats should get everything north of Richmond and west of Utah. Do this before it erupts into a bloodbath. Again.

You ain't seen nothing yet. Wait till the Fed has to pick up tab for the world's 7th largest economy, California. That bill is coming due soon.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby thedude » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:58 pm

That isn't true at all. The majority of Americans do not have such strong feelings. Of course, since those people do not feel strongly, they do not waste their time arguing with those on the extremes.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk