News of the weird/funny/pointless - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

News of the weird/funny/pointless

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: News of the weird/funny/pointless

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:32 pm

The question has been asked in the media lately "Is Casey Anthony in danger when she is released?" Based on this, I'd guess to the affirmative. And yes, Anthony is still behind bars when this happened. Link

An Oklahoma woman whose car was rammed as she drove away from the convenience store where she works says she was mistaken for Casey Anthony, KOTV reports.

"I said, 'Oh my God, help me,'" Blackwell tells KOTV's Lacie Lowry. "She hit me again, causing my vehicle to flip two and a half times, landing on the driver's side, and I just laid there playing dead."

"She said that I was trying to hurt babies, I was killing babies, and she was going to stop it before it happened again," Blackwell recalls.
scottaa1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thedude » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:46 pm

With the humidity stifling and the temperature soaring into the 90s, Bobby Kirk said this was not a good day for fishing.

"It was no good this morning. I never got a bite," Kirk said, standing in the shade of his porch off Rogers Road, one of the few dirt roads left in Oconee County. "I reckon it was too hot."

But the previous week, the 76-year-old man had caught the largest fish of his life -- a 40 pound flathead catfish.

"I sold him for $40," Kirk said as he chewed on a wad of J.D.'s Blend tobacco.

Kirk, who is known in this neck of the woods as an expert at training beagles to run rabbits, said he fishes most days at Lake Oconee, especially around the Dyar Pasture area of Greene County.

Real news story
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Finally, one to file under "pointless".

"I cold-process them in a jar and when you get ready to eat peas, you can take that tomato out and put it in your peas," he said.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)

Postby thedude » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:36 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Finally, one to file under "pointless".

"I cold-process them in a jar and when you get ready to eat peas, you can take that tomato out and put it in your peas," he said.

Yeah that news story has some classic lines:
"Boy, you know what. Going to different places like that -- and they see you with your camouflage overalls on -- lots of women like them."

Kirk chuckled as he described the possibilities, then decided it was time to go inside.

"You know why people can't take the heat?" he asked. "Air-condition has ruined everybody. You know what I mean?"
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Dr. Scholl's working on gellin' insert... :-b
The Sun — A YOUNG woman has made medical history after being discovered with a third nipple on her FOOT. Startled researchers believe the 22-year-old’s case is the first of its kind. Between one to five per cent of the population are believed to suffer from the condition, which is clinically referred to as supernumerary breast tissue. If present, extra nipples tend to be found above the waist. Pop star Lily Allen famously has an extra nipple on her left breast. Bond baddie Scaramanga also suffered from a similar condition. But medical staff believe the nipple’s appearance so far down the body, in this case, is a total one off.

STORY
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:44 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Dr. Scholl's working on gellin' insert... :-b
The Sun — A YOUNG woman has made medical history after being discovered with a third nipple on her FOOT. Startled researchers believe the 22-year-old’s case is the first of its kind. Between one to five per cent of the population are believed to suffer from the condition, which is clinically referred to as supernumerary breast tissue. If present, extra nipples tend to be found above the waist. Pop star Lily Allen famously has an extra nipple on her left breast. Bond baddie Scaramanga also suffered from a similar condition. But medical staff believe the nipple’s appearance so far down the body, in this case, is a total one off.

STORY

The cafe has as superfluous nipple, we call it a knipplc
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby Art Vandelay » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Rex Ryan loves that story.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DbacksRback » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:30 am

Teen kills both parents with a hammer. throws a house party.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A 17-year-old boy is accused of bludgeoning his parents with a hammer, then hosting dozens of friends for a party while their bodies lay in the bedroom, police said Monday.
The parents — Blake and Mary-Jo Hadley — were believed to have been struck with the hammer in their heads and torsos sometime after their son posted on Facebook around 1:15 p.m. Saturday alerting friends to an evening party at his house, about 50 miles north of West Palm Beach. Investigators believe the parents were attacked outside their master bedroom and the bodies were moved into the bedroom and the door locked.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-fla-teen-k ... 14985.html

DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby wrveres » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:50 am

DbacksRback wrote:Teen kills both parents with a hammer. throws a house party.
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A 17-year-old boy is accused of bludgeoning his parents with a hammer, then hosting dozens of friends for a party while their bodies lay in the bedroom, police said Monday. The parents — Blake and Mary-Jo Hadley — were believed to have been struck with the hammer in their heads and torsos sometime after their son posted on Facebook around 1:15 p.m. Saturday alerting friends to an evening party at his house, about 50 miles north of West Palm Beach. Investigators believe the parents were attacked outside their master bedroom and the bodies were moved into the bedroom and the door locked.
http://news.yahoo.com/police-fla-teen-killed-parents-then-had-party-212714985.html

all i wanted was a pepsi.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:26 pm

DbacksRback wrote:Teen kills both parents with a hammer. throws a house party.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A 17-year-old boy is accused of bludgeoning his parents with a hammer, then hosting dozens of friends for a party while their bodies lay in the bedroom, police said Monday.
The parents — Blake and Mary-Jo Hadley — were believed to have been struck with the hammer in their heads and torsos sometime after their son posted on Facebook around 1:15 p.m. Saturday alerting friends to an evening party at his house, about 50 miles north of West Palm Beach. Investigators believe the parents were attacked outside their master bedroom and the bodies were moved into the bedroom and the door locked.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-fla-teen-k ... 14985.html

Panama Joe about a minute ago Report Abuse

So the kids drank beer, but the parents got hammered!

I should not be laughing

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk